ADVERTISEMENT

I come in peace!

STPGopherfan

Walk On
Aug 10, 2001
I just wanted to say that your fans traveled well, and although the game didn't exactly go the way you wanted it to, your fans were great!

I have nothing to say but great things about your fans before, during and after the game.

Regarding the game, your team appeared to fight hard, it was just one of those games. I expect a different Nebraska after the bye week.

Best wishes against the Hoosiers! We will be cheering for you!

T
I just wanted to say that your fans traveled well, and although the game didn't exactly go the way you wanted it to, your fans were great!

I have nothing to say but great things about your fans before, during and after the game.

Regarding the game, your team appeared to fight hard, it was just one of those games. I expect a different Nebraska after the bye week.

thanks, good luck the rest of the season, your road definitely gets tougher for here on with penn st Iowa Wisconsin

T

thanks, good luck the rest of the season, your road definitely gets tougher for here on with penn st Iowa Wisconsin
Yes it does, but we can't overlook any team. The BigTen is tough. Even Rutgers could beat us if our team overlooks them. While I think our team is good and is playing well at the moment, I know that we could lose to any team as well. I just hope my Gophers are up to the challenge vs Iowa and Wisconsin. They are our biggest rivals, so I expect the team to be motivated.

Anyway, enough about the Gophers. Get the wins and get to a bowl game!

Good luck to your MN squad. PJ Fleck is building a good program up there. We will be around yearly to battle Coach Fleck. We blew you guys out last year and this year you got us. We will see what is in store for next year when that game is played next year.

Go and beat WI two years in a row.

Seems like every time we get our a$$es pounded we have someone from another board come to compliment on our friendly fans.

Btw, thanks OP for your kind words and good luck the rest of the way!

I went back and forth on whether or not to post, but I decided to. My intent was not to sound condescending, but complimentary. The Nebraska fans, nor myself had anything to do with the results of the game. We just came together to cheer and support our teams. Your fans were knowledgeable and engaging.

The Nebraska team is banged up, and my Gophers had most of the breaks fall our way. We have been manhandled by many Nebraska teams in the past. IIRC my Gophers have played Nebraska the most of any BigTen team. This history has fostered respect for your program. This is but one game in a series.

Both teams will line up next fall and do it all over again. As a Gopher fan, I know that Nebraska will be back. Let's just enjoy the ride. Lots of season left.

Best wishes the rest of the way!

Respectfully STPGopher

Congrats STP.. your team wanted it more than ours good luck the rest of the year

Maybe? The Cornhuskers seemed fired up initially. Injuries and adapting to a new system seemed to play a role. Reminds me of my Gophers last season before things started to click for the team. Going into the game, I felt our teams were somewhat even. After the game, I still do.

Cheers!

Last edited:
Good luck to your MN squad. PJ Fleck is building a good program up there. We will be around yearly to battle Coach Fleck. We blew you guys out last year and this year you got us. We will see what is in store for next year when that game is played next year.

Go and beat WI two years in a row.

Exactly how I feel. Thanks for the well wishes against Wisconsin May we both celebrate victories against them!

Exactly how I feel. Thanks for the well wishes against Wisconsin May we both celebrate victories against them!

I don't think we have a chance in hell against them. But, you guys may. This is a really, really good Wisconsin team. Their schedule hasn't been strong, but when you shut out 4 teams it doesn't really matter who you've played. That is really hard to do.

I don't think we have a chance in hell against them. But, you guys may. This is a really, really good Wisconsin team. Their schedule hasn't been strong, but when you shut out 4 teams it doesn't really matter who you've played. That is really hard to do.

They really are. That D is legit.

Minnesota is basically Canada. You skuh bi duh fools beat up on a pathetic Nebraska team but y'all will get rolled by the actual football teams in the conference.

Generally, I agree. Wisconsin like any other team can be had. If, and I know that it is a big if you can somehow slow their rushing attack, I think you'll have a punchers chance. If you can get some of your playmakers back, I think you might be able to score on them.

Minnesota is basically Canada. You skuh bi duh fools beat up on a pathetic Nebraska team but y'all will get rolled by the actual football teams in the conference.

Really? You think that "your" Cornhuskers are pathetic? Bit by the injury bug? yes. Pathetic? NO! I will say it now. I think that Nebraska will be bowl eligible by the end of the season.

Are the Gophers for real? I don't know. Time will tell, but as a Gopher fan, I am happy and proud of what they (I didn't do a darn thing) have achieved thus far. 6-0 for the first time since 03' You can bet I'm going to be happy with that. No matter how many breaks my Gophers got along the way. Nobody can steal that joy! On to Rutgers!

For Nebraska on to Indiana! If you want to discuss that game, go ahead. I am fully aware that I am on a Nebraska board. I'd like to learn about your team. Saturday is over. Both football teams have moved on. I am attempting to do so as well! Tell me, how do you think Nebraska will match up with Indiana?

Reactions: 9and4
Seriously hoping Minnesota wins out, though I know it's highly unlikely. So much better than watching Paul Chryst win another title, though it would be pretty awesome to watch 11-0 Minnesota and 11-0 Wisconsin battle on the final weekend of the year, pushing OSU/Michigan into second-tier status.

The Gophers are good, they went all Caddyshack on Nebraska!

Really? You think that "your" Cornhuskers are pathetic? Bit by the injury bug? yes. Pathetic? NO! I will say it now. I think that Nebraska will be bowl eligible by the end of the season.

Are the Gophers for real? I don't know. Time will tell, but as a Gopher fan, I am happy and proud of what they (I didn't do a darn thing) have achieved thus far. 6-0 for the first time since 03' You can bet I'm going to be happy with that. No matter how many breaks my Gophers got along the way. Nobody can steal that joy! On to Rutgers!

For Nebraska on to Indiana! If you want to discuss that game, go ahead. I am fully aware that I am on a Nebraska board. I'd like to learn about your team. Saturday is over. Both football teams have moved on. I am attempting to do so as well! Tell me, how do you think Nebraska will match up with Indiana?

FYI for all the toolbags that bitched about my response not being classy, I wasn't being totally serious.

Hope you guys beat Wiscy and run up the score. To answer your question, I don't think we match up well with Indiana. They will score and I don't think our offense will be able to keep pace, especially if Wandale is out or limited.

FYI for all the toolbags that bitched about my response not being classy, I wasn't being totally serious.

Hope you guys beat Wiscy and run up the score. To answer your question, I don't think we match up well with Indiana. They will score and I don't think our offense will be able to keep pace, especially if Wandale is out or limited.
Thanks for the reply! What are the odds that Frost goes more ball control against Indiana? From what I've seen, it appears that Frost mostly looks for explosive plays. Seems like some tweaks on offense to extend drives could actually help the defense out.

Yeah. We’re the toolbags.

Reactions: ssmill777
Thanks for the reply! What are the odds that Frost goes more ball control against Indiana? From what I've seen, it appears that Frost mostly looks for explosive plays. Seems like some tweaks on offense to extend drives could actually help the defense out.

I think he's like to go ball control, but we just don't have the horses up front to accomplish that. Zero passing threat so IU should be able to stack the box and stop us with ease.

I think he's like to go ball control, but we just don't have the horses up front to accomplish that. Zero passing threat so IU should be able to stack the box and stop us with ease.
I haven't seen IU's defense this year. In the past, I know that you'd be able to move the ball on them. I think you'll win, but I have a bit of a BigTen West bias.

Cheers!

I can't stand Minnesota. Terrible weather, terrible accents, and roving gangs of somalis.
I think you're kidding, but man, I love rural Minnesota five months of the year. Seriously considering a cabin once the kids graduate. I have to admit though that we stayed downtown Minneapolis for a weekend last fall and it seemed sketchy at times. Like walking back to the hotel at 10:30 from a restaurant I had that feeling like "there's no one else around and I might get killed."

I think you're kidding, but man, I love rural Minnesota five months of the year. Seriously considering a cabin once the kids graduate. I have to admit though that we stayed downtown Minneapolis for a weekend last fall and it seemed sketchy at times. Like walking back to the hotel at 10:30 from a restaurant I had that feeling like "there's no one else around and I might get killed."
I love Northern Minnesota. Beautiful country with excellent fishing. Spend a week or 2 a year up there.

Reactions: 9and4

Yeah I was just kidding, except for the accent part.

:Cool:

Reactions: mgbreis
I was amused by the Gopher fan near me at the end of the game who was ranting about how they "remember 1984" (sic) and how classless TO was to run up the score. Dude, it's been 36 years, get over it!

Reactions: SC_'sker

Was at the game and went to the Vikings game the next day. Awesome weekend in Minnesota

I was amused by the Gopher fan near me at the end of the game who was ranting about how they "remember 1984" (sic) and how classless TO was to run up the score. Dude, it's been 36 years, get over it!

I hear what you are saying, however you have to admit that 84 to 13 is enough to even make a casual fan sit in a corner and rock like a trauma victim. That was a historic whoopin. You know it is historic when you can google the score alone and find that game. I don't know if I can blame that on the coach. I just think that the talent gap that game was so wide, that if the walk-ons were put in they would have scored at will. I try to block that game from my mind.

BTW I assume said fan meant 1983. End of babbling...

Was at the game and went to the Vikings game the next day. Awesome weekend in Minnesota

Glad you enjoyed the experience! I think that is what makes Minneapolis a hidden gem. That is also what is nice about the conference in general as well. With planing, you can make the entire weekend a great experience. Since Lincoln and Omaha are somewhat close, I am hoping I can make a weekend of it when I make it to your stadium.

tenor.gif

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT