ADVERTISEMENT

Husker Hoops Exhibition vs. Chadron State

Where does the hoops program go from here? If Fred Hoiberg and Tim Miles couldn't win here, then who could? Maybe McDermott, but that will never happen. But he seems to have the formula for building a winning program in this state. So hire Darian DeVries and try to replicate the Creighton program here?
Formula =bagman

My take is another Tim Miles-ish hire who isn’t such a douche bag. There are some good young coaches to be had who have run programs. The assistant coach/smaller school head coach is a good debate. Fred should have been a great hire. At some point one has to think it’s us and not him.
You thought Tim Miles was a douche bag?

You thought Tim Miles was a douche bag?
Um yeah. I knew that from the first time I met him back in the 80s. The hope was that he could recruit with his wackiness and social media presence. It sorta worked. I really thought Fred would draw in more bigtime talent than he has.

Um yeah. I knew that from the first time I met him back in the 80s. The hope was that he could recruit with his wackiness and social media presence. It sorta worked. I really thought Fred would draw in more bigtime talent than he has.
Hmm that’s odd. My parents know he and his brother. Never heard of him being a douche bag and it definitely didn’t come off that way in his job here either. They grew up near my parents in Northeast South Dakota.

Reactions: mgbreis
Eagles would have beat them if played in Chadron.... Eastern Nebraskan's cant hack it out there in the best area of the state.

If Frost's deal was to win 6 games, I wonder what Fred's deal is. Finish the season at .500?

Eagles would have beat them if played in Chadron.... Eastern Nebraskan's cant hack it out there in the best area of the state.
Shots fired!
bloods-crips.gif

Huskers dropped their charity exhibition game in Boulder yesterday 72-61. Closer than I thought it would be, once I heard Derrick Walker wasn't playing. Hoiberg just said it was a medical issue, but didn't elaborate.

Buffs are not great this year, though they have a couple of very good players returning. K.J. Simpson is a solid point guard who can score, and he pretty much had his way with the Husker guards. Game was fairly competitive though, after a terrible 0-10 start for NU.

Most amusing part of the radio broadcast was in the postgame, when Fred said he only opened up 20% of the playbook against Chadron and CU and he's excited to unveil the full package in upcoming games. Yeah Fred, I'll bet B1G opponents are shittin' themselves over that prospect.

Hmm that’s odd. My parents know he and his brother. Never heard of him being a douche bag and it definitely didn’t come off that way in his job here either. They grew up near my parents in Northeast South Dakota.
I was around him when he was a young coach. I’m not saying he was an ass. He was just goofy.

that said, I think his personality was I’ll suited to coach a B1G team. I really don’t think he related well to most B1G level talent. I believe he’s much better suited to a MVC level conference.

Last edited:
Huskers dropped their charity exhibition game in Boulder yesterday 72-61. Closer than I thought it would be, once I heard Derrick Walker wasn't playing. Hoiberg just said it was a medical issue, but didn't elaborate.

Buffs are not great this year, though they have a couple of very good players returning. K.J. Simpson is a solid point guard who can score, and he pretty much had his way with the Husker guards. Game was fairly competitive though, after a terrible 0-10 start for NU.

Most amusing part of the radio broadcast was in the postgame, when Fred said he only opened up 20% of the playbook against Chadron and CU and he's excited to unveil the full package in upcoming games. Yeah Fred, I'll bet B1G opponents are shittin' themselves over that prospect.
Having Walker in street clothes didn’t help. Shooting 20% from 3 isn’t going to cut it though regardless. This team can’t throw it in the ocean.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT