ADVERTISEMENT

Husker men sports

Walleye79

Senior
Mar 7, 2021
Unbelievably embarrassing right now. Football the shit show everyone knows about.

Basketball.... Well they are watching tourneys from home.

Baseball on a losing streak.

What is there to be excited about right now. Maybe bball recruiting? I don't know....

All of it. Be excited for all of it. The alternative is whining, and that ain't me. If you're ready to throw in the towel on the baseball team because they lost three, you're really not cut out for baseball.

Unbelievably embarrassing right now. Football the shit show everyone knows about.

Basketball.... Well they are watching tourneys from home.

Baseball on a losing streak.

What is there to be excited about right now. Maybe bball recruiting? I don't know....
Wrestling getting schooled at Nationals

Nebraska men have 9 varsity teams. Using football as a barometer, here is how we do in the other sports:
Basketball-- worse
Wrestling-- much, much better (currently 7-1)
Gymnastics-- about even (2-3)
Track and field-- better (4th in B1G)
Cross country-- better (5th in B1G)
Golf-- much, much worse (recently finished 19/20 in a tourney and are 0-4)
Tennis-- much, must worse (0-8 and have only avoided a blow out once)
Baseball-- better (5-4)

In short, we are in the top half of the B10 in 4 of 9 sports currently. The only sport where we can be considered successful is wrestling (we are #8, not in the top 5, according to the NCAA). The problem is our one loss was 31-6 to.... unanimous #1 Iowa. So, really, overall our men's sports are a little below average in the conference. It is a C, maybe C-.

In short, we are in the top half of the B10 in 4 of 9 sports currently. The only sport where we can be considered successful is wrestling (we are #8, not in the top 5, according to the NCAA). The problem is our one loss was 31-6 to.... unanimous #1 Iowa. So, really, overall our men's sports are a little below average in the conference. It is a C, maybe C-.
Time to go back to the hillbilly conference?

The baseball team went 2-2 in that OSU vs Iowa vs Husker match up at Minnesota (going 1-1 vs Iowa and 1-1 vs OSU) and we went into that series with a 3-1 record. But yes, we lost the last few games....until today. They are now 6-4 for the season and actually look pretty solid so far.

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT