ADVERTISEMENT

Huskers #22 in ESPN's preseason FPI rankings

I'm drinking a big pitcher of bright red koolaid. I'm overly optimistic every year. Not because of what the media says. I could care less what the media says or doesn't say about Husker football.

I will be thinking only the best for this team and staff just as I did when Smilin Mike, Bo Pelini, Callahan and Solich were the coaches.

They have not met my koolaid expectations 90% of the time. But I am a fan and will always think this ship will be turned around. No pessimistic Debbie downers on here will ever take that away.

Ha! I have real things to get pissed about, y'all are just 1's & 0's. I don't much care for red koolaid. I define that as: the content media outlets feed gullible husker fans to get them to look at advertisements. I also don't much care for naivete people who don't live in reality and can't think for themselves. If you think I am anything but a realistic Husker fan, you aren't paying attention. Peace.
Sorry to hear you have so much to get pissed about. Hang in there, things will be OK, I'm sure.

As far as articles and expectations, maybe you could just make your own evaluations of the team and formulate your own expectations, so you don't have to get to mad at the media for their "hype", when the team doesn't perform. Personally, I think we are about a 7-win team, I think we will be better than last year, but still won't be able to beat the best teams on our schedule. I think we can and should beat all the average teams on our schedule. I like reading about the team in the off season and I'm glad we have all the coverage we do, but I'm not going to change how I view this team until I see other wise. So when I read about how good Manning looks, or how Piper is making a push, or how AM is in the best shape of his life, I enjoy reading it, but it doesn't change my outlook.

Ha! Zeros.
182781iz759dyjpg.jpg

I hate we live in a country where one of the best all time selling books was NV Peales positivity book.
I guess I have my own built in, but I sure love my Huskers, and I sure do know why they are doing good, or doing bad.
But in the end, I sure love my Huskers....

And here we have a very overrated team in iowa at 10th, new qb, thin at rb, second year losing best players early in a developing player system, not recruiting high enough for plug n play

gullibles
Who are you talking about? The people reading USA Today? Iowa fans? People referencing a different poll than you did?

You linked a poll from the USA Today. The OP linked a poll from ESPN. They are what they are, preseason polls. One is based on a writers opinion (USA Today), one is based on analytics (ESPN). Neither mean a thing and are nothing to get your panties in a bunch over.

No Minnesota in the top 25 caught my eye..
I can see minny in the top 25. If theyre any better this year, likely top twenty. The strongest teams beat them last year,iowa and wiscy, but both those teams not quite as strong this year.
But iowa is thin at rb, moving their O and D lines at much higher rates than theyre used to, and simply wont have a Wirfs or Epenesa equivalent,and likely slightly under what they've had the last three years, plus that new qb.

Cornicator said:

Nebraska won't be ranked in any preseason rag or media poll. The FPI uses metrics that are actually pretty well proven.

It's based on returning production, experience, and three year recruiting history.

It's interesting. Last year, the pollsters loved us and the computers hated us. This year it is the opposite.
[/quote]
Nebraska was 31st in this last year. Or are you excluding this ranking? I wouldn’t consider 31st “hated”.

http://www.espn.com/college-football/statistics/teamratings/_/year/2019/key/20190824040000

It's interesting. Last year, the pollsters loved us and the computers hated us. This year it is the opposite.
Nebraska was 31st in this last year. Or are you excluding this ranking? I wouldn’t consider 31st “hated”.

http://www.espn.com/college-football/statistics/teamratings/_/year/2019/key/20190824040000[/QUOTE]
Understand how this works, previous staffs didnt do alot of redshirting, those players contributions are included in last years numbers, but, what changed was when SF decided to redshirt the vast majority of last years class, but, according to their rankings and history, they were included last year to improve production, but they didn't play.

So, what was anticipated didnt even happen, plus a few other things that could go south did, and really skewed the numbers.
Now, they incclude last years class with this years too in this years numbers, so it went from 31st to 22nd because of this years class, if that helps you understand, as its all only number crunching by assigned values.

presented without comment.
Click bait. Not falling for any pre-season rankings. They have to earn on the field and proved they turned a corner. I think a lot depends on the QB position. Either Adrian needs to be back to Freshman form OR if not Frost needs to have a quick hook and go with one of the other studs.

Annyone ever notice that the craziest, angriest people always refer to themselves as "realist" and think that they live in a "reality" that no one else can see?

I also notice the people that say "I'm just keeping it real!" the most aren't trying to be honest, they are just saying it as an excuse to be a jerk.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT