ADVERTISEMENT

Husker Pro Day Results and Discussion

How come no one has posted how they do more reps than these guys and how their HS team had 5 guys that all did over 39 reps...at a Class C school.

Reactions: stanzsky87
Do we have comparison vs last few yrs? Is the team showing improved strength.

One would think Nebraska has the ability to set up an electronic 40 time so why handheld?

One would think Nebraska has the ability to set up an electronic 40 time so why handheld?
Hahaha! No shit!

Do they have like students holding the watches too? Is this like HS PE class?

One year, we had to run the mile but it was cold out so our PE teacher just let us run one lap and multiply it by 4!

lol that's probably about where I am. I haven't been in a gym since January. "Beach time is over? Ok, I'll think about looking better again when it warms up in the spring..."
I just started back up again...those first 10 days might as well have been a scene from Hellraiser.

How come no one has posted how they do more reps than these guys and how their HS team had 5 guys that all did over 39 reps...at a Class C school.

Because my school never counted "reps" you did it until your arms fell off, then a local mechanic would weld them back on. We also broad jumped the Platte River but never bothered to measure the length. People today are so concerned with numbers, back then we just out "hustled" and out "heart-ed" the Bo Jacksons of the world, but being at a class C school no one ever thought of going pro, too much responsibility on the home front.

Who said it was hand held? That said, most scouts want a watch in their hand to give a fair comparison to what they get at other pro days.

A friend just told me the results dean posted and it said hand held. Maybe that was his own times and not official. Would've thought an electric time was posted for everyone to see.

The scouts run these and want hand held times in the testing.
Of course they do...they have to justify their jobs.

If GMs found out that you could just watch college football games on Saturday and talk to college coaches to get the info you really needed there would be about 900 NFL scouts out of a job.

When someone (HBK4life) posts up all the videos the first one I watch is Frost, second Held and third Mo Barry. Mo exudes focus and professionalism. P.S. I watch Austin 4th. I like his philosophy that despite all the schemes, hype, analytics, etc. it boils down to either you kick someone's butt or he kicks yours.

When someone (HBK4life) posts up all the videos the first one I watch is Frost, second Held and third Mo Barry. Mo exudes focus and professionalism. P.S. I watch Austin 4th. I like his philosophy that despite all the schemes, hype, analytics, etc. it boils down to either you kick someone's butt or he kicks yours.
All the line movement they do is nuts.

Story time: Years ago this coaching staff I was on had a good laugh. One of our guards was really good but a moron, could not remember his rules to save his life. During film one day we realize that on plays when the other guard was pulling, our moron guard was pulling too...the opposite way.

We could not stop laughing at this kid but then we realized how ****ing hard it had to be for the DC's of teams we faced to even bother trying to read our OG's, because it really made no sense.

I wonder what college DC's do today, they can't read guards anymore and trying to read HB's would be a nightmare. I would imagine they basically go back to freshmen football where you either read the back nearest you or you don't read but just take your attack steps and diagnose what you see.

Farmer could be a steal. Ozigbo will be a steal.

OZ is a great situational RB. He needs to play special teams to make a NFL roster, IMO. If he's willing to do that, I think he has a shot.

Great kid too. OZ had a special Sr. season and deserves the accolades.

Reactions: dinglefritz
Because my school never counted "reps" you did it until your arms fell off, then a local mechanic would weld them back on. We also broad jumped the Platte River but never bothered to measure the length. People today are so concerned with numbers, back then we just out "hustled" and out "heart-ed" the Bo Jacksons of the world, but being at a class C school no one ever thought of going pro, too much responsibility on the home front.

Out-hustled and Out-hearted Bo Jackson?

So word is both Gifford and Young benched more than Jerald Foster?
WTH?
The solid pro day performance from some of these guys also seems to be one more indicator Duval and Co. were busy in the rough trying to polish some diamonds in the limited time.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT