ADVERTISEMENT

I’ll say it.... I’m downhearted....

Aside from all the losing things really aren’t that bad

.... and in a world with COVID, political turmoil, racial unrest and frankly just getting older, I just want to feel good about our programs( football and hoops)....and I don’t ...

I’ll be fine... just needed to pout a little...🤭😬🏈🏀
Did you get 12 inches of snow?

If the last year has taught me anything, it's that sports aren't all that important in the grand scheme of things. But, man, do they help ease the pain of life sometimes. Would love to have the reprieve from reality that good Husker teams would provide.

.... and in a world with COVID, political turmoil, racial unrest and frankly just getting older, I just want to feel good about our programs( football and hoops)....and I don’t ...

I’m glad you’re downhearted about the football program. We all SHOULD be. Never thought I would witness the acceptance of the once proud Husker football program being completely irrelevant, a large number of fans coming up with every conceivable way to excuse one of the poorest Husker coaches to date, and getting excited for the “possibility” of a winning season.

But hey - we beat Rutgers, played Iowa close, played one good series against OSU - so look out world!!!

It is tough when reality smacks us straight in the face. But you aren't alone Sparty. We will get through it, Spring is right around the corner. With Spring and the sunshine it brings, a new hope begins.

I choose to believe this....I have a blessed life...thank you...
how many days til the spring scrimmage? Personally I'm about as jacked about spring ball as I've been in a long time. Call me crazy but I'm excited about what this year will bring. As rough as it's been in both programs I think a foundation has been laid with recruiting in both programs.

Last edited:
how many days til the spring scrimmage? Personally I'm about as jacked about a spring ball as I've been in a long time. Call me crazy but I'm excited about what this year will bring. As rough as it's been in both programs I think a foundation has been laid with recruiting in both programs.

861ef8e34477043d3fc6b07d371be892.gif

Spring practice will come along and the Kool-Aid will flow. Everyone will be convinced this coming season will be a breakthrough.

Spring practice will come along and the Kool-Aid will flow. Everyone will be convinced this coming season will be a breakthrough.
Some will, but I think a lot are now on the “prove it” wagon. Frost has not been good... or average. I thought he’d be a home run hire like many others. He’s got a daunting schedule next season.

Reactions: dinglefritz
I actually did our Driveway had a hill in the middle so I would walk Up hill and down the back side to meet to school bus the when the bus dropped us off I’d walk up the hill and back down to the farmstead it was about 1/4 mile one way
I used to have to walk backwards, in 10' of snow to school. With a horse. I have no idea why I had to have the horse. But, I did. And I always walked backwards.

Honestly my only advice is to focus on self improvement. There is a lot of negatives in the world today so focus on what you have in your sphere of control. Social media will NOT help in this matter.

Honestly my only advice is to focus on self improvement. There is a lot of negatives in the world today so focus on what you have in your sphere of control. Social media will NOT help in this matter.
FYI, you've just posted on a social media platform. I agree with you wholeheartedly, though. I come here to escape politics. And hopefully read good news about the football program.

Instead, I'm dealt with a bunch of political shit. I can find that elsewhere. But it shouldn't be on HuskerOnline.

I’m glad you’re downhearted about the football program. We all SHOULD be. Never thought I would witness the acceptance of the once proud Husker football program being completely irrelevant, a large number of fans coming up with every conceivable way to excuse one of the poorest Husker coaches to date, and getting excited for the “possibility” of a winning season.

But hey - we beat Rutgers, played Iowa close, played one good series against OSU - so look out world!!!
Yep. Can’t question frost otherwise you’re a troll. Husker fans have to be okay and proud of 7-5 now. Move those goalposts again. Bill Moos made it 6-6 so let’s do that again. If frost was anyone else he would be gone. I wanted to give him 10 years but he gets 1 more year if we lose games we shouldn’t he needs to go.

Reactions: B1G RED RULES
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT