ADVERTISEMENT

Huskers will have three former ESPN300 Players starting in their secondary..

Cornicator

Nebraska Legend
Gold Member
Feb 27, 2009
Meadville
Some of you may despise ESPN recruiting, but I found this interesting:

Lamar Jackson - CB - #71 player in 2016 Class - Offers from USC, Oregon, Auburn, FL, ND
Marquel Dismuke - S - # 138 in 2016 Class - Offers from Oregon, Auburn, FL
Deontai Williams - S - # 231 Player in 2015 Class - offers from FL, Auburn, Georgia, Bama

Dicaprio Bootle - CB - obviously the outlier - But a very good player

The following former ESPN 300 Players will also have starting spots for the Huskers:

QB - Adrian Martinez
RB - Mo Washington
WR- Wandale Robinson
RT- Matt Farniok
NG- Darrion Daniels

C- Cam Jurgens (Maybe, Maybe Not)

These former ESPN 300 players will likely be 2nd String on the Depth Chart:

SS- Eric Lee - Will back up Williams
RG - John Raridon - Will back up Boe Wilson
FS- Noa Pola Gates - will back up Dismuke - IMO
LT- Bryce Benhart - will back up Brendan Jaimes

Maybe, but I think Anderson is what they want at LT (a Jaimes 2.0) and Turner C with Benhart a RT

No biggie now for this conversation though

Man I hope your wrong there. I know it’s early on and won’t matter later on. But I really hope Benhart is playing one tackle spot and Corcoran playing the other. I’d hope we don’t put both on the same side and have the other playing back up. I’ll give Austin and Frost credit here...in the end Corcoran will play one tackle spot while Benhart is at the other (assuming any of the other 4-5 6 foot 7 plus Olinemen don’t beat them out).

Some of you may despise ESPN recruiting, but I found this interesting:

Lamar Jackson - CB - #71 player in 2016 Class - Offers from USC, Oregon, Auburn, FL, ND
Marquel Dismuke - S - # 138 in 2016 Class - Offers from Oregon, Auburn, FL
Deontai Williams - S - # 231 Player in 2015 Class - offers from FL, Auburn, Georgia, Bama

Dicaprio Bootle - CB - obviously the outlier - But a very good player

The following former ESPN 300 Players will also have starting spots for the Huskers:

QB - Adrian Martinez
RB - Mo Washington
WR- Wandale Robinson
RT- Matt Farniok
NG- Darrion Daniels

C- Cam Jurgens (Maybe, Maybe Not)

These former ESPN 300 players will likely be 2nd String on the Depth Chart:

SS- Eric Lee - Will back up Williams
RG - John Raridon - Will back up Boe Wilson
FS- Noa Pola Gates - will back up Dismuke - IMO
LT- Bryce Benhart - will back up Brendan Jaimes

Like you kind of hinted at - this is just one set of rankings. Rivals, 24/7, and others may rank slightly different. With that said, all these players listed play significant time (granted Jurgens, Washington, and Robinson might be up in the air) and Nebraska goes 6-6, would you lean towards players not living up to the ranking, coaching not developing, or is 6-6 a step in the right direction for the program? For arguments sake, I'm not going to pretend I have any idea with the three guys singled out, so let's just say they all play and Nebraska is off and running to start the season. What would be your thoughts as a fan base?

Like you kind of hinted at - this is just one set of rankings. Rivals, 24/7, and others may rank slightly different. With that said, all these players listed play significant time (granted Jurgens, Washington, and Robinson might be up in the air) and Nebraska goes 6-6, would you lean towards players not living up to the ranking, coaching not developing, or is 6-6 a step in the right direction for the program? For arguments sake, I'm not going to pretend I have any idea with the three guys singled out, so let's just say they all play and Nebraska is off and running to start the season. What would be your thoughts as a fan base?

For the most part, we seen most of them play (outside a few) and they have done well. The guys listed are also 4 star players on both Rivals and 24/7 (Mo Washington wasn’t rated right by Rivals only). So it wasn’t only by ESPN. But your question, if the Huskers went 6-6, would I think bad or down on the players or coaches??? NO, no I wouldn’t blame the players or coaches....it’s still only year two of a rebuild and as much as all of us hope it doesn’t happen...teams are still known to struggle a bit in year 2 of rebuilds as well. But honestly, I don’t see anything under 7-5 and nothing above 9-3...if that tells you anything. With our schedule and all the hard games at home...no way we go below 7-5..and I’d really like to say under 8-4 but since it is only year 2, I’ll say nothing less then 7-5.

Last edited:
Reactions: 10high4thewin
Man I hope your wrong there. I know it’s early on and won’t matter later on. But I really hope Benhart is playing one tackle spot and Corcoran playing the other. I’d hope we don’t put both on the same side and have the other playing back up. I’ll give Austin and Frost credit here...in the end Corcoran will play one tackle spot while Benhart is at the other (assuming any of the other 4-5 6 foot 7 plus Olinemen don’t beat them out).

I said Anderson or Turner C on the left and Benhart on the right

I said Anderson or Turner C on the left and Benhart on the right

Bro...I’m loving this. We might end up having the biggest Oline in the BIG if not country. We have a legit chance of having an oline that goes from 6’9, 6’7, 6’7, 6’7 and then 6’6. And our best one maybe the smallest of the group at 6’6 T Corcoran. Of course that’s assuming a few of those 6’7 linemen change positions...we hear Austin say all the time he will get the best 5 on the field, period.

For the most part, we seen most of them play (outside a few) and they have done well. The guys listed are also 4 star players on both Rivals and 24/7 (Mo Washington wasn’t rated right by Rivals only). So it wasn’t only by ESPN. But your question, if the Huskers went 6-6, would I think bad or down on the players or coaches??? NO, no I wouldn’t blame the players or coaches....it’s still only year two of a rebuild and as much as all of us hope it doesn’t happen...teams are still known to struggle a bit in year 2 of rebuilds as well. But honestly, I don’t see anything under 7-5 and nothing above 9-3...if that tells you anything. With our schedule and all the hard games at home...no way we go below 7-5..and I’d really like to say under 8-4 but since it is only year 2, I’ll say nothing less then 7-5.

With Vegas setting the over/under at 8 I think this is pretty close. Given our schedule I like the over this season.

Reactions: huskerssalts
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT