ADVERTISEMENT

Huskers return home as 7.5 favorite over UCLA

scarletred

Nebraska Legend
Jun 17, 2001
Needless to say this is a must WIN game for Nebraska and Matt Rhule and his staff.

Tough part about losing the bucknuts game was the squandered opportunities we had not to mention the pathetic play calling again by Safferfield..And I’ll leave the terrible officiating on a scoring drive that we were hosed on for another thread.😡

GBR!

Needless to say this is a must WIN game for Nebraska and Matt Rhule and his staff.

Tough part about losing the bucknuts game was the squandered opportunities we had not to mention the pathetic play calling again by Safferfield..And I’ll leave the terrible officiating on a scoring drive that we were hosed on for another thread.😡

GBR!
Ohio State's play calling was so bad that I actually think NU had the advantage in that area yesterday. But the officiating hurt us. And our team just didn't make enough plays to win. Having said that, if our defense keeps that same mojo going we're gonna cover the spread against UCLA. What was Ohio State on third down? At one point it was 1 for 10?

Please run the ball. When they run everything works better. Please run the ball all week and get a couple of plays that complement the run.
And run vertically. PA actually works when we are occasionally busting through seams. No one cares about PA when we run laterally. And leave Haarberg on the bench if you're not going to create a good play for him. Those change-ups just seem to kill momentum.

And run vertically. PA actually works when we are occasionally busting through seams. No one cares about PA when we run laterally. And leave Haarberg on the bench if you're not going to create a good play for him. Those change-ups just seem to kill momentum.
We have a career stone cold loser at OC. He’s built that on killing momentum.

We have a career stone cold loser at OC. He’s built that on killing momentum.
Can you imagine being such a dipshit that for once you are gashing someone vertically, and you decide to bring in the backup qb to once again run laterally for a loss. I sometimes wonder, does he even work for us? Are we positive the teams on our schedule aren't collectively paying him? Is there any other explanation?

Yesterday was a flop for Haarberg, ended up as wasted plays.

Reactions: scarletred
I've got my eye on the Pop Tart bowl. What kind of record is required for that one? Isn't there a Cheese it bowl?
06POP-TART-BOWL-01-vpbh-jumbo.jpg

GBR!
They need to play like their hair is on fire.

What was the deal with the last play of the game, the INT?
Was there communication issues?
A pump and toss to Neyor over the top could have been game

I'm sad to report, I was at the Music City Bowl in Nashville.

Outside of the game, it was fantastic. Nashville is a good time.

The Alamo Bowl in 2005 was better though. Holy shit, that was almost 20 years ago. 😱

It does. I've seen NU -8.5 to -7.5 this afternoon. I'm not a bettor but my guess is we're not favored by much more than home field advantage come Saturday? What is that these days... 2 or 3 points? Whatever. Just win, baby!

You really think the spread will drop by that much? Hard to see why anyone would have that kind of confidence in UCLA on the road.

All is not lost,most would have predicted us to be 6-2 at this point of the season.I see them going 2-2 maybe 3-1 to finish the season.7-5 blah 8-4 OK 9-3 fantastic 6-6 not good 5-7 unacceptable.The O-line needs to improve, obviously.Play calling needs to improve but the defense needs to play like they did against Colorado and Ohio St.I really believe this team will do no worse than 2-2 in these last 4 games and go to a bowl.

All is not lost,most would have predicted us to be 6-2 at this point of the season.I see them going 2-2 maybe 3-1 to finish the season.7-5 blah 8-4 OK 9-3 fantastic 6-6 not good 5-7 unacceptable.The O-line needs to improve, obviously.Play calling needs to improve but the defense needs to play like they did against Colorado and Ohio St.I really believe this team will do no worse than 2-2 in these last 4 games and go to a bowl.
I’ve been saying this for weeks, the team needs to come out with the intensity and focus they had against Colorado. Every game, make it standard.

I just give the point spreads and I don’t post it for gambling purposes..
Even though I wager quite a bit.

Just want to win on Saturday careless bout the spread..

Reactions: SickOfPractice
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT