ADVERTISEMENT

How will we finish?

HuskerAlum92

First Team All-Big Ten
Jan 8, 2007
Now that the weaknesses are there for everyone to see, I am curious to see what the coaches will be able to do as the season progresses. If the coaches are as good as hoped, we should be able to overcome many of our issues. The goals are still out there, which to me for this year are:

1. Win the division
2. If not, at least come close. Don't get blown out and hopefully get at least one win against MN or WI.

I'll wait till conference play starts so I can see what happens the next 3 weeks with everyone else in the division.

BTN guys picked Nebraska to win the West before Saturday.

After one, it is hard for me to see us finding our way to the top of the division. We have a chance, but so do about 4 other teams. I don't like the odds given that we are under a new system and played a sloppy game against BYU.

We are going to get a lot better as the season goes along. I've always thought we go 2-2 in the non-con, but come late October/Early November, we should be playing real good ball. No bye week interruptions will also help. I think we will be real good towards the end of the season.

There is going to be growing pains. If we can get the run game going and tighten up the D we will be fine. The remaining QBs that can beat us through the air are Cook and Kaaya. Still a lot of hope. We just lost on a Hail Mary to a decent team. It's not over.

We have IMO 3 certain wins, maybe 4. Beyond that? I just hope we make a bowl game so the team gets extra practice for next year.

I'm not being negative or saying this as an indictment of the staff or players. Historically staff changes are rough. Better be prepared for that possibility.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT