ADVERTISEMENT

Huskers -3 @Purdue on Saturday

I just for one time this season against a P5 school would like to see our offense, defense and special teams play a complete, relatively error-free game. I know it is too much to ask, but you never know.

This is a must-win game for this program. I'd lay the 3 points and hope for the best. I also think going on the road and changing the environment may not be a bad thing.

Some said the same vs Indiana.

Purdue is decimated with injuries. The we don’t have enough talent card will be thrown out the window against them. Their young QB is serviceable and Bell is a very good WR. Hopefully Chinander fairs better vs Brohm than he did last year.

Any idea if Rondale Moore is playing?
Great question. He was always projected to be back this week. Brohm said he isn't commenting on injuries until later in the week. Brohm also only let the media watch 2 sessions of practice as opposed to 5. I hope he is back. The offense needs him. It could use a non-freshman presence. Purdue starts like 12 freshman and has played 30.

The two guys to watch for Purdue are true freshman David Bell. Plummer throws it up to him and he goes and gets it. And George Karlaftis. True freshman defensive end is one of the best in the conference.

Is wandale playing/healthy?

This is a must-win game for this program. I'd lay the 3 points and hope for the best. I also think going on the road and changing the environment may not be a bad thing.
I think they do better away from Memorial Stadium

We get this game, and head into Black Friday needing a win over the Herks to become bowl eligible.

Great question. He was always projected to be back this week. Brohm said he isn't commenting on injuries until later in the week. Brohm also only let the media watch 2 sessions of practice as opposed to 5. I hope he is back. The offense needs him. It could use a non-freshman presence. Purdue starts like 12 freshman and has played 30.

The two guys to watch for Purdue are true freshman David Bell. Plummer throws it up to him and he goes and gets it. And George Karlaftis. True freshman defensive end is one of the best in the conference.

David Bell was a stud at Warren Central. He played his senior year basically injured and still went HAM. Great player. Sucks for PU because they had a terrible wk 1 hiccup, lose their best defender, QB, Moore and safety.

Good news is it's allowed younger guys to get in like Bell and Wright at WR.

But, much like Nebraska, your season is down the tubes

I graduated from PU in 2007. But I've been a Husker fan my whole life.

Wan'dale will be playing. He looked great against Indiana but wasn't 100%

Reactions: headcard
247sports article... picking Purdue.

Hummer: This is a battle of two of the most disappointing teams nationally . The Huskers (4-4) have yet to beat a team with a winning record. Purdue (2-6) can say the same. Nebraska is the better team by most advanced metrics. But the injury status of Adrian Martinez gives me pause. Give me Purdue here to pull the slight upset. … Purdue 27, Nebraska 24.

Crawford: The wrong team is favored in this one. Nebraska isn't the preseason division frontrunner most expected to see this season and Jeff Brohm's squad has battled through inconsistency thanks to injuries. This would definitely be a no play for me at the counter and I think the Boilermakers should be the slight favorite at home. ... Purdue 31, Nebraska 28.

We get this game, and head into Black Friday needing a win over the Herks to become bowl eligible.
also play maryland before black friday. purdue beat them 40-14. they have played 5 b10 games . Maryland beat rutgers and the other 4 games they have been outscored 185-52. they play michigan and osu before nebraska so those numbers will be even worse.

David Bell was a stud at Warren Central. He played his senior year basically injured and still went HAM. Great player. Sucks for PU because they had a terrible wk 1 hiccup, lose their best defender, QB, Moore and safety.

Good news is it's allowed younger guys to get in like Bell and Wright at WR.

But, much like Nebraska, your season is down the tubes

I graduated from PU in 2007. But I've been a Husker fan my whole life.
You missed quite a few injuries. Purdue is down their QB, RB1, RB2, WR1, plus other WR's, C1, DT1 (projected 1st rounder at one time), DT playing with an arm he snapped like a month ago, LB1 (all big ten),3,5, CB, and both freshman safeties last week.

Purdue is logging big freshman minutes at current QB1, RB1, WR1, 2, and 4, TE2, RT1, most oline backups, DE1, DT, LB2 (I think he is hurt), Safty1 (still hurt), and CB2. Probably missing some tbh. Hard to track.

You missed quite a few injuries. Purdue is down their QB, RB1, RB2, WR1, plus other WR's, C1, DT1 (projected 1st rounder at one time), DT playing with an arm he snapped like a month ago, LB1 (all big ten),3,5, CB, and both freshman safeties last week.

Purdue is logging big freshman minutes at current QB1, RB1, WR1, 2, and 4, TE2, RT1, most oline backups, DE1, DT, LB2 (I think he is hurt), Safty1 (still hurt), and CB2. Probably missing some tbh. Hard to track.
ME: *reads this*
ALSO ME: *begrudgingly logs into gambling account*

Reactions: pahusker139
ME: *reads this*
ALSO ME: *begrudgingly logs into gambling account*
Lol. Purdues offense can move the ball as long as it isn't pouring down rain. (see Illinois). Purdue can't run the ball, but they will pass it all over the yard. Defense hasn't been great, but has gradually been improving since 2nd half of the Penn State game. Injuries definitely derailed the season though.

Plummers last two non-rain games went for over 700 yards combined. I think that was vs Maryland and at Iowa. Bell went for over 300 receiving in those games.

I don't think I've been wrong yet this season
waiting for the other shoe to drop like
giphy.gif

Reactions: SC_'sker
Purdue's run offense is atrocious, one of the worst run offenses in college football if not the absolute worst. Last time I checked, they were ranked around 240 and that was before their miserable loss to Illinois. Purdue may have the worst run yardage in modern B10 history -its that bad. If they run for more than 50 yards against Nebraska the Huskers should petition to forfeit their entire season as a matter of principle.

Purdue's passing game is a thing of beauty when its clicking. Elijah Sindelar was heading for an MVP type season before he became injured. Fortunately for Nebraska, freshman Jake Plummer is not at Sindelar's level ... but he has had a couple good games.

If the Huskers win it will be for one reason: Nebraska limited Purdue's passing success.

Reactions: huskerfan66
Purdue's run offense is atrocious, one of the worst run offenses in college football if not the absolute worst. Last time I checked, they were ranked around 240 and that was before their miserable loss to Illinois. Purdue may have the worst run yardage in modern B10 history -its that bad. If they run for more than 50 yards against Nebraska the Huskers should petition to forfeit their entire season as a matter of principle.....
These are exactly the kinds of stats that kill Nebraska in games like this.

Dbs and lbs going to have to step up big time. DL going to need penetration without blitzing

Purdue's run offense is atrocious, one of the worst run offenses in college football if not the absolute worst. Last time I checked, they were ranked around 240 and that was before their miserable loss to Illinois. Purdue may have the worst run yardage in modern B10 history -its that bad. If they run for more than 50 yards against Nebraska the Huskers should petition to forfeit their entire season as a matter of principle.

Purdue's passing game is a thing of beauty when its clicking. Elijah Sindelar was heading for an MVP type season before he became injured. Fortunately for Nebraska, freshman Jake Plummer is not at Sindelar's level ... but he has had a couple good games.

If the Huskers win it will be for one reason: Nebraska limited Purdue's passing success.
While purdues run offense isn't good, it has been better. I'd take the Illinois game with a grain of salt. Pouring down rain and 30 mph wind didn't allow Purdue to pass more than 5 yards. A goalline marker literally floated away because the field couldn't drain fast enough. Illinois pressed their safeties forward and basically had 8-9 guys in the box all game with corners pressing.

Going back, Purdue had with Plummer at QB.
Illinois: 135 rushing yards to 136 passing yards.
Iowa: 33 rush and 327 pass
Maryland: 127 rush and 420 pass
Penn State: -19 rush and 123 pass (Plummers 2nd start)
Minny: 123 rush and 291 pass (the game Rondale and sindelar got hurt in the first quarter)

So I'd you have a top 10 defense, Purdue won't run the ball vs ya. The run game got better once Purdue benched the walk-on sophmore for the true freshman.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT