ADVERTISEMENT

Huskers Travel Roster

KingBlackshirt

Redshirt Freshman
Jan 3, 2007
I saw this on another board.

78 players on the travel roster, 24 of them were walkons. That seems to be a bold point about the lack of skilled depth on the team.

Walkons are great when they complement the roster not when they are 30% of the roster. At least to me that seems high and part of the roster issues Riley is dealing with.

Reactions: StrongArm517
I saw this on another board.

78 players on the travel roster, 24 of them were walkons. That seems to be a bold point about the lack of skilled depth on the team.

Walkons are great when they complement the roster not when they are 30% of the roster. At least to me that seems high and part of the roster issues Riley is dealing with.
Good point, but there are some who will say Nebraska develops walk ons better than anybody else and so this isn't a problem... o_O

I have already seen this argument in another thread...

85 scholarships (I think)...7 true freshman AREN'T redshirting...the other ~15 true freshman are. So by that math, and your numbers above, about 77% of our non-redshirting scholarship players are making the travel team and about 31% of our last week's travel roster is comprised walkon's. That 31% is likely a bit higher than average, altho I will admit that I don't know exactly what that overall average stat precisely is.

Now give credit here too b/c some of these walkon's are darn good football players.

GBR

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT