ADVERTISEMENT

Huskers in the Draft

I think Mike, Bo, and Frost all deserve some blame for this. Some maybe more than others but all 3 played a part in this failure

How the hell do you blame Bo?? He the only reason why we didnt get blanked in the draft again. The Davis brothers were his recruits and he got them to commit pretty early and luckily for us they stayed around thru 2 coaching changes and didn't transfer.

The problem at Nebraska the last 5 years is more player development, scheming, brain overload and lack of basic fundamentals more than talent. You can't have that many damn 4 star recruits come thru and flame the tf out. The recruiting services aren't that damn bad!

You can't play Big 12, Pac-10 or AAC football in the Big 10!!

Reactions: RPWinni0
Right. How could anyone regret playing for a weirdo (until he leaves), in front 40K, on a frozen tundra.

But at least he will be able to look back someday and think “remember when they had that one decent season, before I got there.”
How those sour grapes tasting? What you saw last year was the Gopher program just scratching the surface of what they’ll become. It will only get better. Sorry, can’t say the same for your sorry program right now.

How those sour grapes tasting? What you saw last year was the Gopher program just scratching the surface of what they’ll become. It will only get better. Sorry, can’t say the same for your sorry program right now.
Maybe because you just want to make outrageous statements about Minnesota.

Last edited:
How the hell do you blame Bo?? He the only reason why we didnt get blanked in the draft again. The Davis brothers were his recruits and he got them to commit pretty early and luckily for us they stayed around thru 2 coaching changes and didn't transfer.

The problem at Nebraska the last 5 years is more player development, scheming, brain overload and lack of basic fundamentals more than talent. You can't have that many damn 4 star recruits come thru and flame the tf out. The recruiting services aren't that damn bad!

Yeah cause Ohio St just lines up in the I and pounds the rock all game long. This Big 10 ball stuff is such BS. Its ALL about talent.

No chance he’ll regret it.

tenor.gif

Dude, you really need help.

Riley was the definition of all hat and no cattle if there ever was one when it came to recruiting, but Frost has had two years to develop somebody and hasn't. But back to Riley, nice guy but man he sucked ass...and I will admit I loved the hire initially and openly made fun of people who didn't get it...
It wasn't only poor recruiting. The players were often (quite honestly) wimps. They either lacked desire and never developed as players or left at the first sign of adversity. I think Riley softened the team to a degree that remains hard for Frost to change. Pelini was a lackluster recruiter but he did have players that were hardnosed and tough (Rex Burkhead is the prime example). The toughness was gone in the Riley years. Not only do the SEC powers recruit well, those guys work hard in the weight room and it shows on the field. It's frustrating to see a guy like Raridon just not have the desire and eventually quit (don't give me the whole academics vs athletics because past players have gotten degrees in challenging fields for years and still were productive players). And there were a bunch of others that transferred as soon as they were pushed to do anything. If Frost had been hired the day after Pelini had been fired things would be very different now.

gonna go out on a limb and say last year was a flash in the pan for the program when looking at what they'll become

Hilarious. You are still just Minnesota. Probably why you feel the need to spend your time obsessing over Nebraska on our message board. But congrats on finishing 3rd in the West, huge accomplishment for a team that plays in a high school stadium.

How do I blame Bo for the last couple years of lack of success in the draft? Look at the 2014 recruiting class. This wasn’t just a “this year problem”

shocked nobody's mentioned Lamar's clear unwillingness to tackle

guy was a regular matador out there 99% of the time
To be fair most of his whiffs in tackling were when he was playing with a bum shoulder. Tackling problems whether injury related or not do doubt hurt his status. The combine 40 time shocked me. That was a killer for a corner. It's the one position where you actually have to be able to run 40 yards in a straight line with a WR. I don't know if he just didn't train well for the 40 or what. I thought he looked pretty darned fast in pads. :confused:

Reactions: John_J_Rambo
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT