ADVERTISEMENT

Hunt and LeGrone news

Status
Not open for further replies.
99+% of rape cases are nothing like this. Associating these two players with this is BS.

Here I thought you were more of a picture book type reader. But it seems even with pictures the message alludes you. I haven’t accused these guys of rape, neither have I accused her of lying. The point of my posts, was to argue with the morons (this includes you) who keep implying that failing to say no or fight back is akin to her giving consent. The purpose of the photos of those who said no, is to give basis for why some women might not say no or fight back. I encourage you to go back and read my posts. Read slowly, sound out each word. You can do it buddy, I believe in you.

A lot of sanctimonious monks on this thread. I sure hope some of your dads, sons, grandsons nephews, good friends get kicked out of school or lose their job based on an unproven allegation. Don't worry........it will happen one day. That's life in the age of She Too......

A lot of sanctimonious monks on this thread. I sure hope some of your dads, sons, grandsons nephews, good friends get kicked out of school or lose their job based on an unproven allegation. Don't worry........it will happen one day. That's life in the age of She Too......

And I hope one of your wives, daughters, granddaughters, neices, or good friends aren't put in the situation where they have to defend themselves from people that accuse her of making a story up, that just might be true.

Happens all the time. Girls want it and don't want it at the same time ! Usually means big trouble for the guy. Girls start thinking , " do I want to be a victim of a whore". That answer puts the guy in jail !
No, it doesn't happen all the time. You need to grow up. 2% of reported cases turn out to be false accusations. 2%. Which is still infinitely higher than your success rate in impressing a woman.

This is exactly why the changes DeVos and Trump are putting in place allowing cross examination of accusers of sexual assault cases on campus is necessary. Men aren't mind readers and deserve to know explicitly from the female if she isn't interested. My wife agrees. We have two boys and we're honestly scared for them growing up on a society that is more and more hostile to them owing to the BS MeToo movement and general anti-male mentality of the modern feminist movement. Women have already achieved equal rights and representation in society and in the work place. They don't need to have the scales balanced unfairly in their favor.

How is this thread not locked? There’s a tremendous amount of ass-showing in here. If you are defending this behavior I have to believe you are trying to make your own conduct feel more acceptable.
I read the same reports the police obviously used in deciding not to charge these men. The girl could have said no, but didn't and acted as a participant. You can say you don't like what they did or say it's immoral, but that's beside the point. She wasn't a helpless child. She was an adult who made an adult decision that countless others make every day all across the world to have sex. If she had said no and they still continued that would be another matter, but she didn't. Simple as that.

Reactions: oldjar07
This is exactly why the changes DeVos and Trump are putting in place allowing cross examination of accusers of sexual assault cases on campus is necessary. Men aren't mind readers and deserve to know explicitly from the female if she isn't interested. My wife agrees. We have two boys and we're honestly scared for them growing up on a society that is more and more hostile to them owing to the BS MeToo movement and general anti-male mentality of the modern feminist movement. Women have already achieved equal rights and representation in society and in the work place. They don't need to have the scales balanced unfairly in their favor.
If your take away from the “me too” movement is that men have it bad then there’s really nothing else to say. Maybe men should know if women explicitly wanna be gangraped? Doesn’t seem that difficult. Tell your kids that if a woman comes over to your house and explicitly says before “I’m not having sex with you” don’t proceed to pressure her into sex and bring your roommate into it while covering her face with a sheet so she doesn’t know what’s going on? I’d start there, pretty simple stuff.

Man there’s a whole lot of stupid wrapped up in here, number one is the theory that something pro one side is anti the other. If we have this equality you speak of then why have we never had a female President or Vice President? Why is only 6.6% of the Fortune 500 comprised of female CEO’s? Why do women, on average make 20% less then men overall?

Now the second part where you add a huge disservice to men. Statements such as men aren’t mind readers is mind blowing moronic talk. Women and men are fully capable of and completely responsible to understand a situation and get consent.

Being “afraid” of culture change are the lowlife tactics of class warfare, it’s the playbook that was used to justify the holocaust and racism. It’s the playbook being used by a group to cling to the power that men have over society and the playbook that is being used to stoke the fear of immigration that our ancestors themselves (for the vast majority of this countries population) used and is the reason most are American today.

I implore you to turn off the “unbiased” news, step outside your bubble and reject your narrow minded lens that you view the world with.

I read the same reports the police obviously used in deciding not to charge these men. The girl could have said no, but didn't and acted as a participant. You can say you don't like what they did or say it's immoral, but that's beside the point. She wasn't a helpless child. She was an adult who made an adult decision that countless others make every day all across the world to have sex. If she had said no and they still continued that would be another matter, but she didn't. Simple as that.

More stupidity, most of society has realized that people in uncomfortable situations make unpredictable decisions, further that with studies that our brains aren’t fully developed for rational thinking until our mid twenties. What is obvious and makes sense to most 25+ year olds doesn’t always appear obvious to teens and young 20 somethings.

Kids hang out with the wrong crowd and make dumb decisions because they want to be cool or whatever. They live in the moment and rarely think rationally in situations.

Assume dude says hey, let’s hang out and have sex. Girl says no sex, but I’m cool to hang out. Guy says cool, agrees and girl comes over. Guy didn’t really mean it was cool, guys friend is over and you feel uncomfortable and dude says let’s go to the bedroom and starts touching her, she asks why are you touching me. Dude ignores it and keeps going, girl is physically outmatched and shuts down mentally because she doesn’t know how, or is afraid to get out of the situation. Now guys friend comes in and a blanket is tossed over girls head and the friend hops in on the “fun” again without the girl knowing what the hell to do.

You see that as okay and the girls fault? Who hurt you in life so badly that you can’t see this is horribly wrong? How do you not know that the burden of proof in a court of law is high to prove guilt and that the lack of charges never indicate innocence? Just because a prosecutor doesn’t think they can convince a jury that something happened beyond reasonable doubt doesn’t mean someone did nothing wrong. Prosecutors have never turned a blind eye to “help” powerful or people in positions of popularity have they?

If I had a son in high school I would encourage him to go to trade school to be a plumber or electrician. He would start his career with minimal debt, probably make more than 80% of UNL graduates, and not have to put up with PC professors and policies. IMHO, if there is evidence of a off campus crime, the DA should press charges. If a jury is convinced, the accused should be sentenced. If not or no charges, it is none of the university's business.

Excellent post sir. 100% correct as can be.

No, it doesn't happen all the time. You need to grow up. 2% of reported cases turn out to be false accusations. 2%. Which is still infinitely higher than your success rate in impressing a woman.

Again, that is not true. Peer reviewed studies show a range between 2% and 10% of rape accusations as false. The average is just under 6%. That is still a tiny percentage, but if you are going to argue based on supposedly objective numbers, you might want to be accurate. And as an anecdotal number, a relative ran a rape crisis center as her first job out of college in a medium-size Texas city. She was and still is a rape victim advocate and tends toward the woman's side. But even she admits that there are a significant number of false accusations, and the number may even be higher than 10%, as there are plenty of he said/she said's that are actually false accusations that are ignored in studies. Based on her experience, a higher percentage than 10% of the unquantifiable and un-prosecutable he said/she said's are false.

Due process is a problem which is why the Universities should stay out of the entire process. Let the police investigate and handle it. The university should support the accuser going to the police and provide as many resources support wise as possible to assist.

A family member of mine got some support from the University but more could and should be done. Within the last 2 or 3 years, one of those support systems was dropped because of funding which is crazy to me. We won't protect our young women while they're at school and now won't help them when they're victims of rape. The way the whole situation was handled is why I haven't donated to UNL since I graduated (aside from a lack of funds). I probably won't ever donate to be honest because of how much I felt the school let down my family member.

That being said, the only thing the University should do discipline wise is suspend people while an investigation is on-going and then issue expulsions upon a guilty sentence. If they're guilty, they don't belong on campus period. If they're under suspicion of sexual abuse, suspend them until they're cleared.
Pretty sure the article linked said police investigated and didn't press charges
Man there’s a whole lot of stupid wrapped up in here, number one is the theory that something pro one side is anti the other. If we have this equality you speak of then why have we never had a female President or Vice President? Why is only 6.6% of the Fortune 500 comprised of female CEO’s? Why do women, on average make 20% less then men overall?

Now the second part where you add a huge disservice to men. Statements such as men aren’t mind readers is mind blowing moronic talk. Women and men are fully capable of and completely responsible to understand a situation and get consent.

Being “afraid” of culture change are the lowlife tactics of class warfare, it’s the playbook that was used to justify the holocaust and racism. It’s the playbook being used by a group to cling to the power that men have over society and the playbook that is being used to stoke the fear of immigration that our ancestors themselves (for the vast majority of this countries population) used and is the reason most are American today.

I implore you to turn off the “unbiased” news, step outside your bubble and reject your narrow minded lens that you view the world with.
2024 will probably change that

Again, that is not true. Peer reviewed studies show a range between 2% and 10% of rape accusations as false. The average is just under 6%. That is still a tiny percentage, but if you are going to argue based on supposedly objective numbers, you might want to be accurate. And as an anecdotal number, a relative ran a rape crisis center as her first job out of college in a medium-size Texas city. She was and still is a rape victim advocate and tends toward the woman's side. But even she admits that there are a significant number of false accusations, and the number may even be higher than 10%, as there are plenty of he said/she said's that are actually false accusations that are ignored in studies. Based on her experience, a higher percentage than 10% of the unquantifiable and un-prosecutable he said/she said's are false.
First, yes, there some studies that say as high as 10%, but if you read something else besides Wikipedia, you will see that the most comprehensive and thorough studies fall around 2%. What's more, most of the women who make false rape accusations are either married or prostitutes who didn't get paid.

Here's an idea: ask your relative what she says about this story. You obviously value her opinion. I have a feeling she will not be supporting your contention that the girl in this story is lying.

More stupidity, most of society has realized that people in uncomfortable situations make unpredictable decisions, further that with studies that our brains aren’t fully developed for rational thinking until our mid twenties. What is obvious and makes sense to most 25+ year olds doesn’t always appear obvious to teens and young 20 somethings.

Kids hang out with the wrong crowd and make dumb decisions because they want to be cool or whatever. They live in the moment and rarely think rationally in situations.

Assume dude says hey, let’s hang out and have sex. Girl says no sex, but I’m cool to hang out. Guy says cool, agrees and girl comes over. Guy didn’t really mean it was cool, guys friend is over and you feel uncomfortable and dude says let’s go to the bedroom and starts touching her, she asks why are you touching me. Dude ignores it and keeps going, girl is physically outmatched and shuts down mentally because she doesn’t know how, or is afraid to get out of the situation. Now guys friend comes in and a blanket is tossed over girls head and the friend hops in on the “fun” again without the girl knowing what the hell to do.

You see that as okay and the girls fault? Who hurt you in life so badly that you can’t see this is horribly wrong? How do you not know that the burden of proof in a court of law is high to prove guilt and that the lack of charges never indicate innocence? Just because a prosecutor doesn’t think they can convince a jury that something happened beyond reasonable doubt doesn’t mean someone did nothing wrong. Prosecutors have never turned a blind eye to “help” powerful or people in positions of popularity have they?
There's a lot to the story we don't know about. Maybe the girl was more willing to participate than the article indicates. It happens all the time where a girl says she doesn't want sex over text, but then she initiates things when she gets over to the guy's place. We don't know much about the details and we don't even know how biased the only source of information we have on this case is.

The METoo movement came about largely because Hillary lost the election. There is still a massive outpouring of anger over the fact that we didn't get a female president that the left believed they were certain to get.
That anger started a movement that at first directed itself at legit targets like Harvey Weinstein who did have a pattern of abusing women under his control (that's a larger discussion) but many of the women involved in the accusations have questionable behavior of their own (Asia Argento had sex with a 17 year old boy that was a costar).
It isn't right to expect anyone (male or female, youg or old, etc) to know or understand non-verbal communication and to interpret it flawlessly every time. SOme people have Aspergers and other conditions that make it exceedingly difficult to naturally understand the intentions of others when it is not an explicit statement.
Do I think a grown woman is capable of explicitly saying "No, I do not want to have sex" and walking out the door if necessary? Yes, I do. I can't accept that someone can give mixed signals and carry out actions toward an end that they don't desire and have all the responsibility for the wrong action be that of those who are engaged in the same activity with that person.
Too many times we have allowed our society to slide toward imbalances in our justice system and in other areas (hiring, college acceptance, etc) that unfairly tilt the balance toward one group at the expense of another and that is what is occuring now with as sytem in colleges that says any accusation is enough to warrant discipline of the male without due process.
I would think that the police would have arrested the two men if it was clearly a case of rape, but clearly it was not. I have learned that by and large the police are both fair and judicious in their actions and will make an arrest more often than not when their is any doubt just to allow a furtherance of the investigation.
I would implore you to turn off your biased news and start to consider the impact of social engineering efforts of the left and the hurt they can and do cause people.

The METoo movement came about largely because Hillary lost the election. There is still a massive outpouring of anger over the fact that we didn't get a female president that the left believed they were certain to get.
That anger started a movement that at first directed itself at legit targets like Harvey Weinstein who did have a pattern of abusing women under his control (that's a larger discussion) but many of the women involved in the accusations have questionable behavior of their own (Asia Argento had sex with a 17 year old boy that was a costar).
It isn't right to expect anyone (male or female, youg or old, etc) to know or understand non-verbal communication and to interpret it flawlessly every time. SOme people have Aspergers and other conditions that make it exceedingly difficult to naturally understand the intentions of others when it is not an explicit statement.
Do I think a grown woman is capable of explicitly saying "No, I do not want to have sex" and walking out the door if necessary? Yes, I do. I can't accept that someone can give mixed signals and carry out actions toward an end that they don't desire and have all the responsibility for the wrong action be that of those who are engaged in the same activity with that person.
Too many times we have allowed our society to slide toward imbalances in our justice system and in other areas (hiring, college acceptance, etc) that unfairly tilt the balance toward one group at the expense of another and that is what is occuring now with as sytem in colleges that says any accusation is enough to warrant discipline of the male without due process.
I would think that the police would have arrested the two men if it was clearly a case of rape, but clearly it was not. I have learned that by and large the police are both fair and judicious in their actions and will make an arrest more often than not when their is any doubt just to allow a furtherance of the investigation.
I would implore you to turn off your biased news and start to consider the impact of social engineering efforts of the left and the hurt they can and do cause people.

So much ignorance in here, if you can’t grasp the historic systemic imbalance towards white men in society then there is no helping or convincing you of anything. Equality would be equal funding and opportunity for schools everywhere, our inner city schools are crumbling and in shambles. You have willful ignorance into how the human psyche works in general, especially in relation to uncomfortable or stressful situations.

Your comments about social engineering? I guess when women weren’t allowed to vote, blacks weren’t allowed to vote or go to the same school were the good old days for people like you. Today’s world was built on the back of systemic racism, sexist policies and white privilege. Saying we’re “equal” today is nonsense, if you take a white child who is a 3rd or 4th generation college educated person and compare that to a minority that may be the first in their family to have a shot at college and think that comparing their test scores equally is fair then I’m not shocked. You have the boomer generation who had subsidized college education and significant opportunity when they graduated, then as they took political power have attempted to strip every opportunity they were given from future generations. College costs are at an all time high, income equality is at an all time low. Boomers have sacrificed the future of their offspring for their own benefits.

So the TLDR response to you is...okay boomer.

Reactions: CameronKrazie86
just throw the 3 of them into the arctic ocean, and save tax paying citizens the headache of reading their drama/drivel

Reactions: huskerfan66
Well...there goes that idea. I was hoping both guys would earn their way back to playing again. I’m not sure if transferring is going to help them any. Maybe if both drop to JUCO levels or something like that. I can’t see another Power 5 team taking a chance on them with that issue.

Reactions: huskerfan66
IMO they all need to be booted from the University - the players involved and the girl. The players for not being sure about having consent. If she ever said no then that's their red flag to stay away. The girl for going to the apartment in the first place and then going into the bedroom after having been asked for sex. What crazy idiot puts themself in such a position and sends such mixed signals. Don't need any of them in Lincoln.

IMO they all need to be booted from the University - the players involved and the girl. The players for not being sure about having consent. If she ever said no then that's their red flag to stay away. The girl for going to the apartment in the first place and then going into the bedroom after having been asked for sex. What crazy idiot puts themself in such a position and sends such mixed signals. Don't need any of them in Lincoln.

Seriously, a person should be kicked out of school for making a questionable decision? There would be like 4 kids left in school at that point. Do some reading on development of the human brain and ages and then also some on how people react in situations that make them uncomfortable or scared.

On second thought I’m afraid you probably wouldn’t understand any of it anyway.

Seriously, a person should be kicked out of school for making a questionable decision? There would be like 4 kids left in school at that point. Do some reading on development of the human brain and ages and then also some on how people react in situations that make them uncomfortable or scared.

On second thought I’m afraid you probably wouldn’t understand any of it anyway.
Yes because 99% don't get in this situation. Sexual assault is far more serious than just being dismissed or justified as youthful stupid decision.

Based on your commentary I guess you think sexual assault is no more serious than parking illegally.

Last edited:
Yes because 99% don't get in this situation. Sexual assault is far more serious than just being dismissed or justified as youthful stupid decision.

The players, yes. Advocating that the female should be expelled takes a special level of stupidity.

The players, yes. Advocating that the female should be expelled takes a special level of stupidity.
It took a special stupidity for all of them. Why on earth did she go to their apartment when she knew they just wanted sex and then claim rape? Doesn't demonstrate the required level of college level smarts IMO.

College have behavorial standards that they all failed. Simple as that. Kick them out and let the courts decide guilt or innocence. There's plenty of other students who need an education. College is a privilege, not a basic right.

It took a special stupidity for all of them. Why on earth did she go to their apartment when she knew they just wanted sex and then claim rape? Doesn't demonstrate the required level of college level smarts IMO.

College have behavorial standards that they all failed. Simple as that. Kick them out and let the courts decide guilt or innocence. There's plenty of other students who need an education. College is a privilege, not a basic right.

Naivety is not an reason to be kicked out of school, trusting another human to not assault you is not a reason to be kicked out of school. Should we also kick out kids who get robbed walking down the street at night? Or do we just reserve that for those “dumb” sexual assault victims?

Naivety is not an reason to be kicked out of school, trusting another human to not assault you is not a reason to be kicked out of school. Should we also kick out kids who get robbed walking down the street at night? Or do we just reserve that for those “dumb” sexual assault victims?
When you voluntarily, knowingly and intentionally put yourself in harms way that indicates some underlying mental problem. The University makes it's own rules for behavorial standards they expect from students not the public. They're not laws, just like getting passing grades aren't laws, they're standards that must be obeyed to be allowed to continue enrollment.

When you voluntarily, knowingly and intentionally put yourself in harms way that indicates some underlying mental problem. The University makes it's own rules for behavorial standards they expect from students not the public. They're not laws, just like getting passing grades aren't laws, they're standards that must be obeyed to be allowed to continue enrollment.

When you post such incredibly ignorant drivel it indicates underlying mental issues. Again, people are HUMAN, they make mistakes. Even adults make questionable decisions and get themselves in compromising situations. To kick someone out of school for going to someone’s house to hang out, regardless of what you think, is an absolutely moronic suggestion.

Reactions: CameronKrazie86
First, yes, there some studies that say as high as 10%, but if you read something else besides Wikipedia, you will see that the most comprehensive and thorough studies fall around 2%. What's more, most of the women who make false rape accusations are either married or prostitutes who didn't get paid.

Here's an idea: ask your relative what she says about this story. You obviously value her opinion. I have a feeling she will not be supporting your contention that the girl in this story is lying.

Don't put words in my mouth, speedboat. I never said the girl was lying. Your reading comprehension skills need some serious work. I pointed out your reliance on fake stats. That's all.

I don't rely on Wikipedia. Only idiots rely on Wikipedia. I went to a study done by Washburn University. As all scientific studies should, this started out with a review of the literature. And the review of the literature showed previous studies put the numbers between 2% and 10%, with an average of 5.7% of all reports being false. And as I said, that is still a tiny percentage. But it also suggests that you are completely wrong.

I emailed my relative, and it took some time for her to respond. But her response pretty much mimics what mine was: we don't have enough information to reach any sort of intelligent conclusion on this particular accusation. We both know, from personal experience, that the news media tends to focus on the wrong facts and ignore the legally relevant facts in cases such as these. But she did say that your suggestion that the majority of false rape claims are made prostitutes that don't get paid or married women is utter BS.

When you post such incredibly ignorant drivel it indicates underlying mental issues. Again, people are HUMAN, they make mistakes. Even adults make questionable decisions and get themselves in compromising situations. To kick someone out of school for going to someone’s house to hang out, regardless of what you think, is an absolutely moronic suggestion.
Bye, bye you're headed to my ignore list when you have to resort to personal attacks to make your point of view. I don't at all mind different opinions but they need to be made in a civil manner and respectfully phrased. Bye.

Bye, bye you're headed to my ignore list when you have to resort to personal attacks to make your point of view. I don't at all mind different opinions but they need to be made in a civil manner and respectfully phrased. Bye.

No loss, I was responding in kind to what you were posting. You decided to call a young woman mentally challenged for making a bad choice, good luck in your blissful state.

Hmmm not enough evidence to wit no charges filed, low evidence threshold, two lives ruined basically for the time being as far as they're concerned. Glad I don't have single son's anymore. My wife warned them about stuff like this could happen to them.

Chances are they're not completely innocent but man, you can get hung out to dry fast

Close...

Reactions: artguy68
Don't put words in my mouth, speedboat. I never said the girl was lying. Your reading comprehension skills need some serious work. I pointed out your reliance on fake stats. That's all.

I don't rely on Wikipedia. Only idiots rely on Wikipedia. I went to a study done by Washburn University. As all scientific studies should, this started out with a review of the literature. And the review of the literature showed previous studies put the numbers between 2% and 10%, with an average of 5.7% of all reports being false. And as I said, that is still a tiny percentage. But it also suggests that you are completely wrong.

I emailed my relative, and it took some time for her to respond. But her response pretty much mimics what mine was: we don't have enough information to reach any sort of intelligent conclusion on this particular accusation. We both know, from personal experience, that the news media tends to focus on the wrong facts and ignore the legally relevant facts in cases such as these. But she did say that your suggestion that the majority of false rape claims are made prostitutes that don't get paid or married women is utter BS.
You cite one study that researched false allegations and use that to say I am wrong? You cite one study, I cite another. But it is true, most all studies are between 2% and 10%.

And your relative probably has a different story to tell you today, given the arrests made. By the way, the NIH is the one who says most false accusations of rape are made by married women or prostitutes. Argue with them, not me.

Reactions: jmliehr
Status
Not open for further replies.
ADVERTISEMENT