ADVERTISEMENT

Huskers - Indy hoops

Agree. Briedenbach is taking minutes away from Andre. Not sure why, unless they can run more sets with him to get shots for the other guys. He certainly hasn’t earned the minutes he has played. And it is beginning to irritate me how Briedenbach always raises his hands and complains about every call.
If he's going to shoot under 10% from 3, Briedenbach needs to sit. I think Fred is trying to let him shoot his way out of his slump but that's tough to do against quality opponents.

Reactions: scarletred
When's the last time Nebrasketball had a really good consistent 3-point shooter? Paul Velander? Cary Cochran?

It seems like every year we bring in recruits that are hyped as great outside shooters, yet they come in here and throw up brick after brick.

When's the last time Nebrasketball had a really good consistent 3-point shooter? Paul Velander? Cary Cochran?

It seems like every year we bring in recruits that are hyped as great outside shooters, yet they come in here and throw up brick after brick.
I tapped out early in the 2nd half. I just can't take all this losing. I can't even have a rational thought about it anymore.

Gallegos, Andrew White?

Yes, Andrew White was a good outside shooter, but was only here one year. Gallegos was a career 30% three-point shooter, he was a high-volume shooter but didn't make a high percentage.

I kinda feel like part of the issue is that most teams have 2-3 "shooters". Everyone on our team minus a couple think they are shooters and have the green light from anywhere.

Reactions: scarletred
I kinda feel like part of the issue is that most teams have 2-3 "shooters". Everyone on our team minus a couple think they are shooters and have the green light from anywhere.
Yea that is one of the problems with this team too many prima donnas wanting to shoot..

I'm not going to write off their ability to make 3s just yet. We've had a rough stretch shooting the ball these past few games but we've got some guys who have demonstrated good perimeter shooting in the past.

Yea that is one of the problems with this team too many prima donnas wanting to shoot..
Biggest problem IMO is our point guard over dribbling which causes guys to stand around and watch trying to stay out of his way. He destroys any flow. I would bench him and start Webster.

Biggest problem IMO is our point guard over dribbling which causes guys to stand around and watch trying to stay out of his way. He destroys any flow. I would bench him and start Webster.

Webster has his flaws, one of which is being a true distributor. He can get hot shooting the 3 but hasn’t really displayed a true PG ability to feed others. He is good in certain spots but not being a starter and playing most PG minutes. With Trey Mc out, i am afraid we live and die with Verge.

Verge is the only one capable of creating anything. We have no choice.
The point guard doesn't have to create anything. Your offensive movement should create open looks if you do it right. The problem with Verge is his "creating" is at the expense of any offensive flow. Guys just try to get out of his way. IF he would penetrate and dish more instead of throwing up bad shots it would be one thing.

Reactions: mgbreis
The point guard doesn't have to create anything. Your offensive movement should create open looks if you do it right. The problem with Verge is his "creating" is at the expense of any offensive flow. Guys just try to get out of his way. IF he would penetrate and dish more instead of throwing up bad shots it would be one thing.

We get very little from our offensive movement.

We get very little from our offensive movement.
Because we don't move. Guys stand around watching Verge instead of moving without the ball. No jab steps as if you're going to go back door. Nothing. Stand around and watch Verge dribble. Some way some how we have to be able to swing the ball from side to side to make the defense move their feet. At times in the past Fred has run back cuts and screens but Verge has just turned it in to playground ball. I wasn't a fan of Miles's offense either but regardless it still comes down to hitting shots. IF we were hitting at even a 30% clip from 3, things would be a lot different.

I'm not interested in blaming verge for Fred's offense

I'm not interested in blaming verge for Fred's offense
I agree Verge is good, definitely one of our most talented scorers. BUT, he just gets in stretches where he constantly forces really contested shots off of drives. I don't know why he doesn't get to the line more but I do know that's not Fred's offense.

I agree Verge is good, definitely one of our most talented scorers. BUT, he just gets in stretches where he constantly forces really contested shots off of drives. I don't know why he doesn't get to the line more but I do know that's not Fred's offense.
When Verge's transfer was announced, I said I had mixed feeling about it because he's a talented player but often falls into some awful funks. I was hoping he could shed some of that once he escaped from the absolute shit show that is Arizona State basketball, but it hasn't really happened.

But I'll bet he's still happy to get away from a dogcrap team that managed score 29 points in its last game.

Reactions: mgbreis
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT