ADVERTISEMENT

I’ve been pretty critical of this staff…

Really need to start showing improvement in Special Teams. If Culp can't get back on track or a semi-reliable replacement found its going to be hard to win in the BG10. Toughness and resolve will help keep them in games, but crappy special teams and kicking will make it tough to win the close ones. Buffalo was likely the last game they could withstand an abysmal kicking game and have it not come back to bite them.

Really need to start showing improvement in Special Teams. If Culp can't get back on track or a semi-reliable replacement found its going to be hard to win in the BG10. Toughness and resolve will help keep them in games, but crappy special teams and kicking will make it tough to win the close ones. Buffalo was likely the last game they could withstand an abysmal kicking game and have it not come back to bite them.
Using the best punter and having Toure as the punt returner are at least a start.

We could probably say this several weeks, but this Mich St game may tell us the most as far as how we’re trending.
Illinois showed we were clearly trending downward, but ever since we’re trending up despite a laundry list of “not so good moments.”

For the staff to keep this season together, they really need a W this weekend.
The “moral victory” has been generally accepted as a thing of the past now. The coaches need to get this team over the hump and take ownership of what they’re accomplishing here.

We got what seems to be a great group of young men, and I don’t question their desire. Now it’s time to harness all the hard work and actually put together a focused, complete game to put the train back on the winning track.

and I’m not saying that we don’t still have issues. Thus far, this team has a toughness and resolve that I expected to see year one under Frost. Wouldn’t surprise me if we finally get that top 25 road win this weekend. Either way,
I’m more excited to watch than I’ve been in a while. GBR!
it's nice to drink the kool-aid, but odds are, we're going to get popped pretty hard this week.

it's nice to drink the kool-aid, but odds are, we're going to get popped pretty hard this week.
As we know NU is coming off a close loss. As fans, we should be reminded that in the 3+ years under SF, at no point has a NU team won more than 2 games in a row. 2018 twice, 2019 once, 2020 0 in a shortened season, 2021 once (Fordham and Buffalo).

So in 36 games, NU has won back to back games 4 times. Sustaining success at NU has not exactly been SF's forte.

• Sad
Reactions: dinglefritz
As we know NU is coming off a close loss. As fans, we should be reminded that in the 3+ years under SF, at no point has a NU team won more than 2 games in a row. 2018 twice, 2019 once, 2020 0 in a shortened season, 2021 once (Fordham and Buffalo).

So in 36 games, NU has won back to back games 4 times. Sustaining success at NU has not exactly been SF's forte.
Then let this be game one of a 2 game winning streak!

That’s what people were saying last week as well… It may happen that way. But my hope is that last week showed us something more. I know I’m not alone thinking like this.
Last weeks game was completely different if you study the opponents strengths and weaknesses. We matched up really well with OU. MSU, not so much, but most fans on here can't see that.

Last weeks game was completely different if you study the opponents strengths and weaknesses. We matched up really well with OU. MSU, not so much, but most fans on here can't see that.
I’m a novice at seeing how teams matchup, I freely admit that. But Tuco has put in a lot of work showing that maybe we do match up with MSU just fine.

That’s what I’m hoping for.

I think this game will give us a baseline of where we will be in the Big 10. We were ok against Illinois in the run game, but I think MSU is going to try to run it right at us and we need to respond. I think we have a salty D, but you have to get it done against the run this weekend, and it seems we've been a little shaky in this department. I'm actually not scared of their passing game and if we can shut down their run early, we will be in good shape.

I think this game will give us a baseline of where we will be in the Big 10. We were ok against Illinois in the run game, but I think MSU is going to try to run it right at us and we need to respond. I think we have a salty D, but you have to get it done against the run this weekend, and it seems we've been a little shaky in this department. I'm actually not scared of their passing game and if we can shut down their run early, we will be in good shape.
They have a good offense that lives off the big play, and we have a good defense, that also can give up the big play.

The other part of the equation is we have a below avg offense, that lives off making the big play, and they have a good defense that doesn't give up the big play.

In order to win this, we will need to have a very good passing game Saturday night. The run game isn't going to work against them.

Reactions: leodisflowers
ADVERTISEMENT