ADVERTISEMENT

Hroch Named Big Ten Pitcher of the Week

Alum-Ni

Administrator
Gold Member
Aug 29, 2004

Co-Player of the Week
1B - Kellen Sarver, Illinois (JR)

- Posted a slugging percentage of 1.417 and a .538 on-base percentage to lead the Illini against Penn State last weekend
- Registered a .500 batting average on the week with six hits, six runs, seven RBI, two doubles and three home runs
- Recorded his first career multi-home run game and had a career-high six RBI on May 22, including a fourth-inning grand slam to give the Illini a 10-3 lead
- Wins his first career Big Ten Player of the Week award
- last Illinois Player of the Week: Jack Yalowitz (March 11, 2019)

Co-Player of the Week
1B - Bailey Peterson, Michigan State (SR)

- Went 6-of-14 (.429) with eight RBI and four extra-base hits, including three home runs to help the Spartans capture their second-straight road series win at Rutgers
- Bashed two home runs and went 4-for-5 with seven RBI in Sunday's 14-8 win, helping MSU to a season-high run total and matching its season best with 17 hits
- His seven RBI tied for the most in a Big Ten game this season and the most by a Spartan since March 26, 2017 (Brandon Hughes - seven at Illinois)
- Wins his first career Big Ten Player of the Week award
- Last Michigan State Player of the Week: Zaid Walker (March 10, 2021)

Pitcher of the Week
P - Chance Hroch, Nebraska (SR)

- Pitched his first career complete game on May 22, leading Nebraska to a win at Indiana and the Huskers' second Big Ten Championship title
- Matched a career-high with 10 strikeouts, allowing just one run on three hits over 9.0 innings
- Faced the minimum in an inning five times, including the sixth, seventh and eighth innings
- Wins his first career Big Ten Pitcher of the Week award
- Last Nebraska Pitcher of the Week: Cade Povich (May 18, 2021)

Freshman of the Week
2B - Matthew Shaw, Maryland (FR)

- Went 5-for-13 (.385) at the plate in Maryland's series win at No. 24 Michigan
- Finished with a .538 slugging percentage and a .467 on-base percentage on the weekend
- Went 2-for-5 with an RBI in Maryland's series-clinching win on Sunday, scoring the eventual game-winning run after a leadoff double in the third
- Wins his first career Big Ten Freshman of the Week award
- Last Maryland Freshman of the Week: Jason Savacool (May 11, 2021)

Congratulations to Freshman Matt Shaw (2nd baseman) from Maryland. Good weekend, nice honor. But wait...

Matt Shaw - Hit .385, RBIs 1, Runs 4, OB% .467, SLG% .538
Anderson -- Hit .353, RBIs 3, Runs 5, OB% .579, SLG% .706
Matthews - Hit .375, RBIs 7, Runs, 5 OB% ..375, SLG% .750

[Scratches head]

Last edited:
I don't think Brice hit that high, wasnt he 6-16 for a .375 avg? Your point stands, just more curious.

I am surprised Chance didn't share the award with the tOSU guy. The B1G did it right for once.

I don't think Brice hit that high, wasnt he 6-16 for a .375 avg? Your point stands, just more curious.

I am surprised Chance didn't share the award with the tOSU guy. The B1G did it right for once.
You're right and that also changed his OB% and SLG%. I fixed it, thank you.

Reactions: saluno22
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT