ADVERTISEMENT

Huskers in Texas

Thanks Jeans. We were fortunate. 40 inches of rain and didn't lose power at all other than a couple of surges. No flood damage which I find impossible considering the streets in my subdivision had knee high water flowing like a river. Guess we built with high enough elevation. Still trapped inside the subdivision because the retention lakes at the entrances have over flowed and blocked the subdivision. It should start draining pretty soon but that will just start the river flooding.

Reactions: jeans15
Thanks Jeans. We were fortunate. 40 inches of rain and didn't lose power at all other than a couple of surges. No flood damage which I find impossible considering the streets in my subdivision had knee high water flowing like a river. Guess we built with high enough elevation. Still trapped inside the subdivision because the retention lakes at the entrances have over flowed and blocked the subdivision. It should start draining pretty soon but that will just start the river flooding.

I'm here in the DFW area watching. My cousins and his family where rescued by the Coast Guard in a helicopter.

We up here in North Texas are praying for you and welcome you if it gets necessary.

Not Texas but Southwestern Louisiana is getting it right now. Just canceled our university for the 2 straight day. Thinking of everyone along the Texas coast. And in the path of Harvey!

Reactions: jeans15
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT