ADVERTISEMENT

Husker BBall In Spain

They were trying to work out an agreement with a local broadcaster to get them streamed, but it didn’t work out. Box scores and twitter commentary will be the extent of it.

After the 1st quarter

- Cross is a lot better than I thought, very smart with the ball
- Banton is way more aggressive and has better handles than I thought
- We push the rock quickly
- Burke is a big part of that
- Like I said in my previous post Kavas is going to be a weapon
- Not like anyone didn't know this, but we are really small
- Stevenson uses his size to his advantage
- The team is very versatile
- Would like to see more from Cheatham and Green

Second Quarter

- Cheatham must of got told after the 1st quarter, get your ass in gear and play some ball. He took over the 2nd quarter
- Burke had a pretty sweet jam
- Green made a layup
- From the looks of this there is going to be pretty equal playing time for all in this Italy trip
- We seem to be killing them on the boards even though we are small
- Really fast hands on defense (1st and 2nd quarter)
- Our versatility is crazy, we go 9 deep (Thor, Kavas, Cheatham, Green, Burke, Banton, Cross, Stevenson, Curtis) Easley also put in some quality minutes... Did not see Arop play at all
- I like our style of play after this first half!

3rd Quarter

- Cross is really impressing me, he is more than just a big man! Well more than just an undersized big man. He has a lot more to his game IMO
- Banton can really handle the ball for his size, I did not know this!
- Green left a kids jock strap on the floor at the 7:45 mark in the 3rd quarter... and another really good take at the 4:45 mark
- Burke seems to still have the Miles hero ball mentality
- Started the half very flat
- I would love for Hoiberg to try and get the Italian teams #14 so we could have a post player
- We had a little more hesitation in the 3rd Cheatham's travel and Thor's carry stick out
- To add to that Thor is the only player I feel like hasn't contributed much
- I may have spoke too soon on Kavas, he went 0-fer in the 3rd and looked sluggish

Not going to be able to watch the 4th

Second Quarter

- Cheatham must of got told after the 1st quarter, get your ass in gear and play some ball. He took over the 2nd quarter
- Burke had a pretty sweet jam
- Green made a layup
- From the looks of this there is going to be pretty equal playing time for all in this Italy trip
- We seem to be killing them on the boards even though we are small
- Really fast hands on defense (1st and 2nd quarter)
- Our versatility is crazy, we go 9 deep (Thor, Kavas, Cheatham, Green, Burke, Banton, Cross, Stevenson, Curtis) Easley also put in some quality minutes... Did not see Arop play at all
- I like our style of play after this first half!
Arop didn't make the trip bc he didn't get his paperwork done.

I can’t wait to see Yvan in the line up. On 24/7 he’s one of the highest rated players we have ever gotten. Has a .94 or .95 ranking. He’s going to be our power player down low along with Cross. Young but talented big men.

And it’s going to be nice having pretty much ever player on the team being able to score. Cheatham, Burke, Green, Mack, Kavas, Banton, Yvan and Curtis can all light it up. This won’t be anywhere near the old Husker we are used to, where only a couple can score. Not this team, when they start to mesh and we get our actual starting 5 figured out...look out.

guessing he's referring to passport paperwork

That's pretty disappointing that a kid had the opportunity to take a trip to Europe, and he didn't get his paperwork in order. He really missed out on an opportunity that he may never get again. I wonder how pissed the coaching staff was.

That's pretty disappointing that a kid had the opportunity to take a trip to Europe, and he didn't get his paperwork in order. He really missed out on an opportunity that he may never get again. I wonder how pissed the coaching staff was.
I don't know if Arop was born in the U.S. or not but there can be some pretty daunting complications for international travel if he wasn't. It may not have been his fault.

I don't know if Arop was born in the U.S. or not but there can be some pretty daunting complications for international travel if he wasn't. It may not have been his fault.

I was thinking the same. My sweet lady is from Sudan like I’m pretty sure Arop is as well. We don’t have any problems traveling abroad though.

Any info on when the games are going on?

I was thinking the same. My sweet lady is from Sudan like I’m pretty sure Arop is as well. We don’t have any problems traveling abroad though.

Any info on when the games are going on?
You forgot the board rules. Pics or else. Alot depends on how your immigration was handled. There are people who fall through the cracks and don't realize that they never officially became U.S. citizens until they go to enlist in the armed services or apply for a passport. Foreign adoptions can be a sticky wicket too.

Gophers did end up winning, 84-79. The team from Italy had a few players today that didn't play yesterday. I have no idea the quality of players, but apparently some had to work yesterday. Not making this up, was mentioned on today's stream.

that's hilarious.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT