ADVERTISEMENT

Huskers to Evanston Roll Call

G0B1GRED

Walk On
Dec 3, 2014
Omaha,NE
Heading to Chicago this weekend for the game, and hoping to see Scott Frost's first ever Husker win as a coach in person. Who else will be there?

Also, never been to a game at Northwestern, any suggestions for tailgating spots or places to have a drink before the 11 a.m. kickoff??

#GBR

Reactions: MackDaddy87
I'll be there, I went to a tailgate on a golf course near the stadium two years ago. No bars around campus as I recall. Bring some kielbasa and a Natty Light 77 pack and join a tailgate, probably your best bet. GBR

Heading to Chicago this weekend for the game, and hoping to see Scott Frost's first ever Husker win as a coach in person. Who else will be there?

Also, never been to a game at Northwestern, any suggestions for tailgating spots or places to have a drink before the 11 a.m. kickoff??

#GBR
Four of us heading up on Friday. Not sure where we will tailgate yet. Hoping for sunshine no rain and a Win! GBR

1. Nothing in Evanston opens before 11am. They have a law.
2. We did the Blur Tailgate on the golf course...check out their website I am not sure if they are hosting again or not.

5 of us heading Friday. My first trip to Northwestern for a game. I'm not to sure what we're doing yet for tailgating

Unfortunately, this is the first time in awhile we're in Evanston that I won't be there. :(

No Blur Tailgate this year. So I guess getting drunk at 8am in the hotel and head to the stadium!

#GBR
Four of us traveling.

No Blur Tailgate this year. So I guess getting drunk at 8am in the hotel and head to the stadium!
Yeah, you are sort of out of luck...we went to a bar the morning of the game, in Evanston, there was a guy in bar working and I pulled open the door and he looked at my like I was insane and let me know that NOTHING is allowed to open in Evanston before 11 (maybe noon) on the weekends. I think he meant places that serve booze.

Unfortunately, this is the first time in awhile we're in Evanston that I won't be there. :(
This is my first year not being there for the NW game as well :'(

Looks like a high-school stadium, but have never had any sort of issue with a NW fan, whatsoever. For those making the trip, have fun and yell loud!!!

#GBR
Charter a bus from Rockford, Il every year for the Northwestern game. We have won every game there and expect the same this year. Small stadium which will be populated by Nebraska fans. Good trip

I have made the trip to Lincoln twice, both Cat wins. Your fan base has always treated my crew and I fantastic. While we cannot host all of you and I wished I could. I know how well BigRed travels it’s just not feasible. I would however welcome some of you to our tailgate. My group is mostly comprised of non-alum 50 year olds.

Those of you traveling to Evanston load your coolers the night before.

Safe travels Red.

Reactions: TheBeav815
I have made the trip to Lincoln twice, both Cat wins. Your fan base has always treated my crew and I fantastic. While we cannot host all of you and I wished I could. I know how well BigRed travels it’s just not feasible. I would however welcome some of you to our tailgate. My group is mostly comprised of non-alum 50 year olds.

Those of you traveling to Evanston load your coolers the night before.

Safe travels Red.

First time to Evanston and really looking forward to it. Staying in Schaumburg Friday night and driving in Saturday morning. I like to arrive early to take it all in but not sure where to park. Looks like there is lot parking away from the stadium and shuttles that run back and forth. Is that the best option for out of towners?

Appreciate the help.

First time to Evanston and really looking forward to it. Staying in Schaumburg Friday night and driving in Saturday morning. I like to arrive early to take it all in but not sure where to park. Looks like there is lot parking away from the stadium and shuttles that run back and forth. Is that the best option for out of towners?

Appreciate the help.
There are shuttles from campus and downtown Evanston. There is limited street parking on the Evanston side South if the stadium. However here is a secret lot. If you drive east on Lake St go almost to the end. Turn south on 5th there is a commuter parking lot (Linden Street station) there. Cost about $5 short 4 block walk to the stadium. Note there isn’t any street parking in Wilmette (north of the stadium. Unless you walk from a block north of The Linden Street station.

There are shuttles from campus and downtown Evanston. There is limited street parking on the Evanston side South if the stadium. However here is a secret lot. If you drive east on Lake St go almost to the end. Turn south on 5th there is a commuter parking lot (Linden Street station) there. Cost about $5 short 4 block walk to the stadium. Note there isn’t any street parking in Wilmette (north of the stadium. Unless you walk from a block north of The Linden Street station.
So it looks like you can basically take the L or some variation/combination of it from either O'Hare or Midway to Ryan field. What would be the fare?? And do they basically run 24/7?

So it looks like you can basically take the L or some variation/combination of it from either O'Hare or Midway to Ryan field. What would be the fare?? And do they basically run 24/7?
You could but you would not take the el from ohare to Ryan Field. You’d cab or Uber unless you felt like wasting a lot of time. At least from midway it could make geographic sense to ride the train with transfers, but again, whoa the time spent.

You could but you would not take the el from ohare to Ryan Field. You’d cab or Uber unless you felt like wasting a lot of time. At least from midway it could make geographic sense to ride the train with transfers, but again, whoa the time spent.
Ok. I looked at a cta map and it looked like you could get there using public transportation. I assumed it was train using the blue or orange. Not planning on going to the game. Was just curious for future reference

Technically you could take The El from Ohare to essentially Ryan Field. You would take The Blue Line all the way into downtown Chicago (Loop). Transfer to The Red Line north to the end of the line (Howard). Transfer to The Purple Line get off at Central. The trip would cost a handful of $ and take about 1 1/2-2 Hours. Do a Google search for CTA and there is a website with schedules, fares and maps. Uber would be a better choice.

Reactions: TheBeav815
Technically you could take The El from Ohare to essentially Ryan Field. You would take The Blue Line all the way into downtown Chicago (Loop). Transfer to The Red Line north to the end of the line (Howard). Transfer to The Purple Line get off at Central. The trip would cost a handful of $ and take about 1 1/2-2 Hours. Do a Google search for CTA and there is a website with schedules, fares and maps. Uber would be a better choice.
K .thats what the map looked like I thought

Correct. Cost would be negligible (less than $10 per rider round trip last I knew) but the catch with O'Hare to Evanston on the L is that you'd go way southeast into the city before you transferred to go clear back up north.

Midway to Evanston on the L wouldn't be any worse than driving if traffic was bad...which it often is.

I will be at the game. Four years ago we tailgated in the parking lot of some school but I don't know what there might be on Saturday.

You can find free street parking in the neighborhoods east of the stadium if you don't mind walking 10 mins or so.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT