ADVERTISEMENT

Husker roster lists this man at 6'2" 225 pounds

yep, late addition walk on.. I def like his size at that position.

From Florida?

giphy.gif

Yes! Our next walk-on savior! Who needs 4 star players to actually stay and play for 3 or 4 years? Not us. We're just 1 or 2 walkons away baby!
We're probably going to need a walk on to step up at RB this weekend. Last I heard it sounded like Scott is in the concussion protocol and our other top 2 backs may not be available. That leaves one healthy scholarship back to carry the load. We've actually got some walk ons on the roster who Tom probably would have given scholarships to before the NCAA lowered numbers.

Reactions: headcard
We're probably going to need a walk on to step up at RB this weekend. Last I heard it sounded like Scott is in the concussion protocol and our other top 2 backs may not be available. That leaves one healthy scholarship back to carry the load. We've actually got some walk ons on the roster who Tom probably would have given scholarships to before the NCAA lowered numbers.
Or we could just put McCaffrey there, who is probably our best option anyway.

Reactions: Red I 73
Or we could just put McCaffrey there, who is probably our best option anyway.
With Adrian's injury history I'm not sure how many hits you want your backup QB to take. I don't think Smothers is cleared to play so that would mean Masker would be the next guy up if both AM and Luke got hurt.

With Adrian's injury history I'm not sure how many hits you want your backup QB to take. I don't think Smothers is cleared to play so that would mean Masker would be the next guy up if both AM and Luke got hurt.
Why can’t Smothers play.

I had heard he was still rehabbing an injury. I'm not sure that if that is true or not. I haven't tried to verify it.

This is the first I’ve heard about Smothers, but the staff keeps things pretty close to the vest on injured players..

This is the first I’ve heard about Smothers, but the staff keeps things pretty close to the vest on injured players..
Somebody who seemed plugged in posted about it weeks ago. I believe they said the next QB in would be Masker if Adrian and Luke couldn't go. I doubt without spring ball, 7 on 7s or fall camp that Smothers would have a very good handle on the offense even if he was healthy.

Somebody who seemed plugged in posted about it weeks ago. I believe they said the next QB in would be Masker if Adrian and Luke couldn't go. I doubt without spring ball, 7 on 7s or fall camp that Smothers would have a very good handle on the offense even if he was healthy.
I believe he is rehabbing from an he injury.

I completely forgot this kid existed. They have about a trillion walk-on RBs, somebody ought to be competent enough to take some snaps.
Well I think they really believe that Wandale at RB versus a walk on is our best chance to win games. That said, we'll have to see who is on the travel roster.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT