ADVERTISEMENT

Hunt and LeGrone

https://www.omaha.com/sports/colleg...cle_a06406c6-0d21-5fbb-9a8b-5d15053085ba.html

Where are all the rape apologists today, like @HuskerBlueDevil? Who say women make false accusations for fame or out of shame when people find out about their encounter. Is this gal or the other six who came forward with sexual assault claims, part of your 41%? Because you know athletes would never commit sexual assault, they are just victims of greedy women looking to make a buck or name for themselves. :rolleyes:

Reactions: Winston Smith 84
Hate seeing this. Both players had great talent and could have been something...they made their own beds though...
Not a lawyer but I would think this will be a very interesting case. If key to prosecution is “without consent” how does prosecution address that. If someone is unable to give consent (drunk) it is usually found as criminal. But how does one prove crime (without consent) if there is nothing said but could have been said in regard to consent. Can it be found a crime if someone is scared to say no. If so, how does one prove needed levels of scared. Not to be feelingless on this, but it’s kind of an interesting tv show angle kind of feel to the aspects of the case.

Not the sharpest knives in the drawer:

Both men consented to searches of their phones. Police said LeGrone's phone included internet searches for "lying on a statement of sexual assault", and "how is saliva detected during sexual assault."

https://www.ketv.com/article/former...ult-case-andre-hunt-katerian-legrone/30448668

Affidavit reveals texts sent between former Huskers charged in sexual assault case

ketv.png

Updated: 12:19 PM CST Jan 9, 2020

LINCOLN, Neb. —

One of two former Huskers accused of sexually assaulting a 19-year-old woman allegedly searched for "lying on a statement of sexual assault" after initial interviews with Lincoln Police.

The Lancaster County Attorney has charged Katerian LeGrone, 19, and Andre Hunt, 20 with one count each of first-degree sexual assault for an alleged incident last August in a Lincoln apartment.

In a court affidavit, text messages obtained by police suggest Hunt urged LeGrone to tell investigators everything.

"We gotta tell the truth bruh they gonna find out it you had sex wit her," texted Hunt.

LeGrone responded: "No bruh. They not gone find out don't panic bruh just chill."

Hunt initially told police he had a consensual sexual encounter with the woman. LeGrone initially admitted only to being present, according to information in an order of probable cause filed with the court. LeGrone later said he also had consensual sex with the woman.

The 19-year-old woman filed a report with police from Lincoln's Bryan Health West on August 25th, saying she was sexually assaulted earlier that day.

She said had been invited by social media to Hunt's apartment, and when she arrived, Hunt walked her to his bedroom. Sexual contact then took place. The woman told police she felt "pressured and uncomfortable."

The woman said during the alleged sexual assault, the woman said she saw another man watching from the bedroom doorway. Later, the man she identifies as LeGrone allegedly covered her with blankets and held her head down. She alleges LeGrone proceeded to sexually assault her.

The alleged victim said she did not resist out of fear of what they could to do her.

Police questioned both men the next day. Hunt told investigators the sexual encounter was consensual. But later that day, Hunt and LeGrone voluntarily went to police to make a follow-up statement, saying both men had sex with the woman.

Both men consented to searches of their phones. Police said LeGrone's phone included internet searches for "lying on a statement of sexual assault", and "how is saliva detected during sexual assault."

The probable cause affidavit says DNA evidence links both Hunt and LeGrone to the alleged sexual assault.

Lincoln police also note they have received additional reports from other victims reporting sexual assaults and accusing Hunt and LeGrone. Those cases are under investigation.

The two former players were suspended prior to the beginning of the season.

Wonder what their nicknames will be in prison? Is there a transfer portal in prison? These are questions rolling around my mind. There isn't much else up there anyway.

Reactions: HuskerDana
https://www.omaha.com/sports/colleg...cle_a06406c6-0d21-5fbb-9a8b-5d15053085ba.html

Where are all the rape apologists today, like @HuskerBlueDevil? Who say women make false accusations for fame or out of shame when people find out about their encounter. Is this gal or the other six who came forward with sexual assault claims, part of your 41%? Because you know athletes would never commit sexual assault, they are just victims of greedy women looking to make a buck or name for themselves. :rolleyes:

Hey jackass, don't you ever call me a rape apologist. My fiancé in college was raped by a family member, which destroyed her and, as a minor aside, ended our engagement. But I also recognize facts, unlike you. I recognize that you lied when you repeatedly claimed that studies showed that only 2% of rape accusations were false, when the average of more than 50 studies was roughly 5.9%.

Rapists are the scum of the earth and should be treated that way. But by the same token, men or women falsely accused of rape exist. That is just as much of a fact as any other. In your simplistic, childish, binary way of thinking you seem to believe that because I acknowledge that some rape accusations are false that I am a rape apologist. Most people grow out of that simpleminded way of thinking about age 8-9, when they learn logical thought. Maybe someday you'll reach the level of a 9 year old in your ability to parse facts and arguments, although somehow I doubt it.

I cited studies, you cited your ass. I even stated, over and over, that the more recent studies that showed that false rape accusations were increasing as against the total of all rape accusations could be showing a trend, or could just as easily be a statistical anomaly. More studies, which I would assume are occurring, are needed to resolve that issue.

Just because you have some pathological fear of facts, or are a narcissist who believes the crap rattling around in his head over dozens of scientific studies is not my problem. The fact that you are exhibit A proving that the movie Idiocracy is becoming more of a documentary every day is no skin off my nose. But the fact that you consistently lied about what I said does bother me.

So tell me, speedboat, what were analytical flaws in the Purdue study? A study that underwent peer review before being published. And your method of analysis, based on "I don't like it and since my mommy told me I'm special, it's wrong" doesn't equate with peer review.

Hey jackass, don't you ever call me a rape apologist. My fiancé in college was raped by a family member, which destroyed her and, as a minor aside, ended our engagement. But I also recognize facts, unlike you. I recognize that you lied when you repeatedly claimed that studies showed that only 2% of rape accusations were false, when the average of more than 50 studies was roughly 5.9%.

Rapists are the scum of the earth and should be treated that way. But by the same token, men or women falsely accused of rape exist. That is just as much of a fact as any other. In your simplistic, childish, binary way of thinking you seem to believe that because I acknowledge that some rape accusations are false that I am a rape apologist. Most people grow out of that simpleminded way of thinking about age 8-9, when they learn logical thought. Maybe someday you'll reach the level of a 9 year old in your ability to parse facts and arguments, although somehow I doubt it.

I cited studies, you cited your ass. I even stated, over and over, that the more recent studies that showed that false rape accusations were increasing as against the total of all rape accusations could be showing a trend, or could just as easily be a statistical anomaly. More studies, which I would assume are occurring, are needed to resolve that issue.

Just because you have some pathological fear of facts, or are a narcissist who believes the crap rattling around in his head over dozens of scientific studies is not my problem. The fact that you are exhibit A proving that the movie Idiocracy is becoming more of a documentary every day is no skin off my nose. But the fact that you consistently lied about what I said does bother me.

So tell me, speedboat, what were analytical flaws in the Purdue study? A study that underwent peer review before being published. And your method of analysis, based on "I don't like it and since my mommy told me I'm special, it's wrong" doesn't equate with peer review.

giphy.gif

You are hilarious! I wasn’t even the one who was claiming 2%. I entered the discussion by stating how moronic it was that you kept arguing with the other poster. He was the one claiming 2% and you kept arguing 10% or that studies showed more likely in the middle at 5.9%, but you are clearly too dense to remember that. I just made the point, that the difference between 2%, 5.9% and 10% is pretty minuscule when you are talking about over a 100,000 cases a year. Then all the sudden when I pointed out the stupidity of your back and forth with the other poster, you brought up the one study that showed 41%. The truth is I don’t really care about any of the studies, they are not relevant to the charges and the additional investigations of these two young men.

Because I have triggered you, here is a DIY safe space you can create for yourself.

giphy.gif

Reactions: Winston Smith 84
In general it's not a bad business to be in, but if you are going to do it dont just think that 1 or 2 are ever going to be worth it. Like any other investment you kind of need to diversify because you can take a loss from one part but make up for it with the others and have a pretty good hedge. You kind of have to get into it knowing that at any given time you can lose 20-80% of your projected income in a year if things go sour, and that is regardless of whether it's a perfect property or a slum. The biggest mistake that people who want to get into the rental business make is thinking that they can buy 1 and it will be passive income that will make them 500 bucks or more every month in perpetuity. It's not a retirement plan, it's a business that has to deal with the same cash flow issues that any business does. If you're going to do it, you should probably have at least 10 units to get your risk down to the same level as just investing in a conservative mutual fund.
this makes me think it's better to just put some money in a REIT and call it good.

Not the sharpest knives in the drawer:

https://www.ketv.com/article/former...ult-case-andre-hunt-katerian-legrone/30448668

Affidavit reveals texts sent between former Huskers charged in sexual assault case

ketv.png

Updated: 12:19 PM CST Jan 9, 2020

LINCOLN, Neb. —

One of two former Huskers accused of sexually assaulting a 19-year-old woman allegedly searched for "lying on a statement of sexual assault" after initial interviews with Lincoln Police.

The Lancaster County Attorney has charged Katerian LeGrone, 19, and Andre Hunt, 20 with one count each of first-degree sexual assault for an alleged incident last August in a Lincoln apartment.

In a court affidavit, text messages obtained by police suggest Hunt urged LeGrone to tell investigators everything.

"We gotta tell the truth bruh they gonna find out it you had sex wit her," texted Hunt.

LeGrone responded: "No bruh. They not gone find out don't panic bruh just chill."

Hunt initially told police he had a consensual sexual encounter with the woman. LeGrone initially admitted only to being present, according to information in an order of probable cause filed with the court. LeGrone later said he also had consensual sex with the woman.

The 19-year-old woman filed a report with police from Lincoln's Bryan Health West on August 25th, saying she was sexually assaulted earlier that day.

She said had been invited by social media to Hunt's apartment, and when she arrived, Hunt walked her to his bedroom. Sexual contact then took place. The woman told police she felt "pressured and uncomfortable."

The woman said during the alleged sexual assault, the woman said she saw another man watching from the bedroom doorway. Later, the man she identifies as LeGrone allegedly covered her with blankets and held her head down. She alleges LeGrone proceeded to sexually assault her.

The alleged victim said she did not resist out of fear of what they could to do her.

Police questioned both men the next day. Hunt told investigators the sexual encounter was consensual. But later that day, Hunt and LeGrone voluntarily went to police to make a follow-up statement, saying both men had sex with the woman.

The probable cause affidavit says DNA evidence links both Hunt and LeGrone to the alleged sexual assault.

Lincoln police also note they have received additional reports from other victims reporting sexual assaults and accusing Hunt and LeGrone. Those cases are under investigation.

The two former players were suspended prior to the beginning of the season.
I know criminals are dumb, and they probably would've had the phones searched anyways after a warrant (not a lawyer so just spitballing), but if you knew you said and searched those things, why would you agree to have your phones searched?

I know criminals are dumb, and they probably would've had the phones searched anyways after a warrant (not a lawyer so just spitballing), but if you knew you said and searched those things, why would you agree to have your phones searched?
The search is irrelevant. The texting was dumb. Their statements made to title IX investigators were dumb. They definitely were involved in some shady stuff. I don't know if it ever got to the level of actual rape or sexual assault or not. That's all still to be determined in court if they're guilty or not.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT