ADVERTISEMENT

Huskers offer Teammate of Davis twins...

HBK4life

Nebraska Legend
Jan 24, 2004
North of Lincoln South of Heaven
Daniel Parker
Strongside defensive end
STARS
Blue Springs
Blue Springs, MO
RR:
Ht: 6'3"
Wt: 250 lbs
Class: 2018
Parker made his case in front of a couple of old high school teammates, too. He was a freshman at Blue Springs (Missouri) High School when Husker defensive tackles Carlos and Khalil Davis were seniors.

He looked up to them as role models. His Twitter background is a picture of him standing between each twin throwing the bones.

"They're pretty good people," Parker said. "I like them a lot. They're fun guys to be around. … We talked a little bit (Monday) and had a few laughs going on."

Parker was all business when it was needed, though. The well of talent did not just dry up at Blue Springs when the Davis twins left. Measuring in at 6-foot-2½ and 268 pounds, Parker's quick bursts and enthusiastic approach in the 90-degree heat were followed with a close watchful eye by defensive line coach John Parrella.

"He's a great coach. He's probably one of the best I've seen before," Parker said. "He's played the game in the NFL for some time. He knows what he's talking about."

[QUOTE="

"He's a great coach. He's probably one of the best I've seen before," Parker said. "He's played the game in the NFL for some time. He knows what he's talking about."[/QUOTE]

Great to see how the recruits seem to really like Parella and recognize his ability to coach them!

It was great to see this come about. I hope he fully realizes the opportunity he has here. The fun thing is seeing how wide and fit the twins are. I am guessing they were about the same mass width as Daniel their senior year; we will develop you Daniel - at all levels. GBR

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT