ADVERTISEMENT

Husker Hoops-the future.

Husker D

Redshirt Freshman
Gold Member
Jun 20, 2010
PLEASE, no smartass, troublemaker, doomsday posts. theres enough of those on the main board. let try to have just 1 post for reasonable, intelligent conversation.

Where do we go from here? I truely believe the basketball program now is much different than 5 years ago. I think the program will be/already has become a priority for upgrade in the Athletic dept. There has been entirely too much money put into facilities for it not to. It will be a very interesting next few weeks for the program. Its a very tough hire for the program. Not because this isnt a good job. i truely think it is. Not based on the past, but the future. Hopefully the "fans" can start seeing the program as what it can be, rather than what it was. Here's to the start of a new day in Nebraska Basketball.

Nebraska would be foolish not to at least call Shaka Smart and see if there is any interest. I seriously doubt there is (.00001% I would guess) but you have to make that call.

Personally I think the next HC will be Gregg Marshall, Wichita State's Head Coach.

When i hear these successful coaches at mid major schools it makes me cringe. I dont want to go through 4the more years of what weve been going through. Doc was extremely successful at utep which led to nebraska hiring him. Nebraska is just waiting for the rigjt coach to come along. New arena great fan base (if we start winning) and were in a great basketball conference. We need to get a good coach from a big name school

The not so obvious but very probable hire is Tommy Amaker.
Big Ten resume. Has embraced tough situations and improved them.
Would be very willing to take our offer.
Very connected and would attract top notch assistants and a higher level of recruits. Would attract talented point guards and coach them up to be true floor generals that would run the show making us competitive in the Big Ten.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT