ADVERTISEMENT

Huskers just got better

Apparently the gentleman's agreement that we won't recruit Oklahoma and they won't recruit Nebraska is no longer on the table.
What gentleman's agreement?
Last year, both teams offered, and had official visits with, Jalin Barnett and DaiShon Neal.
Barnett visited OU in early November, before the coaching change.

Last edited:
Should probably redshirt but Nebraska could use him on obvious passing situations next year. Extremely explosive has the strength now.

Hope not, we lose Bando and MRI after next season, need to get feet wet on a few this 2016 season. If that means primarily special teams with some defensive action here and there, so be it.

Looks to me as either a MIKE or an edge guy pending down & distance.

And yes, OU cut him loose, couldn't give 2 shits less either. Welcome aboard Jefferson!

Barnett wasn't targeted by Nebraska until after the coaching change.

mrs-doubtfire-no-way.jpg

Laughing

Hope not, we lose Bando and MRI after next season, need to get feet wet on a few this 2016 season. If that means primarily special teams with some defensive action here and there, so be it.

And yes, OU cut him loose, couldn't give 2 shits less either. Welcome aboard Jefferson!

I would think that MRI would have 2 years left ...Wouldnt he be a the perfect example for a medical hardship for missing the entire year

I would think that MRI would have 2 years left ...Wouldnt he be a the perfect example for a medical hardship for missing the entire year

2012 redshirt
2013 played
2014 injured in fall camp, missed entire season
2015 played
2016 played

Don't see how he can get a sixth year, he's only missed 1 season due to injury.

Team rankings should jump a lot when we ad Lamar Jackson and Fitzpatrick, and if we can sneak in J Williams, it would help that much more.

We're out of it with Williams. Down to Farniok, Jackson and Newman for OT's unless another name pops up this week.

Is that 40 time of 4.56 listed on Rivals electronic and accurate? That's amazingly quick for a guy that size if it is.

We are on the same page on Jefferson. I was talking about the redshirt as it was asked about being a DE. In the situation he is coming into he will not RS. He will play alot of special teams and passing downs too I would expect.

I think the kid would be a fantastic OLB in a 3-4. Kid has a serious motor and has a great ability to get skinny and shoot gaps. He will play next fall.

Reactions: dinglefritz
2012 redshirt
2013 played
2014 injured in fall camp, missed entire season
2015 played
2016 played

Don't see how he can get a sixth year, he's only missed 1 season due to injury.
I guess I dont understand how the medical hardship works .. I always thought that you were eligible for one if you missed an entire season and had no redshirt available

I guess I dont understand how the medical hardship works .. I always thought that you were eligible for one if you missed an entire season and had no redshirt available
I think you had to have missed all or most of two seasons in order to get a hardship.

I think you had to have missed all or most of two seasons in order to get a hardship.
I think so too... Does a redshirt year count in that? If so it sounds like he might be eligible for a medical... But I really don't know how it works.

I think so too... Does a redshirt year count in that? If so it sounds like he might be eligible for a medical... But I really don't know how it works.

To get a medical hardship, it looks like you can get one if you only missed one year for medical reasons.

BUT, it still has to fall within the 5 years of eligibility.

If you're looking for a medical hardship in a situation where you've already lost a year to a typical redshirt, then you need to show that you've lost two years to injury...to get that 6th year added on.

So MRI would fall into the 2nd category. Someone who played as a True Freshman could apply if they only lost one year, as long as they met the normal requirements of not having played too much during the injury year.

At least according to what I found.

Reactions: timnsun

5 years to compete in 4 seasons. To get a 6th year of eligibility, the player will have to lose 2 full seasons to incapacitating injury. MRI doesn't fall in that category heading in to the 2016 season.

Kevin Williams did, applied for a 6th year and was granted one.

Reactions: timnsun
Weird, Oklahoma just received a commitment from a 2* JUCO LB'er. Maybe it was Jefferson who parted ways with Oklahima, and not the other way around.
Just 2 stars? Yeah, but who were his other offers from? As long as he has SEC offers then the 2 star is probably low... ;)

Pretty sure he will be a Husker, just not this weekend. I know he wants to go home and think things out before he commits.

Well, I was wrong. Huskers must be putting on a good show. I know his plan was to not rush into a decision, but he must have been wowed by the visit.

Thought Newman is committed to Mizzou or is he planning on visiting this coming week?

Newman OV to Nebraska in Dec

Tommy Doyle out of MN COULD be a late offer...not saying he will be offered but staff has been in contact and took an unofficial to Lincoln during season

Check out @joshtweeterson's Tweet:

Anyone catch this and have any details?
It was already planned. I'm sure Riley said take that visit to show him its night and day between the 2 programs. If you wanna play in front of 30 thousand fans a week instead of being a blackshirt in front of 90 k then go for it!! Case closed.

Reactions: leodisflowers
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT