ADVERTISEMENT

Huskers - you deserve a season !

Aug 31, 2013
Glad your administration didn’t back down today and hoping you guys can have some type of 2020 season! Probably would be difficult to make it happen this year but would nice to get a Nebraska /Clemson scheduled in 2020.

Last edited:
Has anyone heard what the actual vote was today by the presidents of the
Not sure but it’s interesting that SEC leaders are not rushing a decision. Seems like they Are being more careful thinking of everything instead of just protecting their own job. Just seems like a more mature thoughtful set of leaders than big 10

Come on in. The waters fine. We can move a couple of schools over to the East and make room for you guys
Well I never felt comfortable about fitting in politically with the other big ten schooo/states. We definitely have/had more in common with big 12

Reactions: BleedRed78
Well I never felt comfortable about fitting in politically with the other big ten schooo/states. We definitely have/had more in common with big 12

You know for the 15 or so years I've been on this board, the rural guys do nothing but dump on the libruls in Omaha and Lincoln and highlight the state divide.

its real.

But it didn't go away because the B1G made a decision you don't like. Omaha and Lincoln aren't getting anymore conservative. Omaha/2nd district went for Obama if I recall.

Greg Sankey sounded a lot mpre pessimistic about any teams from other conferences playing in the SEC than you do.

Folks are hanging their hats on the ACC in particular lately, and I personally do think they will at least start, but in addition to the quote that they do believe they can do it safely through a bunch of hard work...they had a buried quote about how they felt the gravity of the decision required them at least getting kids on campus first so they could see if it was even feasible to go. That was the purpose of them setting a later start.

So they still may not go...they are just waiting to figure it out.

Reactions: Nebraska_Reality
You know for the 15 or so years I've been on this board, the rural guys do nothing but dump on the libruls in Omaha and Lincoln and highlight the state divide.

its real.

But it didn't go away because the B1G made a decision you don't like. Omaha and Lincoln aren't getting anymore conservative. Omaha/2nd district went for Obama if I recall.
Yep. Can't even read the owh anymore!! Time to get rid of the unicameral

Greg Sankey sounded a lot mpre pessimistic about any teams from other conferences playing in the SEC than you do.
I don’t know. Dan Patrick broke this news yesterday and also stated they were in talks with other schools to start a super conference for this season. Who knows at this point. Never really saw you guys as a good fit in the Big 10.

I don’t know. Dan Patrick broke this news yesterday and also stated they were in talks with other schools to start a super conference for this season. Who knows at this point. Never really saw you guys as a good fit in the Big 10.
I watched Paul Finebaum today, as I usually do this time of year. I forgot who it was, but a media guy basically said that much of this was posturing after Jim Harbaugh did what he did. Day, Franklin, and Frost then felt like they needed to go the "populist" route, since one of their rivals did. According to him, the last couple of days within the B1G weren't nearly as dramatic as its been portrayed.

We have a coach that was touted as the boy wonder, who ran off at the mouth when he was hired....as did our AD. Just a matter of same behavior in an attempt at getting attention...nothing more....and at least those other guys have won some games. The Tom Osborne era is long gone in more than one way...sadly.

Reactions: Sker

its real.

Saline County is rural as hell, and I'm thinking is pretty blue.

I watched Paul Finebaum today, as I usually do this time of year. I forgot who it was, but a media guy basically said that much of this was posturing after Jim Harbaugh did what he did. Day, Franklin, and Frost then felt like they needed to go the "populist" route, since one of their rivals did. According to him, the last couple of days within the B1G weren't nearly as dramatic as its been portrayed.

We have a coach that was touted as the boy wonder, who ran off at the mouth when he was hired....as did our AD. Just a matter of same behavior in an attempt at getting attention...nothing more....and at least those other guys have won some games. The Tom Osborne era is long gone in more than one way...sadly.

He said "you guys," and you respond? I don't think you can speak for any Husker fan. I pity you; you sound very lost and troubled.

Normally I roll past droll ignorance, but yours set a new benchmark. Have a cookie.

Reactions: Bugeater
Normally I roll past droll ignorance, but yours set a new benchmark. Have a cookie.
Did Frost and Moos not run off at the mouth when Frost was hired? I seem to recall Moos saying something about "Urban Meyer running scared", and Frost saying that the B1G was going to "have to adjust" to Nebraska football. Tell me if I'm wrong.

Are you saying the Nebraska of the Osborne era is still in Lincoln? Feel free to explain.

Did Frost and Moos not run off at the mouth when Frost was hired? I seem to recall Moos saying something about "Urban Meyer running scared", and Frost saying that the B1G was going to "have to adjust" to Nebraska football. Tell me if I'm wrong.

Are you saying the Nebraska of the Osborne era is still in Lincoln? Feel free to explain.
What the hell does this have to do with the BIG 10 douchebags screwing the pooch on this whole deal? Who cares what Frost and Moos said 3 years ago.

What the hell does this have to do with the BIG 10 douchebags screwing the pooch on this whole deal? Who cares what Frost and Moos said 3 years ago.

Because this might be another case of Frost/Moos talking first, and aiming later.

What jflores said.

Just out of curiosity, Sledge....do you have proof that the B1G screwed the pooch, or is this just your two-bit opinion? What info do you have that the medical advisors missed? I Hope you have something besides regurgitating the low COVID fatality rate for college-age kids, because that's not what this is about.

And what were they supposed to say?
"Yeah, feel free to have at us while we clean up the mess we found when we got here." At least Moos and Frost have shown a spine, unlike some Neville Chamberin wieners I could name. (Hint: Consider yourself in that group.)

You might want to check out the posts from other fanbases who have posted tonight congratulating NU for taking a stand. Bending over and grabbing your ankles is not a good look, but it might be right in your comfort zone.

Go back to your I_wa board with the other chum snorkelers.

"Yeah, feel free to have at us while we clean up the mess we found when we got here." At least Moos and Frost have shown a spine, unlike some Neville Chamberin wieners I could name. (Hint: Consider yourself in that group.)

You might want to check out the posts from other fanbases who have posted tonight congratulating NU for taking a stand. Bending over and grabbing your ankles is not a good look, but it might be right in your comfort zone.

NU is taking it on the chin as well in social media. Let's not pretend we're unilateral heroes in this thing.

Too early to tell where we end up ultimately.

There's a whole lot of space between "have at us" and what they said. No one that thinks talk is more important than action has any room to be calling anyone else a "Neville Chamberlain weiner".

Between your anger and use of homoerotic references, I suspect you have some self-loathing issues regarding your preferences.

Iowa board, huh? Interesting....since I'm also apparently a Colorado fan, a Minnesota fan, a Wisconsin fan, and a UCF fan.

There's a whole lot of space between "have at us" and what they said. No one that thinks talk is more important than action has any room to be calling anyone else a "Neville Chamberlain weiner".

Between your anger and use of homoerotic references, I suspect you have some self-loathing issues regarding your preferences.

Iowa board, huh? Interesting....since I'm also apparently a Colorado fan, a Minnesota fan, a Wisconsin fan, and a UCF fan.

You cannot resist getting it wrong. Chum referred to "chum in the water, as in sharks, hence the snorkeling reference. But hey, if it makes you feel like a social justice warrior go for it. As for this sentence, bong water is not for drinking....."No one that thinks talk is more important than action has any room to be calling anyone else a "Neville Chamberlain weiner"."

And by the way, the body of your posts since you've joined have been snidely critical of Frost, Moos and the NU football program, so combined the bolded sentence above, ya, you seem like an I_wa fan.

Reactions: bshirt73
You cannot resist getting it wrong. Chum referred to "chum in the water, as in sharks, hence the snorkeling reference. But hey, if it makes you feel like a social justice warrior go for it. As for this sentence, bong water is not for drinking....."No one that thinks talk is more important than action has any room to be calling anyone else a "Neville Chamberlain weiner"."

And by the way, the body of your posts since you've joined have been snidely critical of Frost, Moos and the NU football program, so combined the bolded sentence above, ya, you seem like an I_wa fan.

You keep responding with more anger, emotion and insults, instead of rational discussion. You must be a liberal.

Nebraska plays and our fan base grows like none other. We aren't the only ones that think this mandate is stupid. Stand up against it and we will be a hero.

Way to avoid what I posted. As for the rest of your latest post, rather hateful of you. (BTW, I am probably to the right of Attila the Hun. Keep swinging, Peebird).
Sorry.....I don't see the purpose in debating snorkeling or bong water comments...and more anger and insults....just like a good liberal.

Have a nice night.

What jflores said.

Just out of curiosity, Sledge....do you have proof that the B1G screwed the pooch, or is this just your two-bit opinion? What info do you have that the medical advisors missed? I Hope you have something besides regurgitating the low COVID fatality rate for college-age kids, because that's not what this is about.
Why would the BIG10 release a schedule, then within a few days cancel the ENTIRE fall sports season likely because of potential cardiac issues? Are BIG 10 athletes more susceptible to this than ACC, BIG12 or SEC athletes? Why would they totally shut the door when they knew damn well other conferences adjacent to them were gonna push forward? How are they gonna handle the spring? Nebraska obviously has a lot of support here. Canceling the season is bad enough but it will be magnified 1000x if this conference is sitting on it's ass watching the others potentially playing almost a full season.

Why would the BIG10 release a schedule, then within a few days cancel the ENTIRE fall sports season likely because of potential cardiac issues? Are BIG 10 athletes more susceptible to this than ACC, BIG12 or SEC athletes? Why would they totally shut the door when they knew damn well other conferences adjacent to them were gonna push forward? How are they gonna handle the spring? Nebraska obviously has a lot of support here. Canceling the season is bad enough but it will be magnified 1000x if this conference is sitting on it's ass watching the others potentially playing almost a full season.

There are reasonable answers to these questions however unsoothing they might be.

1. Schedules mean nothing.
2. No, but you put a slightly green banana in the middle of the room and ask two people if its ok to eat and one will say yes, and one will say no its not ripe yet. That's an uncontroversial question with a very limited data set...adjust expectations thusly for covid.
3. Because our season was supposed to start in 3 weeks and we haven't even started fall camp yet. I'm not even sure if all B1G teams were out of self-imposed quarantine. At best we would delay (which would have been my vote).
4. Spring is just a legal ploy to make NU go "all N" and put its conference affiliation on the line if it wants to try and play elsewhere.

An additional comment. NU has lots of support, its also taking it on the chin in social media. TBD on where we end up.

"Nebraska obviously has a lot of support here."

Whoda thunk that.....people on a fan board running off about their favorite team going rogue, without actually bring privy to anything?

In other news, man accused of murder claims innocence.

University presidents in a conference postponing seasons because of medical advice they received regarding a virus that is new....no doubt along with legal counsel and being told by the folks responsible for their liability coverage that they might not be covered in the event that something goes south, and they get sued (which I why Frost and Harbaugh need to shut their mouths about how well things are going if they do go rogue)....

Yeah...not too much of a stretch that I can see.

I don't like that we're not having football either....but we also aren't going to be the ones held accountable for what happens. From where those men and women sit, this potentially wrong decision is better than the other potentially wrong decision.

While I feel the B1G made a terrible decision, unfortunately the attorneys make the decision in most industries in 2020, even in the south. The SEC or ACC will shut down as well. They may even start the season but the first positive shuts it down quickly. Leaving the B1G on the limited hope you get a chance to play seems to be an awful decision. The P5s could have bubbled like the NBA (but in a regional format) and allowed for online learning for student athletes living in the bubble, but that never occurred to the powers that be.

While I feel the B1G made a terrible decision, unfortunately the attorneys make the decision in most industries in 2020, even in the south. The SEC or ACC will shut down as well. They may even start the season but the first positive shuts it down quickly. Leaving the B1G on the limited hope you get a chance to play seems to be an awful decision. The P5s could have bubbled like the NBA (but in a regional format) and allowed for online learning for student athletes living in the bubble, but that never occurred to the powers that be.

I think the Big 12, SEC and ACC will play. Major League Baseball is still playing and they have had positives. Football has always had liability concerns, that isn't new.

Lots of Presidents and ADs will lose their jobs if they shut this down, particularly down south. The economic situation for schools is terrible and many are going to have greater issues with their state funding and enrollments.

A lot of the confusion right now is just figuring out what schools in Power 5 don't want to play because there are a few but for the most part the schools need the cash and they know it.

Reactions: Nebraska_Reality
The issues with a bubble are 1) the NBA are professional players, 2) the bubble isn't cheap, and I bet it likely cost way more to do college football, whether it is all on one location or at regional sites. Even with just the 3 conferences that are left, that's 40 teams with far more than 12-14 guys on the roster (and they wouldn't restrict the roster sizes to anything below 45 or 50), 3) many of the same people that are talking about a bubble, with athletes doing on-line, are the same people that are demanding in-person K-12 schooling take place, due to on-line not being for everyone, the social isolation, etc. Even if you tell people they can opt out if on-line isn't a good fit, issues #1 and #2 are still huge problems.

I don't think it's a matter of the "powers that be" not considering a bubble....I would bet that they did, and concluded that it wasn't realistic.

Reactions: AndrewVonLintel
I think the Big 12, SEC and ACC will play. Major League Baseball is still playing and they have had positives. Football has always had liability concerns, that isn't new.

Lots of Presidents and ADs will lose their jobs if they shut this down, particularly down south. The economic situation for schools is terrible and many are going to have greater issues with their state funding and enrollments.

A lot of the confusion right now is just figuring out what schools in Power 5 don't want to play because there are a few but for the most part the schools need the cash and they know it.
But those liabilities in football are known. Schools or conferences as a whole can look at how many concussions, broken ankles, torn ACLs, etc. that they get in an average season and can calculate those risks. Aside from a very low death rate, the other potential risks to this are unknown. Maybe they play, and nothing bad happens outside of the normal injuries.....or they play, and half the players have COVID within 3-4 weeks, and 20% of them come down with severe cases of myocarditis. No one knows.

Part of the Pac-12's decision was based on the fact that the length of time it takes for test results to come back in Boulder, Tempe, Los Angeles, and Seattle are all different right now (paraphrasing).

I don't like not having football....and we can yap and be pissed, but here's the bottom line....exactly zero people on this forum will be held personally or financially accountable for what happens this fall. Apparently, the decision makers looked at the information presented (that none of us have seen or will see), and decided that one potentially bad decision was better than the other potentially bad decision.

And, I gotta say it.....maybe if people had been more responsible at the beginning and middle of the summer, we wouldn't be in the position we are now. Per a reliable source, my health district is about to be upgraded to red once a batch of tests come back....largely stemming from 2 now-married bozos that decided that a wedding reception with 500 people and no masks or distancing was a good idea right now. And I'd bet good money that they're bitching right about now about no football.

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT