ADVERTISEMENT

Husker hoops news

This is an absolutely fantastic idea. Congrats to the people behind it. What a great opportunity for UNL and Lincoln overall.

This is an absolutely fantastic idea. Congrats to the people behind it. What a great opportunity for UNL and Lincoln overall.
Ok. Since now there are multiple of these MTE’s sprouting up this isn’t as inclusive as originally planned. It’s also likely these games have little or no fans in attendance.

based on ESPN's rankings, Breidenbach is already our highest rated hoops prospect ever

yes sir, he’s ranked Top 53 in the country and at one point in time he was top 43 in the country via Rivals (he ended up being dropped some when a 5 star Guard transferred in and they ran the ball through him).

Reactions: John_J_Rambo
I love the looks of our big men this year (Eduardo Andre, Chris Walker and Yvan Ouedraogo in snap shot below). The size and length have been upgraded.

You can tell Yvan has definitely hit the weight room hard this offseason....he looks a lot stronger and ready for the BIG 10 grind.

Last edited:
Nothing against Husker football but Freddy's hoops teams the next 3-5 years have me so excited I can hardly wait. The roof will will be coming off PBA in the near future.

agreed, except I expect our football and basketball teams both to be winning within the next year to 3. Fred’s going to build our basketball team into a respectable basketball team. That’s as far I’ll take that...for now.

Reactions: ATX Husker
I'm intrigued by the MTE event in Lincoln, however the question that remains is - How many, if any, fans will be allowed to attend? I have season tickets for NU men's basketball but I'm not expecting to be able to attend any games this season due to the virus limitations.

I'm intrigued by the MTE event in Lincoln, however the question that remains is - How many, if any, fans will be allowed to attend? I have season tickets for NU men's basketball but I'm not expecting to be able to attend any games this season due to the virus limitations.

When are they going to announce the basketball schedule?
I suppose if there not planning on having any fans it isn’t a priority to put one out but November 25 is getting closer and closer for the start of the season..

Reactions: John_J_Rambo
I think they announced it was going to be in a bubble, which means there will probably be no fans attending.

I have season tickets too and I’m waiting for that invoice, but since there is no schedule it’s hard to know how much to bill us.

I have understood that there will likely be no non-conference schedule save for the MTE type of events and that the conference portion of the schedule would not start until January. So with that in mind the earliest anyone could potentially attend games in person would be January. So ticket invoices likely wouldn't go out until November if even then. I'm also waiting to hear how they are going to handle volleyball as I have season tickets for that as well.

When are they going to announce the basketball schedule?
I suppose if there not planning on having any fans it isn’t a priority to put one out but November 25 is getting closer and closer for the start of the season..
I love college sports more than pro sports but one of the main reasons is the atmosphere. Everything will just feel off until we get a full arena or stadium and unfortunately that won't be any time soon. Guess we should just be happy they are playing. Glad local area seniors have been playing

ADVERTISEMENT