ADVERTISEMENT

Hunter Sallis - top 12 list

jlb321

Defensive Coordinator
Aug 8, 2014
Creighton but no UNeb - ouch
Maybe an oversight/mistake?

Can’t blame him. What great, young basketball player in their right mind would want to play for the worst P5 basketball program in history?
Oh, I don't know, one with balls the size of basketballs? One that knows it takes one stud. One that knows that Hoiberg knows his shit and has won in college enough to get a NBA job.

But on the other hand what great young basketball player goes elsewhere? See Matt Hill and plenty of others that never did much at big time Bball schools.

Reactions: 9and4 and TheNewNU
Oh, I don't know, one with balls the size of basketballs? One that knows it takes one stud. One that knows that Hoiberg knows his shit and has won in college enough to get a NBA job.

But on the other hand what great young basketball player goes elsewhere? See Matt Hill and plenty of others that never did much at big time Bball schools.
He'll want to transfer back here within 2 years after riding the bench at KU. Hoiberg might have room for him then.

Last edited:
Nebraska is playing the long game here. They are waiting for him to enroll somewhere else and then enter the portal.

if he finishes the high school season ranked in the overall top 20, he will have to turn down $500k and an invite to the G League to sign with any of these 12 schools.

Ha yep.. whatever Hoiberg’s selling, he ain’t buying.
In Hoiberg's defense, Miles had been pursuing this kid hard for quite a while before he was fired. When you are already a long shot it is hard for a successor coach to come in and gain traction.

Reactions: Red I 73
Ever since LeBron had "The Decision", everyone and their dog has got in on the act......Just pick a school and be done with it!

"Narrowed" down to 12(!) schools...Give me a break!

my only take away would be we were never even a consideration. I'd never bash a high schooler for wanting his 15 minutes of fame, but 12 schools is a large public facing narrow down.

if he finishes the high school season ranked in the overall top 20, he will have to turn down $500k and an invite to the G League to sign with any of these 12 schools.
But he can make $500k a year at UK, still get to play basketball in front of a full house, and there’s girls in college. Not so much in the G league

Reactions: dinglefritz
But he can make $500k a year at UK, still get to play basketball in front of a full house, and there’s girls in college. Not so much in the G league

Doubt they get paid, if so Calipari would have been caught by now. It’s like saying NU pays our players.. Maybe I’m naive but these top programs are in the spotlight and everything comes to light rather quick.

ADVERTISEMENT