ADVERTISEMENT

Huskers are big 22 1/2 underdogs against Wisconsin

Throw the DEEP BALL early and often, especially against Wisconsin's young secondary....it's easy yards. Purdue was doing it constantly against Bootle to draw the penalty and got him a couple of times. Have Spielman and Morgan in the slots like Brohm did with Rondale Moore. Have Woodyard as the Split and Andre Hunt on the Flank. Woodyard has sprinter speed as does Hunt....take those easy yards. Morgan and Spielman will occupy the LB's and the potential for blitzing - we know they are going to blitz often in that defense.

Ive seen wisky play 3 games.. wasnt impressed. They didnt svore more than 14 pts in the first half of any games.. they will NOT cover that spread by halfti.e..some of you are just unrealistic. They will eventually pull away from us but i think we can give them a scare. I will say 31 -17 late td by wis

Reactions: gobigred668
I agree. The personnel changes that I think should be made are:

-Keep Lamar on bench. Sounds like Lee has been practicing well
-Boe in, Tanner to Center - Conrad no more
-Jerald Foster may need to sit as well. I'm tired of his talk, and then watching him play.
-Find someone other than D. Young. Guy is a huge liability
-Deontre Thomas needs more snaps
-Alex Davis should never see the field. Every time he is in, the opposing team runs right at him
-Deontai should start. Makes a few mistakes, but plays hard and brings the wood
-Tre Neal needs to sit. Use someone else. Gets blocked very easy
-
I agree on everything but Lee. Deontai Williams didn't have a good game against Purdue, but he didn't do worse than any of the other safeties and you can tell he has way more talent than anyone else at the position.

Id take it...48-26 sounds like a good loss. Can we just call it in, save a trip, and head on the road recruiting?

Throw the DEEP BALL early and often, especially against Wisconsin's young secondary....it's easy yards. Purdue was doing it constantly against Bootle to draw the penalty and got him a couple of times. Have Spielman and Morgan in the slots like Brohm did with Rondale Moore. Have Woodyard as the Split and Andre Hunt on the Flank. Woodyard has sprinter speed as does Hunt....take those easy yards. Morgan and Spielman will occupy the LB's and the potential for blitzing - we know they are going to blitz often in that defense.

It would be great if we could throw a few more deep routes as AM is proving himself a respectable thrower. Obvious concern is whether or not he’ll have enough time back there. Max protect doesn’t give you much time if three guys are shooting through our line unblocked.

Ive seen wisky play 3 games.. wasnt impressed. They didnt svore more than 14 pts in the first half of any games..
To be fair, CHRYST has been playing pretty much VANILLA on both offense and defense, mostly ,I totally believe there is more in the tank on both sides of the ball, whether or not we see that against Nebraska, remains to be seen.
He may try to play conservatively again, run the ball, play cover 2-3-4 in the secondary and save the blitzing, tight CB coverage and aggressive passing downfield for MICHIGAN and PSU.
That's just his style.
Yes, that's a lot of points for UW to cover.

In Nebraska's last 9 conference games the defense is giving up 45.9 ppg. In the last 3 road conference games they have given up 54,56 & 56 points. Purdue last week scored the most points in a conference game since the 55 they hung on Nebraska in 2015. The 42 points Purdue scored is the most points they have scored in a Big Ten road game since 2007.

As much as I hate to say it, it looks like Wisconsin will probably have a break game on offense. I would guess Nebraska will sell out to stop the run, with some run blitzes and that probably leaves open some games for Taylor to run wild. This team has to get better on defense in a hurry. It is a year and a half in to the 3-4 and as of right now it looks like this type of defense is a bad fit for Nebraska and the Big 10.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT