I don't get it.

Wils97

Blackshirt
Gold Member
Jun 24, 2006
Omaha, NE USA
Why do so many people love talking about politics? Nothing good ever comes from it. A lot of it is toxic. Some comments are borderline scary and cringe worthy.

I do feel that, too. It’s like trying to convince your neighbor’s dog to stop barking.

The one thing that I see as beneficial is letting some factual sunlight into their bubble.

• Haha
Reactions: HuskerCK

What1992

Offensive Coordinator
Gold Member
Jul 29, 2018
I do feel that, too. It’s like trying to convince your neighbor’s dog to stop barking.

The one thing that I see as beneficial is letting some factual sunlight into their bubble.
The thing with political discussion, arguments really, is that no one ever is going to change another one's mind but yet they continue to go at day in and day out.

People get nasty if they're on other side. Logic goes out the window. They defend "their guy" no matter the information provided even when it's inappropriate and that's just sad.

Wils97

Blackshirt
Gold Member
Jun 24, 2006
Omaha, NE USA
The thing with political discussion, arguments really, is that no one ever is going to change another one's mind but yet they continue to go at day in and day out.

People get nasty if they're on other side. Logic goes out the window. They defend "their guy" no matter the information provided even when it's inappropriate and that's just sad.

If they have to digest and consider some truth...even momentarily...that’s not a bad thing.

I agree on your umbrella point. We are so much in silos these days.

Reactions: PSO_Husker

cavalot

Head Coach
Gold Member
Oct 3, 2003
I agree but I enjoy bantering back and forth. I learn a few things hear and there, but for the most part it's become my competitive sport.

scopeandtime

Nebraska Football Hall of Fame
Gold Member
Jul 3, 2016
OP, some of us live vicariously through our favorite Political figures. Deal with it!

HUSKERinLA

College Football Hall of Fame
Gold Member
Nov 25, 2007
Why do so many people love talking about politics? Nothing good ever comes from it. A lot of it is toxic. Some comments are borderline scary and cringe worthy.
Love politics, always have, since I was a little boy reading books about the founding fathers. It's what I live for.

lifer56

Nebraska Football Hall of Fame
Gold Member
May 3, 2005
Maybe because "politics" decide who gets healthcare and who doesn't, who gets a decent education and who doesn't, who get to vote and who doesn't, who gets shot by the police and who doesn't, who gets to retire with at least minimal security and who's forced to "spend down" so as to spend the last years of their lives in some ALF hell-hole . . . ?

• Haha
Reactions: Bobfather

Bobfather

Athletic Director
Gold Member
Oct 6, 2002
So you have only been paying attention to politics the last 12 years.

biscuitbagger3

All-American
Gold Member
Aug 9, 2009
You gotta not take yourself too seriously, like Bob. I’ve agreed with most posters on here at least a few times.

Reactions: Wils97

corvettez06

Sophomore
Gold Member
Apr 1, 2007
Omaha
Maybe because "politics" decide who gets healthcare and who doesn't, who gets a decent education and who doesn't, who get to vote and who doesn't, who gets shot by the police and who doesn't, who gets to retire with at least minimal security and who's forced to "spend down" so as to spend the last years of their lives in some ALF hell-hole . . . ?
Now I'm giving you the come on man.