ADVERTISEMENT

Huskers/Purdue 3rd game

k9_r

Offensive Coordinator
Jul 31, 2010
After three complete, Purdue leads 1-0.

Purdue has five hits to our one hit. Following Nebraska's sole hit, we hit into a DP. What else? Purdue pitcher has just one K and many simple ground outs.

Scoreless 4th. Someone tell me where this Purdue pitching is coming from. We're chopping grounders to the infield and now Darby swings thru for strike three ending the inning and stranding a walked base runner.

It's nothing to do with Purdue pitching. Our hitting is really that bad. People focus so much on our offensive strategy once we get on base. Right now we can't even get on base.

Huskers lead 2-1 after 5. THANK YOU JAKE SCHLEPPENBACH!

His web gem ending Purdue's 5th may have provided a spark. Then he follows with a one out hit and steal. Singles by Placzek and Headley plus a Boldt walk plates two. Alvarado and Miller outs end the inning.

And then of course the pitching falls apart. This team is just absolutely collapsing.

A team disintegrating before our eyes. There are almost not words to describe this.

Yeah, that didn't take long. Purdue blows up the T 6th with four straight hits starting with a solo homer. Then they get more hits, some walks including an RBI walk and more hits.

Burkamper gone early, Chestnut in and out, King in and out, Meyers finishes the inning.

9-2 Purdue. Welp, now we can't even pitch.

Did I mention Purdue leads the B1G in Ks at the plate?

9-2. No, that isn't a mistake. Well, the only mistake is that we ever handed the program over to a guy with no coaching experience.

1, 2, 3 for Purdue T 7th. Not that it matters. 9-2 them.

Our 7th nets another hit. Alvarado then steals 2nd, moves to 3rd on FC and dies there as Blake swings thru for strike three to end the inning. 9-2 Boiler

I turned off the radio after the eight run outburst so I don't know how it went down. Was Alvarado running on a straight steal? If so, why on earth are we playing small ball down seven runs?!?!

At work right now and on a quick break, thought I'd check in to see the score and wish I hadn't. Sick

Purdue 8th sent five batters up, a hit, a walk and three out in no specific order. 9-2 them.

We have two more chances. Bets?

I turned off the radio after the eight run outburst so I don't know how it went down. Was Alvarado running on a straight steal? If so, why on earth are we playing small ball down seven runs?!?!
Pitch in the dirt. Luis got a good read on it.

So Minny loses one and we are in the Big Ten Tourney correct? At this point I'm guessing we need to win the Tourney to get in a regional assuming we get swept or lose 2/3 to Illinois. Not that a regional will do much for this team unfortunately, was just hoping we'd get in for the heck of it.

Two out two run homer for Schreiber. Fly out ends the inning. 9-4 bad guys.

Radio guys are reduced to bragging on Illinois. Can't blame them.

Ben Miller takes the mound and shuts out Purdue T 9th. 9-4

Last chance here. Feels like snowball.... hell....

So Minny loses one and we are in the Big Ten Tourney correct? At this point I'm guessing we need to win the Tourney to get in a regional assuming we get swept or lose 2/3 to Illinois. Not that a regional will do much for this team unfortunately, was just hoping we'd get in for the heck of it.
Yes, we will likely back into the B1G tourney only because it's unlikely Minnesota will sweep Michigan State. But I can't see us going very far. Right now, this looks like a team that just wants it to be over.

Reactions: donahues17
Boldt walks. Two away. Ryan hurt somehow. Foot. Dilday pinch runs.

Miller, RBI single. Two on, two out. 9-5 Jerks.

Another walk, 1st and 2nd. Tieing run at the plate.

Easy out. Ground to 1st. Hopes and dreams dashed. They win 9-6.

Wow, didn't see this coming, pitching has been great all year and they let the frustration of the bad offense get to them. King is also not a bullpen guy and should be a starter only. Oh well, I guess we can hope and pray for a great showing in Illinois? o_O

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT