ADVERTISEMENT

Husker Board's 20 Most Bizarre Moments...

....at least I paid him $5,500 to do it over a 6 month period while we were seeing him....

That is a f'ed up deal. If I remember right, that thread turned into a bunch of stories about the most screwed up things peoples ex's have done to them, some crazy tales.

I liked that guy a few years ago who complained that Nebraska had no good restaurants. This was based on the fact that he had lived somewhere in Indiana that sold bottomless nachos for $4 or $5.

He had been to the mountaintop of restaurant food, and Nebraska did not stack up.

Oh
My
Goodness
Somehow I either missed all that last stuff or just somehow blocked it all out😂

I liked that guy a few years ago who complained that Nebraska had no good restaurants. This was based on the fact that he had lived somewhere in Indiana that sold bottomless nachos for $4 or $5.

He had been to the mountaintop of restaurant food, and Nebraska did not stack up.

I remember that. It was like a Bonanza with an all you can eat something. But Brother Sebastian’s was subpar. Ha ha ha

I remember trying to engage with that dude after Pelini was fired and he was so far off his rocker. I was young and Mia e to think that ‘he’s a mod, he can’t be this insane.’ That’s when I learned that you don’t have to be a real adult to be a moderator on an internet message board. And chances are, that an internet moderator isn’t a real adult (no offense to our wonderful mods, don’t ban me).

Mental illness knows no bounds.

Reactions: GretnaShawn

I can say the same about 99% of the places to eat in nebraska -- the state specializes in bland, fast, or tasteless food. If it's not the worst state to eat out in the country it's trying REALLY hard. Subway is a joke.

... uh... no... I based it on living in 8 states and driving a million miles and used that place as an example of how much of a joke the state can be in comparison. Because that place in Indiana (mucho mas in Laporte, Indiana to be specific) was random as hell. Talk about a selective memory.

...seriously tuco you had to drag this up? You should know from that thread I've got a mouth lol... and you caught me on a night I'm bored... so what the hell. Just the one post....

... Nebraska food gets you fed. The steak is great. That's about it. Hell it is a running gag not to eat the fish for damn reason (as one of MANY, MAAAAANY examples). It's mostly overpriced food and mediocre.

Americanized Mexican food? Check. And that's not a compliment. ( see : el matador, columbus)

Sugarized, overbattered Chinese food? Check. (See :everywhere) Also not a compliment.

The place as a whole is not on the Michelin star scale. Or close. There is a reason you don't hear about virtually anything on a national or world scale and it's sure as hell not because they're a hidden gem.

North Dakota does american breakfasts better for the money. Kansas city or Texas or North Carolina or even Memphis does BBQ better. Asian food i lived in Seattle and it's not in the same time zone. I've had better Mexican in Minnesota and that's saying something because the Mexican is awful up here for obvious reasons.

They do steaks well and as a whole that's it. Too many buffets, bad salad bars, or fast food.

I do miss Nick's in Blair though... random hole in the wall did some DAMN good Italian. And miss runzas. And miss chicken hearts of all things. And cream cans. And the occasional guy who knew how to bbq. And chefs secret. And kolaches in Clarkson. And the prime rib in Juniata. The church bazaar dinners were pretty good for the money.

So good things... but I can name better.

...I'm not doing the thread over again though. I gave up last time when people named examples for me to try and the first two my wife and I went to were awful. I was living in heartwell when I did that original thread while my wife was travel nursing. I haven't lived in Nebraska for about 5 or 6 years (I've lived there for a total of about 25 though, and I've been to around 1500 farm equipment sales/auctions in damn near the whole state and went to high school in Omaha area... so yeah... i've eaten a LOT of places in that state).

....worst food ever was the godfathers in Blair. Omfg instant vomit. To be fair this was 20 or 30 years ago. Pretty sure it no longer exists and the world is better off.

... uh... no... I based it on living in 8 states and driving a million miles and used that place as an example of how much of a joke the state can be in comparison. Because that place in Indiana (mucho mas in Laporte, Indiana to be specific) was random as hell. Talk about a selective memory.

...seriously tuco you had to drag this up? You should know from that thread I've got a mouth lol... and you caught me on a night I'm bored... so what the hell. Just the one post....

... Nebraska food gets you fed. The steak is great. That's about it. Hell it is a running gag not to eat the fish for damn reason (as one of MANY, MAAAAANY examples). It's mostly overpriced food and mediocre.

Americanized Mexican food? Check. And that's not a compliment. ( see : el matador, columbus)

Sugarized, overbattered Chinese food? Check. (See :everywhere) Also not a compliment.

The place as a whole is not on the Michelin star scale. Or close. There is a reason you don't hear about virtually anything on a national or world scale and it's sure as hell not because they're a hidden gem.

North Dakota does american breakfasts better for the money. Kansas city or Texas or North Carolina or even Memphis does BBQ better. Asian food i lived in Seattle and it's not in the same time zone. I've had better Mexican in Minnesota and that's saying something because the Mexican is awful up here for obvious reasons.

They do steaks well and as a whole that's it. Too many buffets, bad salad bars, or fast food.

I do miss Nick's in Blair though... random hole in the wall did some DAMN good Italian. And miss runzas. And miss chicken hearts of all things. And cream cans. And the occasional guy who knew how to bbq. And chefs secret. And kolaches in Clarkson. And the prime rib in Juniata. The church bazaar dinners were pretty good for the money.

So good things... but I can name better.

...I'm not doing the thread over again though. I gave up last time when people named examples for me to try and the first two my wife and I went to were awful. I was living in heartwell when I did that original thread while my wife was travel nursing. I haven't lived in Nebraska for about 5 or 6 years (I've lived there for a total of about 25 though, and I've been to around 1500 farm equipment sales/auctions in damn near the whole state and went to high school in Omaha area... so yeah... i've eaten a LOT of places in that state).

....worst food ever was the godfathers in Blair. Omfg instant vomit. To be fair this was 20 or 30 years ago. Pretty sure it no longer exists and the world is better off.
$5 bottomless nachos? Count me in. Where's that at?

It wasn't on this board, but the most bizarre I've ever seen was when HobokenJoe threatened to kill me because I said Richie has an anger management problem. He was all over the boards that night. BRR, HP, HPH, Rivals. That guy frigging lost it in epic fashion.

Yah that guy laid into me with a post on a thread on the scout board about Richie's behavior in the PSU game. I suggested that Richie should be suspended for a half or a game because I don't think it's appropriate to spit on people and you can't let that type of behavior slide. That drew a "Your'e not fit to tie Richie's shoes" rant with some other comments.

I wouldn't call this a bizarre post but it is one of my favorites because I appreciate humor. I thought C3PO's drawers story was hilarious, told to perfection.

Didn't Sam McKewon post under the name Panda Tangent or something like that?

Yes, HTO, BubbleGum, etc under all his various names loved to pull up old messages to try to bully posters. I never understood why he was allowed to do that - he would be put on a break but would come back with a new name and continue on. I wouldn't be surprised if he's still here now - if I suddenly disappear he's probably reported me and I've been put on a vacation.

Nope. Said toppers was better than any of the shit in Nebraska before it got there.. and that toppers wasn't as good as it used to be before it went national. I had had it when it was a tiny ass chain in Wisconsin. How anyone got toppers is great out of that... it's decent and I defended it because Nebraska pizza as a whole is god effing awful.

For chrissake if you're going to rip on me at least do it for real reasons.

The nachos I was referring to was $10 for a 14" plate a couple inches high with organic ingredients. The nachos were awesome.

Nope. Said toppers was better than any of the shit in Nebraska before it got there.. and that toppers wasn't as good as it used to be before it went national. I had had it when it was a tiny ass chain in Wisconsin. How anyone got toppers is great out of that... it's decent and I defended it because Nebraska pizza as a whole is god effing awful.

For chrissake if you're going to rip on me at least do it for real reasons.

The nachos I was referring to was $10 for a 14" plate a couple inches high with organic ingredients. The nachos were awesome.

Nah. Toppers has always sucked. I lived in Madison for few years .. garbage.

Nah. Toppers has always sucked. I lived in Madison for few years .. garbage.

Says something that the stuff in nebraska is worse doesn't it?

The topperstix are puke-enducing, so that's about as bad. i don't mind their pizza for the price. if i want good i'll go to albano's in michigan city, in. I'd find some in chicago itself but i detest cities. new york style the best i've had is in rochester, mn. there's a decent spot a few blocks from the hospital. i generally detest thin crust though so that one's harder.

compressed_9dece4002b76c69be028736a941870edc089a9d2da9094253931c90d94ec2bd6.jpg

• Haha
Reactions: Kleitusbpn
click on the link

That was something. The dude only ate bar food and lower end restaurants and then complains that they stink.

I have family in Wisconsin. I go multiple times a year. The food is mediocre at best. Do you know why? Because my in-laws only want fish fry takeout from crap hole bars or fast food. You know what I don’t do? Blast the entire states food because I only eat bar food when I’m there.

That was something. The dude only ate bar food and lower end restaurants and then complains that they stink.

I have family in Wisconsin. I go multiple times a year. The food is mediocre at best. Do you know why? Because my in-laws only want fish fry takeout from crap hole bars or fast food. You know what I don’t do? Blast the entire states food because I only eat bar food when I’m there.

You are logical.

I'm glad I was able to find it, it was good to read it again.

Uh... no. I hate bar food. And I definitely tried some of the places recommended and they weren't any better.

Sin city in gi was one of the places that was recommended. Couldn't order 1/4 of the menu because they were out of cheese and the burger was rare.

How am I supposed to be impressed?

I
And because I am bored as hell and everything is closed down here. Plus this thread was also a good one. Sorry @litespeedhuskerfan

I just read that entire thread....wow. I told it gospel to, in fact I left a few items off the table for fear people would think I was making it up.

Lots of great stuff in there though from a lot of posters. Thanks to all for sharing.

Uh... no. I hate bar food. And I definitely tried some of the places recommended and they weren't any better.

Sin city in gi was one of the places that was recommended. Couldn't order 1/4 of the menu because they were out of cheese and the burger was rare.

How am I supposed to be impressed?

I read the first page of that thread. You mentioned the following:

Good places in NE: Steakhouses. Donut shop. Burger joint. Habatchi place. Gyros. Voodoo taco. Italian place.

Good places elsewhere: bottomless nachos, Toppers pizza and other pizza places.

Complaints about NE places: Anthony’s. Salad bars.

How else should I consider your food choices? Pizza, bottomless nachos, burgers, gyros, hibachi.

Yes, you mentioned an Italian place and you mentioned steakhouses. Which your objection is salad bars. Outside of The Drover, which nice steakhouse has a salad bar?

Your argument is basically that you eat at cheap places and are shocked they aren’t great. And then extrapolate that there must be no good places at all.

Says something that the stuff in nebraska is worse doesn't it?

The topperstix are puke-enducing, so that's about as bad. i don't mind their pizza for the price. if i want good i'll go to albano's in michigan city, in. I'd find some in chicago itself but i detest cities. new york style the best i've had is in rochester, mn. there's a decent spot a few blocks from the hospital. i generally detest thin crust though so that one's harder.

Cold Valentino’s on game day is way better than Toppers.

Madison had a few good food spots. Great Dane and merchant were good spots.

Didn't Sam McKewon post under the name Panda Tangent or something like that?

Yes, HTO, BubbleGum, etc under all his various names loved to pull up old messages to try to bully posters. I never understood why he was allowed to do that - he would be put on a break but would come back with a new name and continue on. I wouldn't be surprised if he's still here now - if I suddenly disappear he's probably reported me and I've been put on a vacation.

Honestly, the mods were ALL IN back then on THE STREAK and were just as bad as some of the posters l!cking his ball$. For some reason, they were scared to death of him.

SUP. I BRING THE GOODS.

Reactions: VandallHuskerJulie
click on the link

Thank you!!! An hour I'll never get back!!!:)
I WAS pleased to see my hometown favorite CHANCES 'R, MOSTLY well received...:)

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT