ADVERTISEMENT

Huskers in the Draft

As of pick 238, Todd McShay has 2 P5 corners in his 10 best available players and LJack isn't one of them.

And a corner not named Lamar Jackson was taken at 239 who wasn't on the list either.

Don't mind his attitude. You need an edge in this sport. The problem was that was all he had along with his measurables.
He never really turned it around until he got replaced his junior year by a longtime role player. He played some the second half of that game and was starting the next, but he got the point. That was a wakeup call to him I believe.

Reactions: headcard
Unless your a freak athlete at 6’2 (which Lamar is not) cornerback is a small mans game in NFL. Avg height 5’11. I think there’s only been 3 CBs 6’2 or over that have been all pro in last 15yrs.

Reactions: SeaOfRed75
He never really turned it around until he got replaced his junior year by a longtime role player. He played some the second half of that game and was starting the next, but he got the point. That was a wakeup call to him I believe.

Lack of redshirt year really hurt him. He could still turn it around but it will be real hard. Just never showed any DB instinct. Never really showed that he was a real football player for that matter.

That’s another reason it’s too bad he hasn’t been drafted. Would have been a good guy for Coach Fish to point to and say “see what happens when you stick with it”.

shocked nobody's mentioned Lamar's clear unwillingness to tackle

guy was a regular matador out there 99% of the time

He ran a 4.9 40. Slower than both the 300 LB Davis twins. That's not NFL worthy.

and I think you give him credit, didn’t he run a 5.0 to 5.1 40? I know it surprised the hell out of me, that’s for sure. Alex Davis was faster then him I remember that much. I wonder if we had him pack on weight to hit 260-265 range and played him as an OLB that plays on the line of that would have helped any?

Tried to follow along best I could and have the same total for the B10... Here are my tallies...

OSU 10 total with 4 in the 1st 2 rounds
Mich 10 total with 2 in the 1st 2 rounds
Iowa 5 total with 2 in the 1st 2 rounds
Minny 5 Total with 1 in the 1st 2 rounds
PSU and Wisky both had 4 total with 1 in the 1st 2 rounds
Purdue 3 total with 1 in the 1st 2 rounds
Maryland, MSU, Nebraska 2 total
Indiana 1 total

And if someone would please, keep us updated on the free agent deals? I’d love here where Darrion Daniels and Lamar Jackson end up at. Hopefully Mo gets a shot too.

He ran a 4.9 40. Slower than both the 300 LB Davis twins. That's not NFL worthy.
I liked his attitude and and his drive to get after it, but he consistently found his way OUT of plays. He seemed to go backwards last year. I remember one play late in the season where one of the Davis twins blew his guy up and created a giant gap for Mo to fly through. Mo amazingly put on the brakes and ran to the right in the pile of humanity where no ball was at. Somebody else got the sack after making their way to that gap. I wish I remembered it better, but Mo was just lost on that play for no reason it seemed.

I liked his attitude and and his drive to get after it, but he consistently found his way OUT of plays. He seemed to go backwards last year. I remember one play late in the season where one of the Davis twins blew his guy up and created a giant gap for Mo to fly through. Mo amazingly put on the brakes and ran to the right in the pile of humanity where no ball was at. Somebody else got the sack after making their way to that gap. I wish I remembered it better, but Mo was just lost on that play for no reason it seemed.

he definitely looked a lot different this past season compared to the season before. I thought he did good his junior year.

Silver lining is that the UDFA players may have multiple options. You look at a guy like Jake Fromm going to Buffalo behind Josh Allen, seems like a terrible situation for him...I'd venture to say he'd sign several other places before Buffalo and the difference in pay after the second day between being drafted and signing as an UDFA isn't mind blowing.

No chance he’ll regret it.
Right. How could anyone regret playing for a weirdo (until he leaves), in front 40K, on a frozen tundra.

But at least he will be able to look back someday and think “remember when they had that one decent season, before I got there.”

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT