ADVERTISEMENT

Husker women had a really nice win againt conference leading Northwestern yesterday.

dinglefritz

Nebraska Legend
Jan 14, 2011
Somebody had asked why they were so bad this year. I found out they lost 3 major contributors including the girl I thought was their best offensive weapon to COVID transfers to schools closer to home. I'm sure they thought they wouldn't be playing this year when they left. (Leigha Brown had 28 for Michigan yesterday). NU has had multiple players out with injuries and have had only 7 players available for recent games. Never mind being able to practice effectively with 7. They had available yesterday and had key shots from a freshman from GI among others. Really nice win for a team decimated by transfers and injuries.

Last edited:
I agree that was a great win. However, I have no idea what Amy Williams was thinking last year. She had Leah Brown, who is an all-conference caliber player, coming off the bench. She should have been starting since day one. Leah is being a star at Michigan instead of here now. Unfortunately a lot of that is on Amy. Doubt she lasts here but I hope I am wrong.

I agree that was a great win. However, I have no idea what Amy Williams was thinking last year. She had Leah Brown, who is an all-conference caliber player, coming off the bench. She should have been starting since day one. Leah is being a star at Michigan instead of here now. Unfortunately a lot of that is on Amy. Doubt she lasts here but I hope I am wrong.
Brown would have started this year I think. From what I've read, none of the girls had any problems with Amy. All 3 cited wanting to play closer to home. I'm sure the mental stress of COVID played a role. I posted this in another thread but my daughter has friends who are just opting out of classes at Harvard rather than go through the testing and isolation protocols that are required to finally be let back on campus this spring. The social aspect of transfers this year can't be ignored. We're going to see more and more freshmen especially over the next year who will bail out because of the new leniency of transfer rules.

Reactions: nwualum
Especially since she was starting as a freshman and I believe leading scorer...or second. What more do you have to do??

Reactions: nwualum
Somebody had asked why they were so bad this year. I found out they lost 3 major contributors including the girl I thought was their best offensive weapon to COVID transfers to schools closer to home. I'm sure they thought they wouldn't be playing this year when they left. (Leigha Brown had 28 for Michigan yesterday). NU has had multiple players out with injuries and have had only 7 players available for recent games. Never mind being able to practice effectively with 7. They had available yesterday and had key shots from a freshman from GI among others. Really nice win for a team decimated by transfers and injuries.
It was me

It was me
That's what I thought. The one game I listened to I was shocked at what was happening until Matt mentioned that they only had 7 girls available and they were in foul trouble.

Whitney Brown from G.I. had a huge game. That's great considering her only other offers were from directional schools and UNK. I'm not sure if she's even on scholarship.

Reactions: huskerfan66
That's what I thought. The one game I listened to I was shocked at what was happening until Matt mentioned that they only had 7 girls available and they were in foul trouble.

Whitney Brown from G.I. had a huge game. That's great considering her only other offers were from directional schools and UNK. I'm not sure if she's even on scholarship.
I didn’t realize that either, I knew Amy was having problems with girls transferring just didn’t know why

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT