ADVERTISEMENT

Huskers 3 point dog to Miami

My biggest concern is our pass defense. I never seen it this bad before. It seems every time the ball is thrown deep there WR's have hands of clue. Davie's confidence is completely broken. He was miserable toward the end of the South Alabama game. But in a strange way I am proud he didn't give up or quit. He stated in and he is playing hard and trying. That you can see. But you have to think Miami and Kaays is going to target him.

Reactions: sparky62
Pretty sure he was referring to Bethune-Cookman as the FCS school and FAU as the "small directional school" (although I'm not sure Atlantic is a direction). As a reaction to our own poster calling Georgia Southern a "small directional school."

Fair enough, Georgia Southern is a team no one wants to play.

Not sure how you came up with that. The game is close to a sellout and not all of Husker allotment was sold......

Miami has its problems getting people to games but this one is an exception. As was FSU last year and every big game, every year.
This game is farging huge for a very wounded brand. South Florida will turn out.

I'm not really looking to get into fan participation smack talk, but currently ESPN indicates there are 3600 tickets on stub hub starting at $46. That's just stub hub. If Husker fans don't show up, it's because of lack of interest. Both programs have seen better days, and it's just not the marquee match-up it once was. For any fan of either fan base, ticket availability isn't keeping them out of the stadium.

I really hope we pull out this win. Miami hasn't impressed me at all this season, but at the same time they been extremely vanilla on both sides of the ball. Gotta think they have some plays up there sleeves. It's gonna be close and I think Miami will get us this time. Tommy Armstrong has to play smart. He has had 2 fantastic games so far. If he continues to make smart decisions then we win. But he has to show me he can be smart with the ball on the road. Something he has struggled with in the past.

The way he played last year on the road is irrelevant. The new coaching has seen to that.

How do we go from swatting the Cane last year to being a dawg this year? Sorry...the Canes don't impress.

crappy scheduling by Jamrog. BYU was in the same boat, but its a toss up when you schedule a team like that.
At some point you have to accept mediocrity or play with big boys. Wisc started with Bama for example. Not sure why folks are acting like BYU is some power house. Is 9 wins really the standard??? It's not tough with our schedule year in and year out. Heck, Miami isn't ranked but people on this board act like its the 90s. 2 teams fan bases feeding this off of past history. We haven't won our division in 15, after this year 16 years. Pray we don't play OSU on national TV.

Things working against Nebraska in this game:
Husker Defense
Miami Defense
Away game
Good opposing QB
Husker offensive line
Mark Banker Defensive Scheme
Husker team speed
Miami athletes
Depth on defense
Playing a power 5 conf foe

Things working for Nebraska:
Tommy Armstrong
Possibly tons of traveling fans

I think Nebraska gets beat, but it's childish to say I'm a bo supporter because I'm realistic of the Huskers' deficiencies. If you think beating up on small directional school fixes things I think you're about to be disappointed.

Thanks! Nice too have visiting fans list out their positives. See you down in the humidity.

How do we go from swatting the Cane last year to being a dawg this year? Sorry...the Canes don't impress.
First of all I don't know that I would call that a "swatting" last year and last year is meaningless. Second of all, if you think you are smarter than Vegas go put your money down. Put up or shut up. Logically, new staff, new system, road game, lots of injuries, inconsistent DB play, graduations, NO AMEER (obviously our best player last year), Miami's QB, Miami's WRs all make this a toss up game and the home team almost always gets at least a field goal. Go put your money down if you're so much smarter than the odds makers. The Cane's may not have impressed, but neither really has NU.

First of all I don't know that I would call that a "swatting" last year and last year is meaningless. Second of all, if you think you are smarter than Vegas go put your money down. Put up or shut up. Logically, new staff, new system, road game, lots of injuries, inconsistent DB play, graduations, NO AMEER (obviously our best player last year), Miami's QB, Miami's WRs all make this a toss up game and the home team almost always gets at least a field goal. Go put your money down if you're so much smarter than the odds makers. The Cane's may not have impressed, but neither really has NU.
Vegas isn't predicting the score of the game. Theyre setting a betting line they think will get the most ppl to put money on the game.it's not abt challenging vegas so no one has to be smarter than vegas.

I actually like the Huskers this week. Keep their run in check, and we ought to be alright. It was good for Davie to get picked on, and he will make some plays this week.

I don't really think that, if you read other posts, it was an attempt at humor for Piper. I like Lincoln a lot. Great steaks, Great people!

I have been a college football fan since 1955 (yea, I am in my late 70's) and as a Miami alum and fan, have traveled to many out-of-state games in addition to the games in FL. Without question or reservations, I have found that Nebraska has the nicest fans (to rivals) in the entire USA.

At some point you have to accept mediocrity or play with big boys. Wisc started with Bama for example. Not sure why folks are acting like BYU is some power house. Is 9 wins really the standard??? It's not tough with our schedule year in and year out. Heck, Miami isn't ranked but people on this board act like its the 90s. 2 teams fan bases feeding this off of past history. We haven't won our division in 15, after this year 16 years. Pray we don't play OSU on national TV.
Actually we've won our division a few times in the past 15 years. Just haven't won our conference (I think that's what you meant).

With that bring said.... So you're against mediocrity and complain we haven't won a CCG in 15 years but you don't want to see us play OSU? By playing OSU that means we've won our division which would mean we've had a pretty solid year. AND we have a chance to win a CCG. If we don't play OSU that means we've had a mediocre or worse year.

So which is it that you want? Mediocre or not?

My biggest concern is our pass defense. I never seen it this bad before. It seems every time the ball is thrown deep there WR's have hands of clue. Davie's confidence is completely broken. He was miserable toward the end of the South Alabama game. But in a strange way I am proud he didn't give up or quit. He stated in and he is playing hard and trying. That you can see. But you have to think Miami and Kaays is going to target him.

Either not old enough to remember Nebraska in 1998, 2004, 2007, and early 2008, or you just have a poor memory.

I would recommend you wait until the whole back 7 gets to play a few games together and be on the field at the same time before you make that distinction.

Either not old enough to remember Nebraska in 1998, 2004, 2007, and early 2008, or you just have a poor memory.

I would recommend you wait until the whole back 7 gets to play a few games together and be on the field at the same time before you make that distinction.
agreed on the part about our current DBs being worse than any DB unit ever. there is no possible way for NEB to have worse DB play than when Elmo was coach.

to answer your first question....did you watch the BYU game? that's why NEB is the underdog and will continue to be most of the season. the Canes don't impress me either. they are not a good team either. they struggled with an crappy FAU squad

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT