ADVERTISEMENT

Huskers end the season five spots higher than Iowa!

Toms Wife

Sophomore
Jan 7, 2017
NU - 28th
Iowa - 33rd
...in the final AP poll. Maybe, unlike the Hawkeye homers think, Iowa isn't all that.

Last edited:
Reactions: Pennsyhusker
This is a mild surprise to me, but I guess we did finish with the better record and the better Bowl showing... But I still don't feel like bragging too much about this one.

Thanks for sharing this though. It is good to see that we have improved over last year, no matter how the year ended.

I figure they would. Even with missing a bunch of starters they gave Tennessee a decent game. Iowa hung in for 2.5 quarters and then melted down. Nebraska had the better season.

Reactions: dinglefritz
More like we are both middle of the pack, average, BIG teams, and nobody puts any thought into rankings outside of the top 15. Good chance 50% of voters didn't even know Iowa spanked us the last week of the season, they just knew we had a better record.

Reactions: B1G RED RULES
More like we are both middle of the pack, average, BIG teams, and nobody puts any thought into rankings outside of the top 15. Good chance 50% of voters didn't even know Iowa spanked us the last week of the season, they just knew we had a better record.

this is probably accurate .. no one is going to waste an extra second festering over where outside the top 20 to slot 2 irrelevant teams

Reactions: B1G RED RULES
NU - 28th
Iowa - 33rd
...in the final AP poll. Maybe, unlike the Hawkeye homers think, Iowa isn't all that.

tenor.gif

Reactions: Bill_Callahan2.0
So, we were ranked about where our average recruiting rankings have ended the last 4 - 5 years. How can that be? (Insert Sarcasm emoticon here)

The difference between Iowa and Nebraska is Iowa is happy where they ended up.

So, we were ranked about where our average recruiting rankings have ended the last 4 - 5 years. How can that be? (Insert Sarcasm emoticon here)

The difference between Iowa and Nebraska is Iowa is happy where they ended up.
That narrative never gets old. Must be why Iowa got rid of three offensive coaches after being ranked 120th in the country offensively. Just one year after going 12-2. ;)

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT