ADVERTISEMENT

Huskers all done in the Portal?

v1nufan

Redshirt Freshman
Aug 15, 2018
So have the Huskers wrapped up their efforts to bring in any additional team members for the 2021 year?
So far have addressed needs at WR and RB, but have made no progress to bolster the QB(odds of it happening never that great) and OLB.
If all done in the Portal what does that leave for available ‘ships for the February signing period?
GBR!

We have two spots left. They are still trying to get Avante Dickerson with one. So they will use one more on a portal or JUCO (two if we don’t get AD). Remember JUCO ball is in the Spring this year. In addition to QB and a pass rusher, I think a slot WR could be a place we could look at guy from the portal or JUCO.

We have two spots left. They are still trying to get Avante Dickerson with one. So they will use one more on a portal or JUCO (two if we don’t get AD). Remember JUCO ball is in the Spring this year. In addition to QB and a pass rusher, I think a slot WR could be a place we could look at guy from the portal or JUCO.
It would be great to get another QB, but do you really think they are even considering that?

We're not done with the portal. The flip side of having all of these seniors coming back is that young players will presumably remain on the bench. Due to that, the Huskers could lose some players, but the portal will also have some new names the Huskers may be interested in. And, as previously mentioned, the jucos are playing in the spring. The supply of available juco talent is going to be greater than the demand. Teams that recruit juco will find more selection and less competition for the talent there.

I was still counting that as this year, but the point still remains.

I think Vedral came in and won the NW game in 2019. I could be wrong, but pretty sure one of those games we were behind in when he got hurt.

We were never behind. Nebraska scored 3 of their 13 pts with vedral. Some interesting logic giving that one to vedral. Guess we can take a few losses off Martinez's record too then. (2018 Colorado, 2020 NW come to mind).

We were never behind. Nebraska scored 3 of their 13 pts with vedral. Some interesting logic giving that one to vedral. Guess we can take a few losses off Martinez's record too then. (2018 Colorado, 2020 NW come to mind).
we were losing 14-13 last year against NW when AM threw a back-breaking pick in the end zone and was subsequently benched.

Benched for a guy who came in and threw a pick off of a lineman's head in the end zone. You can't pick and choose which plays "count".
if the game ended when AM came out, it's still a loss. can't say the same about 2019 NW. if you want to call it a tie, go right on ahead. ties are a much better result behind AM than we're used to.

Reactions: BrighteRed24
if the game ended when AM came out, it's still a loss. can't say the same about 2019 NW. if you want to call it a tie, go right on ahead. ties are a much better result behind AM than we're used to.

So Martinez "won" 2018 Colorado then?

And we were only tied when AM left vs NW because we couldn't make a 29 yd FG.

Reactions: jmliehr
And we were only tied when AM left vs NW because we couldn't make a 29 yd FG.
we were only winning in 2018 vs CU when AM left because they couldn't make a 43yd FG following a 1-play drive in which AM threw an interception.

Right, I'm not trying to rewrite history to give him wins or take away losses. That's what you've been doing.

So have the Huskers wrapped up their efforts to bring in any additional team members for the 2021 year?
So far have addressed needs at WR and RB, but have made no progress to bolster the QB(odds of it happening never that great) and OLB.
If all done in the Portal what does that leave for available ‘ships for the February signing period?
GBR!
We know by now that the portal is NEVER closed for comings or goings. I would assume IF we have Spring Practices again, the portal will be very busy again once they wrap up and then again after Spring semester ends.

Right, I'm not trying to rewrite history to give him wins or take away losses. That's what you've been doing.
what? here's a recap of this little dance :

me: our ceiling is 4 wins with AM at QB.

you: he won 5 last year

me: with AM at QB, we won 4

you: you're trying to take away wins

Reactions: NikkiSixx
we were losing 14-13 last year against NW when AM threw a back-breaking pick in the end zone and was subsequently benched.
Yup he threw the pick, but you had a 6'8" guy that should have fought for the ball. He didn't look quick enough. I think he was too concerned with going out of bounds. Receivers got to receive or make sure nobody else does.

Reactions: John_J_Rambo
It would be great to get another QB, but do you really think they are even considering that?
No, unless Luke leaves. The JUCO ranks might be a more realistic place to snag a back-up QB if Luke leaves. If he stays he gets another chance to win the job, as does the rest of the QB room.
I think the offense will feature the run more, and use the play option pass more often also like in the Rutgers game. This should take some of the pressure off whoever plays QB to be the star of the offense.

No, unless Luke leaves. The JUCO ranks might be a more realistic place to snag a back-up QB if Luke leaves. If he stays he gets another chance to win the job, as does the rest of the QB room.
I think the offense will feature the run more, and use the play option pass more often also like in the Rutgers game. This should take some of the pressure off whoever plays QB to be the star of the offense.
We're going to HAVE to save at least ONE spot for a guy who might decide to transfer after his current team's spring ball. I don't see any QB out there right now that we should pursue BUT that could change after spring football. We did just land a commit from an all state dual threat QB from Hastings. That helps depth IMO. QB recruiting is a crap shoot to some degree. Who would have ever thought when Joey Ganz was recruited that he could play as well as he did. He had ZERO major college offers and was set to go play college baseball.

Reactions: WHCSC
GBR!
Someone here actually tried to answer your questions lol

ADVERTISEMENT