ADVERTISEMENT

Huskers O/U set at 6.5 wins

I think the difference between bettin the over on Nebraska at 6.5 and the over on Purdue at 5, is their head to head match-up in Lincoln.

gross (I agree with you)

PojiG6.gif

Can't say I disagree with that based on the previous 2-5 years. However I do think this is the year we make some strides and "break out"
I know many have this hope of a 7-0 start. While that is possible I don't think it is realistic. SD St ,Central Mich, Rutgers are the only 3 I would say with confidence that we should get the win. SD St is always a scrapper no matter who they play. Realistically I think we go 5-2 at worst 4-3 those 1st 7.
Based on last year the last 5 seems like a murders row. However, I don't think it will be as bad as it looks. IMO MN had a fluke year. Used the momentum of a few close wins to carry them last year. Plus they lose a ton of talent. Based on how they are starting in many preseason rankings, many "experts" on jumping on the MN hype train just yet.
Iowa is Iowa they will be solid but nothing top notch. Hell it took 2 years in a row to beat us by last second field goals. It wont take much improvement to beat them.
Wisc is no doubt going to be the team to beat in the West. Im not sure we are there just yet, but I think we make it very close. Ohio St and Penn St are the only 2 teams of the last 5 that I don't think we can win. I think we go 3-2 those last 5 at worst 2-3. So for final record wise I think 6-6 at worst and at best 8-4. Who knows though especially with no practice this spring.

Can't say I disagree with that based on the previous 2-5 years. However I do think this is the year we make some strides and "break out"
I know many have this hope of a 7-0 start. While that is possible I don't think it is realistic. SD St ,Central Mich, Rutgers are the only 3 I would say with confidence that we should get the win. SD St is always a scrapper no matter who they play. Realistically I think we go 5-2 at worst 4-3 those 1st 7.
Based on last year the last 5 seems like a murders row. However, I don't think it will be as bad as it looks. IMO MN had a fluke year. Used the momentum of a few close wins to carry them last year. Plus they lose a ton of talent. Based on how they are starting in many preseason rankings, many "experts" on jumping on the MN hype train just yet.
Iowa is Iowa they will be solid but nothing top notch. Hell it took 2 years in a row to beat us by last second field goals. It wont take much improvement to beat them.
Wisc is no doubt going to be the team to beat in the West. Im not sure we are there just yet, but I think we make it very close. Ohio St and Penn St are the only 2 teams of the last 5 that I don't think we can win. I think we go 3-2 those last 5 at worst 2-3. So for final record wise I think 6-6 at worst and at best 8-4. Who knows though especially with no practice this spring.

If Nebraska is 4-3 after those first 7 games, they will finish 4-8 or 5-7 tops.

Probably right, although teams can morph and change as the year goes. Could struggle to find their rhythm towards the start. Then come on strong in the back half.

At this point, we aren't jack shit until we prove otherwise.
I can understand this thought process. However, that can be said for every single team at the start of the year. Every team is different from the previous years. Players come in and out. Coaches adjust and adapt. Because a team had a good year last year doesn't mean that will have another great year this year. Same with bad.
Every team starts 0-0 in Aug. They all have to prove themselves.

Reactions: John_J_Rambo
2, but that difference isn't going to change anything. The S&C of every team is going to be vastly different because of this GD virus.
No. That was more just to give the guys to learn the new defense and the oline more time to figure it out after last year. Kind of sucks because Purdue was finally starting to look like a big ten team, granted, they were all underclassman, but still. Then Covid19 + purdues strength coach left to be the head guy at the LA Rams. I think his 4 assistants are running the show as of now.

I say 5-7 win this year realistically all thing considered so I can’t find too much fault in a O/U of 6.5

Last edited:
My how low the expectations have become. I just can't continue to listen to anymore excuses. If we don't win 8 games this year, assuming a full season, it will be very disappointing.
Seven wins would not be disappointing to me. I would look at it as major progress. But I think 6 wins is a more realistic expectation.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT