ADVERTISEMENT

Husker Curse....

Solana Beach Husker

Offensive Coordinator
Aug 8, 2008
Here is the deal made:

Sometime between the Thanksgiving game 2001 and the Big 12 championship game 2001 a husker lover asked a higher or (lower) power to grant us a BCS championship game birth...if the wish was granted the huskers would not win another championship of any kind for _____ years.

Fill in the blank...

Here is the deal made:

Sometime between the Thanksgiving game 2001 and the Big 12 championship game 2001 a husker lover asked a higher or (lower) power to grant us a BCS championship game birth...if the wish was granted the huskers would not win another championship of any kind for _____ years.

Fill in the blank...

I love conspiracy theories.

Part of this is our curse as men. We were shitty men back in our Glory Days, in Nebraska, as a football team. That shit is indisputable. Don't make me bring up examples.

Hence the trade off...

The Nebraska Women's Volleyball Team will Rule!!!

I'm serious

3e85327dc96ccf39b148f5a4be90c10c.jpg

Here is the deal made:

Fill in the blank...

Nebraska died with the triple option.

Great CFB defenses destroy that set???

Now, the only people running it are the Academies. They run it well. Who knows if it would be successful in today's game. Hard to say.

Reactions: bshirt73
About 13 years ago, A buddy of mine told me he thought that the early 90s NU administration made a pact with Lucifer for 90s championships, but had to have suffering there in after. I’m really starting to buy into this.

Reactions: tyrusraymondcobb
We ran our option as a wrinkle not the base though. I think Osborne's offense would still put defenses on their heels today.

With the right personnel homie. Admit that, or be a dunce like many, many other newbies on this board.

I think it died. Frankie tried to run with it, but he looked like a toad in recruiting. Can you see that guy working a living room? Sucked.

With the right personnel homie. Admit that, or be a dunce like many, many other newbies on this board.

I think it died. Frankie tried to run with it, but he looked like a toad in recruiting. Can you see that guy working a living room? Sucked.

Frankie was out of his element.

Frankie was out of his element.

Yep and most everyone was 100% behind it. We were all arrogant from the administration, athletic department, and fans to just believe everything would continue as is. Had the 1999 Texas game not been fumbled away, who knows what would have happened? Frank could have become another legend OR he may have been another Larry Coker.

About 13 years ago, A buddy of mine told me he thought that the early 90s NU administration made a pact with Lucifer for 90s championships, but had to have suffering there in after. I’m really starting to buy into this.

I’ve joked about this for years. The longer we get away from the 90s, the less funny it gets and the more you wonder.

We ran our option as a wrinkle not the base though. I think Osborne's offense would still put defenses on their heels today.

It would absolutely put defenses on their heels today. Problem is Omaha isn’t producing a D1 worthy RB almost every year to stock the roster.

If someone would have told us in 1998 that Scott Frost would return to be HC in 20 years, we probably would have assumed the Osborne offense never left.

Here is the deal made:

Fill in the blank...

The curse happened in 1997. When Frank Solich was the successor we were done. THe biggest driver is also when we switched from Coke to Pepsi. When we finally come home to Coke, we will win again just like that.

The curse happened in 1997. When Frank Solich was the successor we were done. THe biggest driver is also when we switched from Coke to Pepsi. When we finally come home to Coke, we will win again just like that.

Hold up. We used to be coke? When did we switch? Coke is certainly superior. I'd buy into this, though it could be part of a larger conspiracy, a symptom of the problem.

Reactions: Sinomatic
Agree.

Nebraska went wrong when Osborne handed off the keys to that idiot.
I gotta ask....

And, just for some background....I asked another poster the very question I'm going to ask you, and all he did was delve into insults and topic changes, which was again followed by insults. I hope you can do better....

Considering Solich gave Nebraska their last Big 12 title, and as well as their last NC game appearance, what has Nebraska gained since firing him?

Last edited:
TO’s shot calling when he left is what did

We could have had just about every coach in the nation if they open up a coaching search

McBride could have done it too. Had he been giving total control of his staff.

but if I was going to go with a curse, it’s the curse of rivals. Ever since recruiting services have been big on the net, we’ve been awful.

Not letting Bill Byrne hire Urban Meyer as the head football coach. Being forced to promote Frank.
Not letting Bill Byrne build a new athletic facility
Forcing Bill Byrne to leave for Texas A&M

Please stop with everyone wanted Solich. It has been pointed out that Byrne had other irons in the fire. Osborne took it out of Byrne's hands the day he announced his retirement. As far as Solich's success the next couple of years it was on Osborne's coattails... Get a picture of the roster for the 2004 spring game and it will be obvious to all what happened to the football program..

Totally disagree......that "idiot" won the BigXII championship and another year got us to the NC game. Pray tell sir, who has done either one of those since?

He couldnt' recruit worth a damn and when it was all his guys we sucked. End of story.

He couldnt' recruit worth a damn and when it was all his guys we sucked. End of story.
Nebraska played for a national championship in 2001. The only Osborne guys that would have been left would have been seniors that had redshirted Osborne's last season. Everyone else were Solich recruits...same with the 2003 team that went 9-3.

Well, he sure didn't give NU all those losing seasons that the HCs after Frank did. I guess we can hate him for that too.....

Well, maybe we should have gotten somebody like the Coach at AF. My nephew plays there, those kids flat out play hard and work the triple option to death.

Probably the answer if Frost collapses. Right now, unless he gets some descent WR, it could go down that road.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT