ADVERTISEMENT

I am not a coach, but

First Team All-Big Ten
Jul 27, 2002
Why can't Frost have these guys run a QB dive under center on short yardage? It cost us 7 points in the first quarter - when NU had a 3rd and short we ran a running play out of the gun for nothing. Then on 4th and short we throw a play action lob to the back of the end zone. What a wussy play. We are like an impotent slug when we need to just force the issue. This is not rocket science, quit trying to make it so. Oh and hire a ST coach. There; we win that game and probably four others using my novice thoughts.

And since I don't want to take up more space with another thread - when was the last time NU tore down the goalposts? 1982 against the Sooners?

That was basically two yards. Way too far for a QB sneak. Go back and watch the highlights and you will see what I am saying.

Reactions: headcard
We don't have an OL that can move people off the line of scrimmage.

Regardless of the size of your QB, you need the interior of your line able to burst and get into people or any QB sneak is moot.

Wisky is a well coached team, especially on their DL with big dudes that are hard to move.

Why can't Frost have these guys run a QB dive under center on short yardage? It cost us 7 points in the first quarter - when NU had a 3rd and short we ran a running play out of the gun for nothing. Then on 4th and short we throw a play action lob to the back of the end zone. What a wussy play. We are like an impotent slug when we need to just force the issue. This is not rocket science, quit trying to make it so. Oh and hire a ST coach. There; we win that game and probably four others using my novice thoughts.

And since I don't want to take up more space with another thread - when was the last time NU tore down the goalposts? 1982 against the Sooners?
Number one, last time we went under center I believe we fumbled. 2, we've got a hurt QB and non good things can happen in those piles.

Not saying we shouldn't have coached how to go under center. Just saying right now we probably can't

Reactions: headcard
When was the last time anyone tore down goalposts. Plenty of rushing the field but haven’t seen any goalposts come down in a long time

When was the last time anyone tore down goalposts. Plenty of rushing the field but haven’t seen any goalposts come down in a long time
True. It is a bygone practice. I was a little kid that hung on the cross bar before it came down in '82 and wondered if that was the last time.

1989 vs OU

TOYmcFk.jpg

Was doing belly slides on the field after the game as it was a rainy mofo, and we obviously headed downtown after that.

Crazy people somehow excavated the goal posts out of the stadium and carried the goal posts down O street. I have mad respect for those dumb bastages for doing that deed that day. RollingLaugh

Had to double check, but it was definitely 11/29/91. I made a point to write it on the memorabilia with a red sharpie.

Can't believe I still have it to this day.

Reactions: cubsker
Great pictures! Got to love it. I was living far away at that point so I guess I missed it!

I think they actually started to grease the posts for a while to discourage attempts at tearing them down. Perhaps that was just a rumor.

Now, I feel obliged to make a joke about something else we Nebraska fans have been forced to grease up before virtually every game this season.

And since I don't want to take up more space with another thread - when was the last time NU tore down the goalposts? 1982 against the if
If they are going out of the gun at least run some misdirection.

Reactions: Bremser
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT