ADVERTISEMENT

I am going to watch some ESPN2

Guess it takes some getting used to and maybe I tuned in at the wrong time. Manning's and Ray Lewis. Alot of um ooh ahh etc etc and then fire alarm went off and nobody knew what to do

Guess it takes some getting used to and maybe I tuned in at the wrong time. Manning's and Ray Lewis. Alot of um ooh ahh etc etc and then fire alarm went off and nobody knew what to do
It isn't for everyone. I also enjoyed the coach's sitting around the table for CFP title game rather than listening to Fowler and Herbstreit.

If it's similar to that I would be in.
It is a little different, in that they aren't in the same room. But similar in that Eli and Peyton are so football smart it is crazy. It is also helps that they have a sense of humor and will subtly call out a bad call or a bad play, a couple of times not so subtly.

I found it very entertaining. I am not really an NFL fan, but, for me, watching the game this way better than the standard broadcast

It is a little different, in that they aren't in the same room. But similar in that Eli and Peyton are so football smart it is crazy. It is also helps that they have a sense of humor and will subtly call out a bad call or a bad play, a couple of times not so subtly.

I found it very entertaining. I am not really an NFL fan, but, for me, watching the game this way better than the standard broadcast
I do like this better, however, it's almost like they have specific instructions not to criticize Lamar Jackson but Carr is fair game to criticize. Weird.

Reactions: huntered
I could tell the Raiders were supposed to win on that drive they through the pick, you could tell that pick wasn’t part of the script. So when the Ravens had the ball I live bet Raiders winning at +210. On que Lamar goes to making no plays and then fumbling it right back and Carr throws an easy touchdown, like he was supposed to on the prior drive. Nice when you can see the script!

I didn't see the unfair criticism of Carr. They only spoke the truth about him throwing the ball behind open receivers all 1st half. Eli defended Carr when Barkley said Carr made a poor throw, when Eli said something like that is a very small window. He put it where he had to. Peyton, right before the drive at the end of the 1st half said Carr is going to show what he is made of and lead them to a score.

In fairness, the Raiders had 34 yards of total offense and 4 punts on their first 4 drives before scoring the TD with 4 minutes to go in the half. Even with the Mariota option play.

We all hear the things we want to hear, I suppose.

They cheered for both offenses to make plays.

Last edited:
This is so much better than Brian Griese and Joe Tessatore and Booger
Brian Griese’s diatribe about how great the gay dude coming out of the closet was made me wanna puke. Not because the guys gay, don’t care. But he went soooo far over the top it was sickening. Like their were 50 gays with bats outside the booth waiting to beat his ass if he didn’t convince them he was sincere. When you don’t make someone’s sexual preference a topic of heroic proportions.. Then it will become mainstream.

Brian Griese’s diatribe about how great the gay dude coming out of the closet was made me wanna puke. Not because the guys gay, don’t care. But he went soooo far over the top it was sickening. Like their were 50 gays with bats outside the booth waiting to beat his ass if he didn’t convince them he was sincere. When you don’t make someone’s sexual preference a topic of heroic proportions.. Then it will become mainstream.
Wow, so glad I watched the Mannings, the second half was a lot better discussion especially when Russell Wilson was on. That was amazing conversations while watching the game. I'd like to personally thank Tuco for raising this topic, this is the best way to watch a game imo especially if your die hard team isn't playing as they have a lot of general football talk outside the game.

I didn't see the unfair criticism of Carr. They only spoke the truth about him throwing the ball behind open receivers all 1st half. Eli defended Carr when Barkley said Carr made a poor throw, when Eli said something like that is a very small window. He put it where he had to. Peyton, right before the drive at the end of the 1st half said Carr is going to show what he is made of and lead them to a score.

In fairness, the Raiders had 34 yards of total offense and 4 punts on their first 4 drives before scoring the TD with 4 minutes to go in the half. Even with the Mariota option play.

We all hear the things we want to hear, I suppose.

They cheered for both offenses to make plays.
The one disappointing thing to me was that it was all about the passing game. I didn't hear anything about what the O lines were doing and not all that much analysis of what the DC was trying to do to the offense. I didn't get to watch all that much of it so maybe I just missed it. The presnap reads they were rattling off was pretty cool. It would be fun to sit down and watch and analyze coach's video with them no doubt.

The one disappointing thing to me was that it was all about the passing game. I didn't hear anything about what the O lines were doing and not all that much analysis of what the DC was trying to do to the offense. I didn't get to watch all that much of it so maybe I just missed it. The presnap reads they were rattling off was pretty cool. It would be fun to sit down and watch and analyze coach's video with them no doubt.
2nd half they talked a lot about what Ravens D was trying to do.

Reactions: dinglefritz
I turned the channel after about 10 seconds of that crap. I don't want to hear about a guy coming out anymore than I want to hear about another guy's failed marriage or girlfriend in every town. Your sex life is supposed to be private. Don't ask, don't tell.

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT