ADVERTISEMENT

Huskers-Badgers BB

schuele

Nebraska Football Hall of Fame
Apr 17, 2005
Decent start. Hope the team borrowed some cups from the baseball squad, to protect themselves from Nutpuncher Davison.

Man this team sucks bad! I understand being at a disadvantage on defense with our size, but should we be 315th/350 in the nation??

Reactions: HuskAir
Nebraska finished 15-of-31 on shots within two feet of the basket.
Wisconsin finished 15-of-31 on 3-point shots.
Wisconsin has shot 32 percent from deep 177-of-552 against everybody else in the world.
Wisconsin has shot 51 percent from deep 33-of-65 against us.

Beat MSU!

Brad Davison, a 29 percent shooter from deep on the season, hit 73 percent today on 8-of-11.

Plus, we don't have many Big Ten-level players, so there's that, too.

This team does not play hard. We're finding out why a lot of these guys were available. I'm not sure why a couple more returners were not allowed to stay. A few of these new guys probably won't be around after a year anyway.

This team does not play hard. We're finding out why a lot of these guys were available. I'm not sure why a couple more returners were not allowed to stay. A few of these new guys probably won't be around after a year anyway.
yes, taking a top 10 team to the wire in their own barn after trailing by 15+ is a sure sign of a roster full of quitters.

this team isn't good, but they do play hard. there's a difference.

cam mack is all that matters going forward. thor should continue being a nice piece. drago should keep developing.

where did all the guys from last year go? lighting up their respective new leagues, I'm sure................................

Ur 100% wrong this team is inconsistent but to say they don’t play hard is just unintelligent and uninformed. They played Maryland incredibly hard last outing, played Rutgers tough on the road, defeated Iowa and Purdue on road. This team lacks size, talent, and time playing with each other. The French post yuedrago is 17 playing against the best group of big ten bigs in years, cam Mack is a solid point guard, thor is solid, Cheatham is solid, cross has potential but is a freshman and game is immature. Give them a break. Effort not problem, talent and continuity is problem. If u want to ride with brady heinman and karrington Davis go for it

I know why our defense is ranked low. We're busy packing the lane to rebound and defend our lack of height. You can't defend the 3-point line and pack it in the lane at the same time. But 315th in defense?

I guess I wonder why Fred and his staff couldn't find more sizeable talent in the open market. They knew they were going to be woefully deficient down low. So we are now defending the low post with true freshmen, and packing in the lane.

I know we'll be better next year. It just sucks that we essentially have to say "we surrender" for an entire season.

Think about it this way — we're playing up to 10 guys a game, only one of whom will be a starter next year, and maybe only a couple more who will be in the primary rotation. Our starting "center" is a freshman with loads of potential on the wing (not inside), and his backup is a 17-year-old Frenchman (Frenchboy?) who was a soccer player until a couple of years ago.

We have 21- and 22-year-old players who are 6-8, 6-8 and 6-6 sitting on the bench, and another former Gatorade Nebraska player of the coming in from JUCO after a year at West Virginia. The other three players have transferred in from Pitt, Tennessee and Western Kentucky.

Not gonna win a lot of games with our current active roster, put together almost entirely in a five-week period from mid-March to mid-April 2019: 11 recruits signed out of 16 visits to campus.

Man the close up shots and layups that are missed by this team is just unbelievable
Yes, kind of. But when you're short and skinny (Mack and Burke) trying to finish against guys both taller and a lot stronger, that's trouble. And when you're a 17-year-old freshman with limited experience playing basketball, and you're also three to four inches shorter and three to seven years younger (Mike Watkins at PSU is 24 years old) than your counterparts, it's not easy to make layups.
Thor generally knows how to finish, but his opportunities come from great back-cuts and Mack passes, leaving him wide open.
Cheatham is really the only guy on the team strong enough and skilled enough to finish well inside. He's also a 6-5 senior, so that's probably no small coincidence on an inexperienced, undersized team.
Green has shown some promise in the last few games as a finisher at the rim.
It's those 15-foot shots after a foul that are most frustrating to me.

Yes, kind of. But when you're short and skinny (Mack and Burke) trying to finish against guys both taller and a lot stronger, that's trouble. And when you're a 17-year-old freshman with limited experience playing basketball, and you're also three to four inches shorter and three to seven years younger (Mike Watkins at PSU is 24 years old) than your counterparts, it's not easy to make layups.
Thor generally knows how to finish, but his opportunities come from great back-cuts and Mack passes, leaving him wide open.
Cheatham is really the only guy on the team strong enough and skilled enough to finish well inside. He's also a 6-5 senior, so that's probably no small coincidence on an inexperienced, undersized team.
Green has shown some promise in the last few games as a finisher at the rim.
It's those 15-foot shots after a foul that are most frustrating to me.
Yet Creighton wins games. Weird. Do they have a player over 6’7”?

Uh, oh... A play hard post. Too soon, bro.

Yet Creighton wins games. Weird. Do they have a player over 6’7”?
Good question, and sarcasm noted. My guess? Experience, talent, shooting. We don't have those. Yet.

CU shooting 38.3 percent from deep against Big East foes.

I don't watch the Big East, either, because I'm a Nebraska fan and alumnus, so I don't know if the BE has the sort of post play that you see in the Big Ten this season. If the BE does, then kudos to Creighton for overcoming that with their cohesiveness in the system, their passing and shooting skills and their coaching. If not, then that's probably another factor.

Last edited:
Can’t go over 4 minutes not scoring a point.. missed a lot of chippy’s yesterday which was frustrating...

16-0 run just killed them..

Next year I hope were a lot better Free throw shooting team.. being last in the conference can’t happen next year..

Last edited:
Reactions: John_J_Rambo
Good question, and sarcasm noted. My guess? Experience, talent, shooting. We don't have those. Yet.

CU shooting 38.3 percent from deep against Big East foes.

I don't watch the Big East, either, because I'm a Nebraska fan and alumnus, so I don't know if the BE has the sort of post play that you see in the Big Ten this season. If the BE does, then kudos to Creighton for overcoming that with their cohesiveness in the system, their passing and shooting skills and their coaching. If not, then that's probably another factor.
The Big East doesn't have many good post players, and that does help Creighton get by with an undersized lineup. But Creighton's good shooting doesn't just happen because guys happen to show up on campus who can shoot. They move the ball well and have great movement without the ball, which creates open shots in rhythm. With Mack running the show, I think Hoiberg can build a team that does that too. But right now there is a lot of standing around and flat-footed FG attempts.

Reactions: 9and4
They have two players over 6’10”

Their top 3 scorers are all over 38% from 3

As a team, they make 47% from the field

Any more questions?
Well that isnt exactly true on the height.

Epperson is out for the year, and Jones only logs 12 min a game, mostly doing nothing other than setting illegal screens and spelling Bishop who is a little foul prone. They play with 7-8 guys, with Bishop being the tallest, outside of Jones’ minutes, at 6’7.

Many say that one of their most dangerous lineups is when they go small and Mahoney (6’5) at 5.

Considering this team has a completely overhauled roster it is easy to see why they struggle. And then include that the Big 10 conference is going to put at least 10 teams in the NCAA tourney it was bad time to pretty much start over.

Considering this team has a completely overhauled roster it is easy to see why they struggle. And then include that the Big 10 conference is going to put at least 10 teams in the NCAA tourney it was bad time to pretty much start over.

What..bad time to start overo_O what are you referring too? Should have not hired FH and keep’d Miles around another year..

Had to start from scratch somewhere you’ll see much better results in 2020-21..

Reactions: 9and4
What..bad time to start overo_O what are you referring too? Should have not hired FH and keep’d Miles around another year..

Had to start from scratch somewhere you’ll see much better results in 2020-21..

A completely new roster (except for Thorir and Burke to a degree) is a start over. I was referring more to the timing of it all. I believe Hoiberg was good hire but tough conference and with roster makeover put him behind 8 ball from the start. The talent will be much better next year.

He hasn't played much this year, so the loss probably won't be all that noticeable, but Matej Kavas just announced on twitter that the hand injury he sustained yesterday is season-ending.

ADVERTISEMENT