ADVERTISEMENT

"Huskers" script coming back as secondary logo

scarletred

Nebraska Legend
Jun 17, 2001
Glad to see the blood cursive writing is returning never liked the new logo wasn't very creative and looked exactly like the Mississippi State logo and about 90% of the fan base hated it according to the manager at Best of the Big Red.

Kudos to the athletic department for changing back.

The block 'N' remains the featured logo like the one in the middle of the football field.
I wouldn't mind seeing the block 'N' on the aternative helmet in the future.

You would have never thought it left the way it seems to be the image every single recruit posts on social media when they announce they received an offer from Nebraska.

Never liked the block N or the new Herbie.. Should go back to the original N, Herbie and script Huskers for good.. Stop messing with shit..lol

Reactions: elvis1403
Never liked the block N or the new Herbie.. Should go back to the original N, Herbie and script Huskers for good.. Stop messing with shit..lol

What is the original 'N' that you are referring too?

The block N is what is on most of Nebraska apparel today like what is on the Basketball court and the middle of the football field.

The iron 'N' is what is on the Football helmets and some of the Football Coach's hats.

I will prob get shot for this, but I think the script is very 90's and not in a good way. There is maybe a bit of retro to it, but it just comes off as cheap branding to me. It reminds me of no fear, massimo, stussy apparel. If it were not for our dominant run in there 90's I don't know if people here would like it that much.

Reactions: CC_Lemming
What is the original 'N' that you are referring too?

The block N is what is on most of Nebraska apparel today like what is on the Basketball court and the middle of the football field.

The iron 'N' is what is on the Football helmets and some of the Football Coach's hats.
That's what I was referring too, the iron N that used to be at midfield before they changed it.. I just think it looks better and more classic IMO.

I will prob get shot for this, but I think the script is very 90's and not in a good way. There is maybe a bit of retro to it, but it just comes off as cheap branding to me. It reminds me of no fear, massimo, stussy apparel. If it were not for our dominant run in there 90's I don't know if people here would like it that much.
I agree 100%. Tired of the script. Looks cheap & old.

Im with you. Scrapping the script altogether is fine with me. Any block font is cleaner, and much better on apparel.

I wasn't cool with bringing the script back originally, but then I thought that it has some timeless features to it...similar to Florida's "Gators" script.

Reactions: huskerfan1414
Im with you. Scrapping the script altogether is fine with me. Any block font is cleaner, and much better on apparel.

I like that too... I was going by what we just had that looked exactly like Missi State, I was just preferring the Old one over the one their getting rid of.

ADVERTISEMENT