ADVERTISEMENT

I’ve been hearing all week…

Aug 29, 2020
That OU was gonna murder us, but we showed up and played our asses off. Now all I hear is how overrated they are.. I mean they were a 3TD fav for a reason, we weren’t even supposed to make it competitive

I get that there are some
(Many)glaring issues with this team and I know there’s no excuses for a lot of it. O-line is piss poor besides Jurgens, kid played his ass off today and I thought that second penalty was horse shit. I was taught to play through the whistle, he was 20 something yards downfield dominating his man. Pure effort.

Also I think it’s hilarious how many people were calling me out because I said Adrien was not the problem and he’s a damn good QB in my “thoughts opinion “post

I don’t need another lecture about how bad Frost is, I realize he’s the head coach and the sloppiness is on him. But if your actively rooting against him… then I think you should find a new team to root for lol.

These are MY opinions!
GBR

That OU was gonna murder us, but we showed up and played our asses off. Now all I hear is how overrated they are.. I mean they were a 3TD fav for a reason, we weren’t even supposed to make it competitive

(Many)glaring issues with this team and I know there’s no excuses for a lot of it. O-line is piss poor besides Jurgens, kid played his ass off today and I thought that second penalty was horse shit. I was taught to play through the whistle, he was 20 something yards downfield dominating his man. Pure effort.

Also I think it’s hilarious how many people were calling me out because I said Adrien was not the problem and he’s a damn good QB in my “thoughts opinion “post

I don’t need another lecture about how bad Frost is, I realize he’s the head coach and the sloppiness is on him. But if your actively rooting against him… then I think you should find a new team to root for lol.

These are MY opinions!
GBR
2AM played great. He was the best QB on the field today. He’s taken his run game to another level this year.

That’s 2nd penalty on Cam was BS. I’m rewatching it atm. He would literally have to have eyes in the back of his head to know exactly when that play ended. 30 yards downfield doing his job and gets penalized for it.

I felt different about today’s loss than I have in a long time. It hurt more. So close to accomplishing something that no one thought was possible.

The team actually reminded me of vintage Nebraska at times, besides the O line and the kicker. Now we just have to see if they can produce this kind of Mojo for the rest of the season.

Ol Frosty might be sticking around for a while longer.

GBR

These are MY opinions!
GBR
not me, I predicted:

NU 27
0u 24

result:

0u 23
NU 16

I was one point off on 0u's score
but I expected more points from NU........I must say, I'm a tad perturbed by it...

so I felt we should beat oklahoma, not get murdered by them....
so now we have to make up for the illinois and 0klahoma game...

so this means we have to beat michigan and ohio state.
I also thought that we needed to be competitive against non conference teams,
so I guess we will have to win a bowl game also...

Last edited:
Reactions: Wyldcard
I predicted an NU win, which we should have gotten.

Adrian played okay today, but as usual, with some of the good stuff, we got some bad from him as well. Still takes too long to make a decision, sacks, not going for it when he needed to. He did make a couple of nice plays and seems to be trusting a few of the receivers more.

Receivers were a really good surprise with some of the catches today.

RB was just okay.

OL was not good, borderline bad.

Kicking/Special teams was even worse.

Coaching/play calling? Still a lot of problems here at least on offense.. same as it's always been.

Defense did a nice job in the first half. CTB continues to surprise at his mistakes. Also saw some poor tackling at times when OU had their running game going in the 3rd qtr.

Uniforms were spot on.

JoJo Domann's press conference was good too. I think they try to build on this game.

We are still a 50% winning/losing team at this point, so there is a lot of work to do.

I thought we'd lay down and get killed.

This was the best Nebraska has played in a long time besides special teams.

If we can get Cam to quit beating up DBs the penalties will be a lot better too.

Play like that the against Illinois and we win.

The problem with AM is that he isn't consistent from game to game. I was expecting the bad AM yesterday. Now watch the bad AM shows up against Michigan State and gives MSU the short field on two turnovers.

Reactions: Redinwashington
I thought we'd lay down and get killed.

This was the best Nebraska has played in a long time besides special teams.

If we can get Cam to quit beating up DBs the penalties will be a lot better too.

Play like that the against Illinois and we win.
I wish the rest of oline would follow cam’s mentality, minus bone head plays, his 2nd penalty was bs. We need more nasty on this team.

It's like that around here for probably half the posters. AM is a boom or bust kind of player, Frost is over is skis with this job. As for myself I can still give credit to good play and winning games. Constant hating and being negative 24/7 won't make that season end any faster. I believe thats when changes will be made.

Last edited:
not me, I predicted:

NU 27
0u 24

result:

0u 23
NU 16

I was one point off on 0u's score
but I expected more points from NU........I must say, I'm a tad perturbed by it...

so I felt we should beat oklahoma, not get murdered by them....
so now we have to make up for the illinois and 0klahoma game...

so this means we have to beat michigan and ohio state.
I also thought that we needed to be competitive against non conference teams,
so I guess we will have to win a bowl game also...
I also predicted NU win 30-24. But even in the "good loss" the same glaring mistakes happened.

Poor line play at times.
Bad decisions by am at times.
Poor special teams
Poor game clock management

These are MY opinions!
GBR
💯 Mi amigo.
I also saw alot predicting a total route. I'm proud of the boys for showing up and balling for 4 quarters. They can play, but the mental mistakes need to improve.
If we can just get consistent solid play from the oline this team can win most of the games remaining on the schedule.

I predicted an NU win, which we should have gotten.

Adrian played okay today, but as usual, with some of the good stuff, we got some bad from him as well. Still takes too long to make a decision, sacks, not going for it when he needed to. He did make a couple of nice plays and seems to be trusting a few of the receivers more.

Receivers were a really good surprise with some of the catches today.

RB was just okay.

OL was not good, borderline bad.

Kicking/Special teams was even worse.

Coaching/play calling? Still a lot of problems here at least on offense.. same as it's always been.

Defense did a nice job in the first half. CTB continues to surprise at his mistakes. Also saw some poor tackling at times when OU had their running game going in the 3rd qtr.

Uniforms were spot on.

JoJo Domann's press conference was good too. I think they try to build on this game.

We are still a 50% winning/losing team at this point, so there is a lot of work to do.
Agree with all except I thought the play calling was pretty good. I haven't reviewed the tape yet, but I recall only one swing pass and it was the right play at the right time and went for good yardage.

Reactions: NikkiSixx
I wanted Frost hired dumb****. What I want is to win football games and when the head coach is failing at the basics, you think I'm going to celebrate that?
Win or lose you're a miserable fan and spread it where you can.
Ain't no one got time for your negative whining crap.
Get on board or get out of the way!

GO BIG RED

One thing is this team definitely came to play with some intensity I haven’t seen here quite a while.

If I were in their shoes, I would use this as motivation and play with a chip on my shoulder. They proved we have the strength and conditioning and the playmakers at the skill position to go toe to toe with really good teams.

They better be ready for Michigan St because they look legit. Northwestern always plays us tough regardless of their record. Bring the intensity each week and I think they will surprise by season’s end.

Agree with all except I thought the play calling was pretty good. I haven't reviewed the tape yet, but I recall only one swing pass and it was the right play at the right time and went for good yardage.
Yeah, I should have called it game/play management or something different. Not using time outs efficiently. Also, that one minute drill was horrible. But you're right, at other times, it was clean getting plays in and out and some good calls.

Nobody is actively rooting against Frost. Dude is a Husker legend. His success would mean so much to this programs past, present and future. Erase that narrative.
Are you sure about that? lol just take a gander at my other post 😂

The problem with AM is that he isn't consistent from game to game. I was expecting the bad AM yesterday. Now watch the bad AM shows up against Michigan State and gives MSU the short field on two turnovers.
amen, with adrian one play he can't hit the broadside of a barn, then on the next play it looks like a bradshaw to swain spiral

Reactions: John_J_Rambo
I’ll admit Adrian probably played the best game of his career yesterday hopefully he keeps it up I’ll gladly eat crow. Maybe it became he has a backup actually pushing him the little we’ve seen from smothers he very capable of running this offense compared to luke
My guess is having some good downfield threats also makes him look better.

Amart has indeed been a problem. Did he have a better day? Yes. He limited his mistakes. This team's ills are it's OL and special teams. Amart is his own problem. But keep it simple and it gave us a chance.

We'll see if he keeps it going while we "work" on the OL and special teams.

Amart has indeed been a problem. Did he have a better day? Yes. He limited his mistakes. This team's ills are it's OL and special teams. Amart is his own problem. But keep it simple and it gave us a chance.

I've been "working" on the OL, but its been falling on deaf ears.

Reactions: NikkiSixx
I’ll admit Adrian probably played the best game of his career yesterday hopefully he keeps it up I’ll gladly eat crow. Maybe it became he has a backup actually pushing him the little we’ve seen from smothers he very capable of running this offense compared to luke
Seems that Smothers has definitely pushed Adrian in a lot of ways. From outsiders, which we all are, Smothers is very well respected & liked amongst the staff & team. Shows up everyday and grinds. Sure they like his speed but
Word from my folks who feel they have reliable info is that Smothers is very well liked & respected from the staff and team. Shows up everyday & works extremely hard & has really helped push Adrian. Whatever is doing it doesn’t need to change because Adrian played well and needs to continue to do so.

The game was definitely a lot closer than I would have predicted.

The problem is that Frost's teams tend to play to the level of competition, and they often struggle against traditional Big Ten teams that play solid defense, run the ball a lot, and are disciplined and take care of the ball. Teams like Iowa and Wisconsin that will just sit back and wait for us to beat ourselves. It's hard for me to see more than 2 more wins left on the schedule. I think we'll beat Northwestern and Purdue, but that's it. I hope I am wrong.

We lost this game for the same reason we lost the Illinois game. Our offensive line is horrible. And until that improves brace yourselves for another losing season and another head coach search. Why in the hell, after four years, Frost could not field a physical and effective offensive line is beyond puzzling. It is sad because it is probably going to cost him his job.

they get arian passing a lil better holding the ball a lil better
the oline blocking a lil better
our super star receivers showing up to the game a lil better
rb's get their yards per carry a lil better..
the kicking a lil better...
calling the game a lil better...
pass rush a lil better...

I'm thinking things can get a whole lot better.
I'm not too sure about blowing everything up at this juncture.
mich state will be a dog fight, but everyone do their part and good things can happen

they get arian passing a lil better holding the ball a lil better
the oline blocking a lil better
our super star receivers showing up to the game a lil better
rb's get their yards per carry a lil better..
the kicking a lil better...
calling the game a lil better...
pass rush a lil better...

I'm thinking things can get a whole lot better.
I'm not too sure about blowing everything up at this juncture.
mich state will be a dog fight, but everyone do their part and good things can happen
The bottom line for me is this is why I love watching the Huskers. Yes it causes me great agony when they lose but man I love rooting for them and watching the struggle to compete and win games. It's fun not knowing for sure what the outcome of the season is going to be. At this point in time just about anything other than a playoff berth is still possible. OSU looks mortal. There isn't a team in the conference we couldn't beat on any given Saturday IMO. Enjoy the ride. Yeah whine and complain A LITTLE if we lose but man just enjoy watching college football. I probably don't have much more than 10 seasons left to enjoy it. I'm going to do my best to enjoy the ride.

We lost this game for the same reason we lost the Illinois game. Our offensive line is horrible. And until that improves brace yourselves for another losing season and another head coach search. Why in the hell, after four years, Frost could not field a physical and effective offensive line is beyond puzzling. It is sad because it is probably going to cost him his job.
He should have let Austin go and found another OL coach by now.. But just like Callahan that would not let Cosgrove go and being to loyal to Coaches on the staff will eventually get you fired..

Fleck fired his defensive Coord after losing to Nebraska in 2018 and look how much more they improved..

Last edited:

Nothing like keeping it simple for the 4th year starter

He should have let Austin go and found another OL coach by now.. But just like Callahan that would not let Cosgrove go and being to loyal to Coaches on the staff will eventually get you fired..

Fleck fired his defensive Coord after beating Nebraska in 2018 and look how much more they improved..
Fleck fired his DC towards the end of the season. It would be suicide to fire Austin at this point. We have NOBODY else on this staff who can coach the O line. Tom always had 2 guys coaching his O line. I have ZERO doubt that every member of Frost's staff is going to get a thorough evaluation at the end of the year by our AD and suggestions will be made to improve the situation from Frost all the way down to the student managers.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT