ADVERTISEMENT

I’ve been hearing all week…

Will NU be completely over their close loss against OU when they take the field in EL Saturday night?

Huskers are about to run into a buzz saw. MSU will be playing in front of a re-energized fan base at night. Team is playing with confidence and vigor.

Nebraska had a very respectable effort last Saturday. Put everything they had into that game. Tough to do that in back to back road games.

Will NU be completely over their close loss against OU when they take the field in EL Saturday night?

Huskers are about to run into a buzz saw. MSU will be playing in front of a re-energized fan base at night. Team is playing with confidence and vigor.

Nebraska had a very respectable effort last Saturday. Put everything they had into that game. Tough to do that in back to back road games.
If anything I think NU will be emboldened by their close loss. Pissed and ready to play. They now know they can go toe to toe with anybody and IMO are starting to believe that they can win. QB is playing with confidence now. They've found some WRs and RBs who can get it done and the defense is very sound. Should be a good game.

Fleck fired his DC towards the end of the season. It would be suicide to fire Austin at this point. We have NOBODY else on this staff who can coach the O line. Tom always had 2 guys coaching his O line. I have ZERO doubt that every member of Frost's staff is going to get a thorough evaluation at the end of the year by our AD and suggestions will be made to improve the situation from Frost all the way down to the student managers.
No he fired him after the Nebraska loss.. I’m not saying SF need to fire him now, but he should have already done it or if he gets one more year he needs to cut bait on two or 3 offensive Asst…

Reactions: Pennsyhusker
Fans are complaining more because we were actually able to win the game instead of losing by 20...comical. Have to sack up and go to East Lansing to play a tough Mich St team now.

Reactions: HuskerAddict13
Fans are complaining more because we were actually able to win the game instead of losing by 20...comical. Have to sack up and go to East Lansing to play a tough Mich St team now.
The problem is still losing, Sir…

Compliments have been given to the D for doing enough to win. What people are pissed about, myself included, is that the reason we lost the Oklahoma game are the same reasons Scott Frost lost to IL and losses in the past 3 seasons. If he fails to correct those things, those things will be why he failed.

Reactions: NikkiSixx
No he fired him after the Nebraska loss.. I’m not saying SF need to fire him now, but he should have already done it or if he gets one more year he needs to cut bait on two or 3 offensive Asst…
Wasn't that game at least half way through the season? It is also true that he had a guy on his staff he trusted to take over for his DC the rest of the way right? We don't have anybody else on our staff who can coach the O line. Nobody. We would have to go through the University hiring process and bring somebody in from outside. It would be a complete f'ing disaster at a time where our season is still a work in progress. It would be insane to fire Austin right now. Any changes that would be made will wait until the end of the year.

Wasn't that game at least half way through the season? It is also true that he had a guy on his staff he trusted to take over for his DC the rest of the way right? We don't have anybody else on our staff who can coach the O line. Nobody. We would have to go through the University hiring process and bring somebody in from outside. It would be a complete f'ing disaster at a time where our season is still a work in progress. It would be insane to fire Austin right now. Any changes that would be made will wait until the end of the year.
It was SF first win at Nebraska October 20th 2018.Winking

Not sure who he replaced him with if he was already on the staff..

Reactions: dinglefritz
The problem is still losing, Sir…
This. Yet another “missed opportunity.” I am tired of “missed opportunities” and I am tired of “signs of progress since we didn’t get blown out.” A better team would have beaten OU Saturday. OU was ripe for the plucking. But when presented with the opportunity we once again pissed down our legs. I did not come away from that game feeling encouraged. I came away frustrated and angry. And I think that is the mood of a lot of loyal Husker fans. Tired of excuses. Find a damn o line coach or go back to Florida.

It was SF first win at Nebraska October 20th 2018.Winking

Not sure who he replaced him with if he was already on the staff..
Like I said, it was late in the year and he had one of his defensive assistants call the defenses. We don't have the luxury of another O line coach. I don't even think we have a grad assistant with much expertise at coaching the O line on staff. It would seem that we need to address the fact that we have 3 guys on staff who could coach QBs and we still have one of them as a dedicated QB coach who does nothing else. He might be a great QB coach but man...

This. Yet another “missed opportunity.” I am tired of “missed opportunities” and I am tired of “signs of progress since we didn’t get blown out.” A better team would have beaten OU Saturday. OU was ripe for the plucking. But when presented with the opportunity we once again pissed down our legs. I did not come away from that game feeling encouraged. I came away frustrated and angry. And I think that is the mood of a lot of loyal Husker fans. Tired of excuses. Find a damn o line coach or go back to Florida.
If he can’t get us to a bowl game this year, I’m ready for a change… He have plenty of opportunities to get the job done this year yet..

And yet we moved the ball and scored points. The problem was our kicker. My Vikings lost their game yesterday by 2 points. Their kicker missed an extra point and a 37 yarder as time expired that would have won the game...... It isn't just us. Oh yeah, they also had a punt returner field the ball at the 10 and proceed to run backwards to get tackled at the 3 yard line.....

Like I said, it was late in the year and he had one of his defensive assistants call the defenses. We don't have the luxury of another O line coach. I don't even think we have a grad assistant with much expertise at coaching the O line on staff. It would seem that we need to address the fact that we have 3 guys on staff who could coach QBs and we still have one of them as a dedicated QB coach who does nothing else. He might be a great QB coach but man...
I understand your point but it wasn’t late in the year..November would be late in the year..
The fact is he made the change that needed to be made right?

SF will be stubborn and loyal and won’t make the changes he needs to make to keep his job.He will be happy receiving $ 20 Million..

And yet we moved the ball and scored points. The problem was our kicker. My Vikings lost their game yesterday by 2 points. Their kicker missed an extra point and a 37 yarder as time expired that would have won the game...... It isn't just us. Oh yeah, they also had a punt returner field the ball at the 10 and proceed to run backwards to get tackled at the 3 yard line.....
On 3 separate occasions yesterday I got to text my Minnesota friends that I thought Nebraska played on Saturdays. :)

On 3 separate occasions yesterday I got to text my Minnesota friends that I thought Nebraska played on Saturdays. :)
All of the clowns whining about losing to OU should be Vikings fans too. THEN they would have something to cry about. The comparison is strong. All year we bitch about Cousins then he plays great and our damned kicker loses the game.

The problem with the blocked extra point was not our kicker. The problem was Piper getting blown up like a rag doll and run over. The problem was red zone running plays going backwards. And if this were a problem limited to the OU game I would just chalk it up to OU having a good defense. But this problem with our running game AND our pass protection is now a problem we have seen in all of our games. I am not the only one to notice this. Every pundit with two eyes and a pulse has noticed as well. Our offensive line is wretched. Probably the worst in the B1G. And that is inexcusable. Crap, we couldn’t even run consistently against Fordham. Take away Amart’s long scrambles and we would have had shit against them too on the ground.

The problem with the blocked extra point was not our kicker. The problem was Piper getting blown up like a rag doll and run over. The problem was red zone running plays going backwards. And if this were a problem limited to the OU game I would just chalk it up to OU having a good defense. But this problem with our running game AND our pass protection is now a problem we have seen in all of our games. I am not the only one to notice this. Every pundit with two eyes and a pulse has noticed as well. Our offensive line is wretched. Probably the worst in the B1G. And that is inexcusable.
OU was most definitely loading up to stop the run and they did for the most part. I don't know what the hell was going on in Piper's mind on that XP. I think he either didn't know the snap count or didn't hear it because clearly he got beat to the punch by that guy. I've never seen that happen unless the defense jumped early on a kick. That clip is going to get run a few times in film sessions. I feel bad for Piper man. He's got to just be sick watching that.

Reactions: Pennsyhusker
All of the clowns whining about losing to OU should be Vikings fans too. THEN they would have something to cry about. The comparison is strong. All year we bitch about Cousins then he plays great and our damned kicker loses the game.
😂 I’m a Viking fan too, I’ve been getting use to all my life them choking games away..

I’m about ready to root for my other favorite team the Bears !

Reactions: John_J_Rambo
That OU was gonna murder us, but we showed up and played our asses off. Now all I hear is how overrated they are.. I mean they were a 3TD fav for a reason, we weren’t even supposed to make it competitive
The OU team of the last 2 or 3 years would have murdered this NU team. The only thing this game showed is just how overrated this year's OU team is. They'll lose at least 3 games this year.

Our loss to a below average Illinois team was no fluke.

Michigan Lite has beat 3 very average to below average teams. Stadium will probably have 40K people. Big deal.

Michigan Lite gets more penalties than NU amazingly enough.

Michigan Lite gives up a lot of passing yards to bad passing teams.

Michigan Lite has not played an even decent defense.

Michigan Lite after all of their rushing yards still has less time of possession than their opponents. Wait until they can't gain yards on the ground at a 7-8 yard clip all game.

This is going to be a good game but NU will run just enough to pass their way to victory by a TD

The OU team of the last 2 or 3 years would have murdered this NU team. The only thing this game showed is just how overrated this year's OU team is. They'll lose at least 3 games this year.

Our loss to a below average Illinois team was no fluke.
This may prove to be the truth, but since there are confidence issues, I will take it and tell the team they aren't far off, and let them believe it. We can continue to grow from this and have a more respectable record this year if they believe in themselves and keep working hard.

Seems that Smothers has definitely pushed Adrian in a lot of ways. From outsiders, which we all are, Smothers is very well respected & liked amongst the staff & team. Shows up everyday and grinds. Sure they like his speed but

Word from my folks who feel they have reliable info is that Smothers is very well liked & respected from the staff and team. Shows up everyday & works extremely hard & has really helped push Adrian. Whatever is doing it doesn’t need to change because Adrian played well and needs to continue to do so.
Smothers isn’t pushing anybody.

Reactions: WHCSC
OU was most definitely loading up to stop the run and they did for the most part. I don't know what the hell was going on in Piper's mind on that XP. I think he either didn't know the snap count or didn't hear it because clearly he got beat to the punch by that guy. I've never seen that happen unless the defense jumped early on a kick. That clip is going to get run a few times in film sessions. I feel bad for Piper man. He's got to just be sick watching that.
There’s a snap count on an XP? I’d think it’s always on 1. I’m just a simple former long snapper

• Haha
There’s a snap count on an XP? I’d think it’s always on 1. I’m just a simple former long snapper
He clearly was not ready for the snap. I don't know what he was thinking. We always used to use a snap count on extra points in high school but that was a very long time ago.

I personally feel like Frost will get another year if they get to 5 wins. Trev feels continuity with pragmatic changes is important. And Frosts job will be in smother’s hands next year
Technically Adrian has another year left IF he wants it. The question for him probably is if he can make more money going pro or on NIL.

Technically Adrian has another year left IF he wants it. The question for him probably is if he can make more money going pro or on NIL.
God love AM…great kid, not doing bad this year… but you honestly think he wants another year of this? Or that Frost isn’t ready to try something new?

I personally feel like Frost will get another year if they get to 5 wins. Trev feels continuity with pragmatic changes is important. And Frosts job will be in smother’s hands next year
5 wins? I think he needs to get 6 to keep his job. It's Year 4.

disgust-cringe.gif

• Haha
That’s great an all but I don’t see many saviors out there… much less saviors we could convince to come to Lincoln
Well, Frost better get to .500 or we'll be finding someone else. I'm sure we'll be able to find someone that can do better than that.

That’s great an all but I don’t see many saviors out there… much less saviors we could convince to come to Lincoln
That is a loser mentality. There are plenty of coaches out there that would love to have a shot at being a head coach at a Big Ten school. We don't have to try and hire a big name coach like Urban Meyer.

God love AM…great kid, not doing bad this year… but you honestly think he wants another year of this? Or that Frost isn’t ready to try something new?
I dunno. People do a lot of funny things to make a buck. Maybe he thinks another year would earn him a high draft pick. I've given up trying to figure out what goes through young athletes' minds.

Adrian has already graduated and is taking graduate level classes on his Masters degree. I think he will absolutely return, if nothing more than to finish his masters degree while it's being paid for via scholarship.

that would be great if AM played next year, unless we have better? I'm not sure smothers is, or the guy from texas

Adrian has already graduated and is taking graduate level classes on his Masters degree. I think he will absolutely return, if nothing more than to finish his masters degree while it's being paid for via scholarship.
A lot depends on whether or not Adrian will want to play for whomever our next coach is. If Frost turns the season around and retains his job, I think Adrian plays. If things go south… who knows?

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT