ADVERTISEMENT

Huskers open up 8 point favorites against NW

We can still make a bowl game. But we have to start winning these close games. I think we beat Northwestern. If we can beat Michigan at home we might just salvage something. We have the defense to do it. We need the offensive line to gel. Will it? I have serious doubts but the potential is there. EVERYTHING depends on the psychology of the team right now.

Nebraska probably is the better team but NW has a much better coach and they don't shoot themselves in the head 6 times a game.

Rooting for my Huskers but I would be surprised if we won.

I am thinking this week it will be a hike over the holders head when we are lined up for a 27 yard field goal with .02 seconds left and we are down 1.

NU is obviously the better team.

Three big questions going into this game:

How will the team respond after giving the MSU game away?

Has Cerni learned his left from right?

Has Culp cured his case of the yips?
Are they? I don't know, I'd like to see us start beating teams before proclaiming we're better.

Reactions: The_Glove_Man
Are they? I don't know, I'd like to see us start beating teams before proclaiming we're better.
Bette teams don’t always win.

Here are some stats to wrap your monkey brains around:

Passing Yards
Nu - 255
MSU - 183

Rushing yards
NU - 187
MSU - 71

Nebraska ST is easily fixable. That’s why we lost.. small mistakes we can fix. Everyone needs to back off the ledge. Nebraska wins next week going away and wins two more afterwards.

Then next year we take a bigger step forward. Did no one else get excited watching Logan and Frost gel with the playbook. Next three years will be a ton of fun. Everyone needs to relax… things will be all good again soon.

Reactions: Thortulz
We can still make a bowl game. But we have to start winning these close games. I think we beat Northwestern. If we can beat Michigan at home we might just salvage something. We have the defense to do it. We need the offensive line to gel. Will it? I have serious doubts but the potential is there. EVERYTHING depends on the psychology of the team right now.
What has happened with Benhart? He looks lost.

Passing Yards
Nu - 255
MSU - 183

Rushing yards
NU - 187
MSU - 71

Nebraska ST is easily fixable. That’s why we lost.. small mistakes we can fix. Everyone needs to back off the ledge. Nebraska wins next week going away and wins two more afterwards.

Then next year we take a bigger step forward. Did no one else get excited watching Logan and Frost gel with the playbook. Next three years will be a ton of fun. Everyone needs to relax… things will be all good again soon.

Delusion at its finest.

Special teams is “easily fixable” yet we have a HC who refuses to fix it or doesn’t know how. When you are going on year 4 of special team errors left and right and once again being one of the more undisciplined teams in football…it’s not getting fixed any time soon. Fire Frost.

Delusion at its finest.

Special teams is “easily fixable” yet we have a HC who refuses to fix it or doesn’t know how. When you are going on year 4 of special team errors left and right and once again being one of the more undisciplined teams in football…it’s not getting fixed any time soon. Fire Frost.

Give him a chance to fix it .. it must suck to be as miserable as you. My apologies to your wife.

Doesn't matter if Nebraska is the better team or more talented or whatever you want to argue. How many dumbass mistakes are going to happen, again? How many turnovers? What will the special teams do this to **** up and give the game to Northwestern? Is the OL going to look like high school freshman OL again?

If this were a sound football team it would be a 20 point spread in favor of Nebraska, not 8 when it opened.

Nebraska could win by 21 or lose by 10.

Reactions: Rick.Shaw
Someone will throw a banana peel on the field ... same result.

OpulentCalmAfricanclawedfrog-max-1mb.gif

I cannot understand the love for Wisconsin. I think Nebraska rolls.

Wisky line is down to 1 or even a pick 'em early.

It is Michigan and Harbaugh that they are playing, so there isn't much love for either team and the O/U is 43.5.

Wisky is a tough place to play for anybody. I'd lean towards Meatchicken getting it done though. Wisky had Notre Dame beat and lost by nearly 30.

Passing Yards
Nu - 255
MSU - 183

Rushing yards
NU - 187
MSU - 71

It does not seem like our ST issues are easily fixable, as they’ve gone on for years now. We need to make steps to fix them now. We are pissing away what could have been a good season with a talented group of kids.

Reactions: beaglehusker
Using Transitive properties in college football are for the weak-minded.
Come on, you're smarter than that.

Someone said losing to a 2-2 team who has won something recently means the season is lost.

So what does it mean when you lose to a 1-4 team who has been in the toilet longer ? Why would that loss mean less? It's okay, everyone is really angry right now and for good reason.

It does not seem like our ST issues are easily fixable, as they’ve gone on for years now. We need to make steps to fix them now. We are pissing away what could have been a good season with a talented group of kids.

Learning your left vs right is very fixable

Come on, you're smarter than that.

Someone said losing to a 2-2 team who has won something recently means the season is lost.

So what does it mean when you lose to a 1-4 team who has been in the toilet longer ? Why would that loss mean less? It's okay, everyone is really angry right now and for good reason.
I believe I may be the someone you are referring to. The reason that ALL is lost is not because it’s NW, but because if you can’t beat NW there is zero chance to get to six wins.

Learning your left vs right is very fixable

I remember many moons ago when I was helping coach a HS team. We had a lineman that kept stepping with the wrong foot. After several reps of this the OL coach was on him pretty good and the kid says he doesn’t know which foot is his right. The OL coach then stomps on his right foot and says “It’s the one that hurts”. Seemed to correct the issue for that kid.

Mathematically bowl hopes are not gone with a loss to NW, but remember this...November schedule has Iowa, Wisconsin and Ohio State. Those are all losses.

That makes the record 2-6. Thus, one loss to NW, or Purdue, or MI or MN "locks" in a 4th straight losing season.

Passing Yards
Nu - 255
MSU - 183

Rushing yards
NU - 187
MSU - 71

Stats are for losers. I liked seeing Smothers

I remember many moons ago when I was helping coach a HS team. We had a lineman that kept stepping with the wrong foot. After several reps of this the OL coach was on him pretty good and the kid says he doesn’t know which foot is his right. The OL coach then stomps on his right foot and says “It’s the one that hurts”. Seemed to correct the issue for that kid.

that’s what I’m talking about… fixable

• Haha
Reactions: headcard
ADVERTISEMENT