ADVERTISEMENT

Hunt & Legrone Suspended Indefinitely

Status
Not open for further replies.

interesting development, I'm sure we'll hear more in the coming hours/days
Explains Hunts cannon ball off the top of the depth chart.

giphy.gif

Yeah makes me wonder if there was a failed test that didn't involve sitting at a desk...
Yea, it isn't the LPD that gets a kid supsended, but what's in the plastic collection container [insert weed emogi].

Yea, it isn't the LPD that gets a kid supsended, but what's in the plastic collection container [insert weed emogi].
Dunno how you could get the other guys wrist-slapped for weed over the summer and then suspend two others game week if it was weed. I'd guess something else.

Unless they're flat out like "I don't care what you do over the summer as long as you piss clean come fall."

I would guess it's more serious than something like that. We have had a handful of guys cited for mary jane possession the past couple years and they weren't suspended. Washington is able to participate in team activities and he is being charged with a felony. I fear this isn't good.

I'm guessing they've informed the staff of their intentions to transfer as opposed to any legal issue

Reactions: jeans15
Am I connecting too many dots here ?

They were practicing last week.
Bunch of coeds back in town this past weekend and partying it up.
Suspended on Wednesday.

probably

more direct line: practicing all spring/summer/fall, depth charts come out, they leave because they're not good enough to play here

Reactions: jeans15
probably

more direct line: practicing all spring/summer/fall, depth charts come out, they leave because they're not good enough to play here

Could be. Can't remember any players leaving the program in the past that were announced as "suspended" instead of "transferring" or "entering the portal" though.

https://www.omaha.com/huskers/footb...cle_1ecbe88d-5ce2-5e35-88a7-80d6e878b15b.html

"I don't want to get in to that," Walters said. "We're going to handle it in house. Don't want to comment on it. I don't want to get into all of that. They just won't be a part of the team right now."

Why the speculation? Let the coaches handle it. I guess it makes people feel better if they make enough guesses and are eventually right, in spite of starting rumors

Reactions: aNUstart
It does not appear, as of now, to be a permanent suspension. That means, in my opinion, that they were suspended from the team conditionally, pending some disciplinary/remediating/educational task they must perform. If they do what they are asked to do and get in no further trouble, they will be allowed back.

That seems like the scenario to me and therefore does not involve weed. Must be more serious, but not SO serious (like rape) that they would just get the boot permanently.

Reactions: gw2kpro
It does not appear, as of now, to be a permanent suspension. That means, in my opinion, that they were suspended from the team conditionally, pending some disciplinary/remediating/educational task they must perform. If they do what they are asked to do and get in no further trouble, they will be allowed back.

That seems like the scenario to me and therefore does not involve weed. Must be more serious, but not SO serious (like rape) that they would just get the boot permanently.

I think it must be pretty damn serious and they are probably just waiting for all of the facts or investigations to happen. I think Frost is out of a lot of these talks and it happens at the University level. No info, but I am guessing unless something exonerates them, they are gone.

Am I connecting too many dots here ?

They were practicing last week.
Bunch of coeds back in town this past weekend and partying it up.
Suspended on Wednesday.
That’s the quickest way to get kicked off a football team and out of school without there being an arrest in the headlines. Criminal accusations would be in the news, Title IX wouldn’t. The fact that they’re only suspended probably means they’re investigating the claims. Problem is, even if innocent, Title IX doesn’t need much, if any, evidence. She said, he said, is usually enough for that.

Let’s hope that’s all it is. And they fix themselves quick. After last year I wouldn’t think it’d be the case though.

Reactions: Pennsyhusker
That’s the quickest way to get kicked off a football team and out of school without there being an arrest in the headlines. Criminal accusations would be in the news, Title IX wouldn’t. The fact that they’re only suspended probably means they’re investigating the claims. Problem is, even if innocent, Title IX doesn’t need much, if any, evidence. She said, he said, is usually enough for that.

Title IX is being used for more than its stated goals. There is no more due process for men but the tide is turning.

Reactions: Bigred_b1624
Status
Not open for further replies.
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT