ADVERTISEMENT

Husker Board's 20 Most Bizarre Moments...

Manhatter threatening to blow up a gym after a women’s basketball loss in the tournament. The dozens and dozens of South Carolina fans that went bat shit crazy on
our board after the game. I’ve never experienced that level of vitriol and nuts, ever.

Wasn’t that in 2011 our first year in the Big 10 in the Citrus Bowl?

Hahahahaha!

That guy was such a loon.

And didn't he love the internet bet? "Bet 50 billion dollars, we will have a middle man hold the cash, you won't do it though, will you, pussy"

Or the avatar bets? Then he would act like it was such a big deal that he held up his end of the bet.

Who the **** cares, it is an avatar.

And some of that stuff he would lose it over. This is basically how I remember every exchange.

HTO: Brandon Thompson is the best lineman on the team.

Poster: I don’t think he played very well when he got in Saturday.

HTO: Bet you won’t say that to my face you cum guzzling cock whore. Meet me at the Devaney in 20 minutes, I’ll beat your ass and burn down your house.

Mods: HTO you are banned for 5 minutes, sorry.

HTO: I didn’t do a dam thing, you asshole. You are just jealous because you have a fat slut wife and you’ve always been afraid to fight me.

HTO 5 minutes later: We will have a commit in 27 minutes and another next Tuesday (he’s right).

Didn't somebody on here create and post a fake article about another team's QB getting arrested for something. Pretty sure they got sued and it was a big thing. It was so long ago, I'm probably remembering wrong. 2006 maybe?
That was on the old Scout board, but he does post here now.

Manhatter threatening to blow up a gym after a women’s basketball loss in the tournament. The dozens and dozens of South Carolina fans that went bat shit crazy on
our board after the game. I’ve never experienced that level of vitriol and nuts, ever.
Yes. The gamecock horde was a sight to behold.

Does anyone remember the old CBS message boards? They had pages for all college football teams back in the day.

One guy -- his name was The Notorious King Of Trash -- just spammed up a ton of those boards all day -- for years -- to the point where his activity up there got discussed at a CBS board meeting according to one of the mods. I bet he posted 1000 times a day.

Reactions: headcard
On the old scout board wasn’t there a Nebraska fan that made accusations about Oklahoma players? Or is the the same thing
Same thing. He lifted a blank Oklahoman template and wrote a fake article about the OU quarterbacks getting busted for selling drugs or something. The OU board flipped out and then the father of the players sued him. If I remember correctly, he was banned from entering Oklahoma for a while, lol.

And some of that stuff he would lose it over. This is basically how I remember every exchange.

HTO: Bet you won’t say that to my face you cum guzzling cock whore. Meet me at the Devaney in 20 minutes, I’ll beat your ass and burn down your house.

HTO: I didn’t do a dam thing, you asshole. You are just jealous because you have a fat slut wife and you’ve always been afraid to fight me.

HTO 5 minutes later: We will have a commit in 27 minutes and another next Tuesday (he’s right).

Substitute throw a brick through a window and you might be on to something....... The interweb is a fine place to be.

Lol. It's like being transported 5 years back.

Didn't he also claim to be somehow involved in the Pelini / Cornhusker basement thing?

Same thing. He lifted a blank Oklahoman template and wrote a fake article about the OU quarterbacks getting busted for selling drugs or something. The OU board flipped out and then the father of the players sued him. If I remember correctly, he was banned from entering Oklahoma for a while, lol.
Yep what a tool

Reactions: Spectrumalaska
It would be hilarious to actually know which posters are local media members. You know they're all on here.

I got muted twice calling out HTO, he proudly had me on his blocked poster list, but seemed to be able to read what I said.

I hear he is in Chile high on a mountain, lost with North Stadium.

The Oklahoma quarterback thing was a black eye to Husker fans.
Who thinks it is fandom to create a news story accusing top qb, and another top recruit of getting busted for selling cocaine?

Like the Alabama guy that poisoned the oak trees spooky that.

Lol. It's like being transported 5 years back.

Didn't he also claim to be somehow involved in the Pelini / Cornhusker basement thing?

I think so. That whole saga should would probably be near the top of my Top 20 list, that was really something.

Reactions: Spectrumalaska
It would be hilarious to actually know which posters are local media members. You know they're all on here.

Damon Benning used to post on here under Frontrunner. Same McKewon was on here under his real name, long before getting hired by OWH.

Reactions: CatColumbia
Ha! Yes! HTO said that the guy that was beat up in the basement came over to his tailgate right after it happened and was white as a ghost!

Yep!!! THERE he is!!!

I remember trying to engage with that dude after Pelini was fired and he was so far off his rocker. I was young and Mia e to think that ‘he’s a mod, he can’t be this insane.’ That’s when I learned that you don’t have to be a real adult to be a moderator on an internet message board. And chances are, that an internet moderator isn’t a real adult (no offense to our wonderful mods, don’t ban me).

I remember trying to engage with that dude after Pelini was fired and he was so far off his rocker. I was young and Mia e to think that ‘he’s a mod, he can’t be this insane.’ That’s when I learned that you don’t have to be a real adult to be a moderator on an internet message board. And chances are, that an internet moderator isn’t a real adult (no offense to our wonderful mods, don’t ban me).

Nice to know U finally figure out how to change your sig avatar..

Dude, tell the story!

Didn't he meet you at Tanners or something? The dude harassed you about your car for years!

And who cares if there was rust, I mean, besides that guy!

Fox and Hound before they went out of business on Center. I really don't think he even saw my car, which makes him even more insane.

Fox and Hound before they went out of business on Center. I really don't think he even saw my car, which makes him even more insane.
Fox and Hound!!!

Was he annoying in person or normal? I could see him totally making it a big deal that he showed up to pay up on his loss.

It wasn't on this board, but the most bizarre I've ever seen was when HobokenJoe threatened to kill me because I said Richie has an anger management problem. He was all over the boards that night. BRR, HP, HPH, Rivals. That guy frigging lost it in epic fashion.

Reactions: tpmcg and headcard
He said he was a nurse and would never capitalize he sentences. I told him he was insane. He proceeded to stalk me and kept calling me names. Then he tried to fix up his daughter to someone on the board. Then he admitted to pilfering the Goodwill bin to get his Husker clothes.
Still remember @superman787 absolutely destroyed Rick over the dumpster diving deal. That s**t was hilarious 🤣.

ADVERTISEMENT