ADVERTISEMENT

hugh freeze

Are the Huskers as desperate as Liberty? What great coach wants to spend a lifetime at Liberty?

Who says Freeze will be at Liberty for a lifetime? You don't know that. If it was all that egregious he wouldn't be coaching anymore to begin with.

Reactions: BleedRed78
If AD Alberts is serious about winning, which i don't think he is, hiring a HC with the winning history of Hugh Freeze is a must.

This hire will show immediately if AD Alberts is serious about winning.

Yes, Hugh Freeze has made some mistakes in his past. He'll be the first to tell you that. But he has found freedom at Liberty U.
That’s ridiculous. Winning is his #1 priority. The golden goose is in the ICU and winning is the only true cure.

Where it gets murky is to identify the best path forward, without the benefit of hindsight. Very few sure bets, most of which won’t consider the job. Breaking the bank to land the biggest splash hire possible is no guarantee. If it were, I would be all for it.

Trev may make a decision different than you or I anticipated, but I am certain his prime objective is to make the football team a winner again. Hopefully the process and criteria he uses is able to produce the results.

If AD Alberts is serious about winning, which i don't think he is, hiring a HC with the winning history of Hugh Freeze is a must.

This hire will show immediately if AD Alberts is serious about winning.

Yes, Hugh Freeze has made some mistakes in his past. He'll be the first to tell you that. But he has found freedom at Liberty U.
:rolleyes: Yeah, Trev was never interested in winning as a player at Nebraska, why would he be as the AD?

Who says Freeze will be at Liberty for a lifetime? You don't know that. If it was all that egregious he wouldn't be coaching anymore to begin with.

He wants to be at Liberty. If P5 money was going to change his mind, he would right now be the head coach at SC or Auburn.

Reactions: Sinomatic

He wants to be at Liberty. If P5 money was going to change his mind, he would right now be the head coach at SC or Auburn.

Yeah it doesn't surprise me he'd sign. Doesn't surprise me Liberty would move fast to unload the Brinks truck...for them anyway.. Thats a P5 payout....at Liberty and a lot of vacancies out there.

Texas Tech kicked the tires according to an outlet in 2021.

Maybe money wouldn't change his mind. He's repented, his wife stayed with him through his fault(God bless her), and he's never left the south...ever.

I didn't think he'd leave because of money. I didn't think he'd leave because he's never left the southland.

I don't think you can say you've done the future of any program right by not going after the best in the field and he's up there.

What Freeze did at Ole Miss would be like Sciano turning Rutgers into a top 10 team, getting the #1 recruiting class and beat OSU and MI. He may have been caught cheating but I'm sure lots of other teams were doing the same thing. Turning Ole Miss into a top 10 team is not a small accomplishment.

ADVERTISEMENT