ADVERTISEMENT

I’m stunned at you people....

... unless I missed a thread somewhere...

50 YEARS AGO TODAY.... FIRST NATIONAL TITLE!!!

Thanks to the Bobfather, Jerry Tagge, Johnny the Jet, Rich Glover....

THOSE were players!!!🏈❤❤❤❤❤

Sir, you need to readjust your expectations.

Better than that if you contract the period to 1965 through 2001, or 37 seasons. We played in 10 bowls with a chance to win it all over those 37 seasons, and we won five. In eight of the games, the other team was also playing for a shot at the title. That's playing for a title every 3.7 years, and winning one every 7.4 years. Not Alabama great, but it spoiled those of us who have lived through all 10 of those games.
  • 1965 vs. Alabama. 39-29 loss. Alabama wins AP title.
  • 1970 vs. LSU. 17-12 win. (LSU did not have a shot at the title.)
  • 1971 vs. Alabama. 38-6 win.
  • 1981 vs. Clemson. 22-15 loss. (Still sucks that T. Gill couldn't play.)
  • 1983 at Miami. 31-30 loss.
  • 1993 vs. Florida State. 18-16 loss
  • 1994 vs. Miami. 24-17 win. (Miami still had a chance at the title had PSU lost the next day.)
  • 1995 vs. Florida. 62-24 win.
  • 1997 vs. Tennessee. 42-17 win. (Tennessee did not have a chance at the title because Michigan had won earlier).
  • 2001 vs. Miami. 37-14 loss. (Could have been 137-0. Thank you, Larry Coker.)
Three times we played in a bowl without a chance to win the title, but our opponent did, and then beat us to clinch it.
  • 1964 vs. Arkansas. 10-7 loss.
  • 1990 vs. Georgia Tech. 45-21 loss.
  • 1991 vs. Miami. 22-0 loss.
Good job amigo!

And how would you suggest we "keep" Tom Osborne coaching? I'm pretty sure it was his idea.
Pay him 11 million a year, buy him a new house. Ban alcohol sales on Sunday. Bring back the DARE program In schools. Then Tom would have stayed.

I was in Kindegarden and remember this day well it was like low 50s in Omaha and I was out playing much of the day I knew it was big because the the olders grade school kids were in and out all day in an extremely excited state giving updates on the texas notre dame game and then the ohio state stanford games, two games we had to go are way to win the NC.

Do whatever the heck you have to. It never seemed like we tried that hard to keep him coaching.
his health at that time was not at a point where it was a good idea to continue. Most people don't know how close he came to dying that last year. The public accounts of his illness were dramatically understated. It was definitely the right time to lower his stress level and work load. He worked a tremendous number of hours during the season. From late August to the end of November he slept in his office so he could watch game tape late. There was no better prepared coach anywhere in college football to the point that he could predict what individual opposition players would do when given a particular situation during a play. Nobody outcoached him. Nobody outworked him.

I was in Kindegarden and remember this day well it was like low 50s in Omaha and I was out playing much of the day I knew it was big because the the olders grade school kids were in and out all day in an extremely excited state giving updates on the texas notre dame game and then the ohio state stanford games, two games we had to go are way to win the NC.

I not so sure it was in the 50’s.. I remember snow being on the ground and a lot of it and I lived in Millard..

Reactions: bigboxes
... unless I missed a thread somewhere...

50 YEARS AGO TODAY.... FIRST NATIONAL TITLE!!!

Thanks to the Bobfather, Jerry Tagge, Johnny the Jet, Rich Glover....

THOSE were players!!!🏈❤❤❤❤❤

Wow, way to drop the "you people" remark!!!!

tenor.gif

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT