ADVERTISEMENT

How we feeling about Fidone tomorrow?

How we looking with Rollins?

As of right now, it’s said per AJ Rollins that our Huskers are his leader and he’s supposed to make his commitment next week between his teams. So there’s a good chance we will have both Fidone and Rollins come next week sometime. Not a bad group of TEs.

You're probably just trolling but I'll bite. This class needs to fill needs since we have to somewhat selective due to size.

We get Fidone and that is a game changer for the TE room.

We added a bunch of height to the WR room that was desperately needed.

We added a big, strong, fast local project qb who will likely sit anyway for awhile. Perfect situation. Not likely to get frustrated and transfer right away.

We added some massive O-lineman, one of them a highly rated OT.

Another good looking rb.

Some db's and LB's.

Not sure what's going on with DL recruiting. Appears to be the weak link.

“Not sure what's going on with DL recruiting. Appears to be the weak link”

I know we are in the process of hopefully flipping this young man from USC....fingers crossed. He’s been quoted saying he’s backing off a bit on his commitment to USC and going to re-evaluate his recruitment to make sure he’s making the right choice. So we definitely have a chance here.

Last edited:
My son is stationed down there (Air Force) and I had him call our ins agent today to make sure he's covered for hurricanes and floods on his car....sounds like it's going to be a doozy.
Yeah it hit that warm water in the gulf. Sounds like cat 4 hitting major oil refineries square in the nuts.

As of right now, it’s said per AJ Rollins that our Huskers are his leader and he’s supposed to make his commitment next week between his teams. So there’s a good chance we will have both Fidone and Rollins come next week sometime. Not a bad group of TEs.

“Not sure what's going on with DL recruiting. Appears to be the weak link”

I know we are in the process of hopefully flipping this young man from USC....fingers crossed. He’s been quoted saying he’s backing off a bit on his commitment to USC and going to re-evaluate his recruitment to make sure he’s making the right choice. So we definitely have a chance here.

Assuming we land Fidone and Rollins, do we no longer pursue Carnie?

I have read this "small class size" and "selective" multiple times and it doesn't calculate for me.

To me, if your class is small you are VERY selective and pick up the highest rated for positions but a small in total numbers class. I.e we are only going to take 2 DB's so let's get 2 really good, highly rated guys.

Does anyone really see that happening? I do not. Honestly, it appears we are scrambling to fill the class.
I'm feeling the same way, I think the class is full of plan B and plan C players but Fidone is an absolute A+. We just need to use him. We hear all about our advantage of early playing time. This has proven not to be true.

I'm feeling the same way, I think the class is full of plan B and plan C players but Fidone is an absolute A+. We just need to use him. We hear all about our advantage of early playing time. This has proven not to be true.
yea, I mean only 2 QBs, 3 RBs, entire WR corps and center have started in their first couple years at NU

I, too, would like to see more guys earn immediate playing time.

As I look at our recruits, I see that 12 out of 15 have an offer from teams in the AP top 25 and many of them multiple offers from top 25 teams...I wouldn't call them plan B or C players...but that is just my opinion : )

So after Fidone, what position remains as a must have? So they take Rollins as a second TE, not seeing Carnie in this TE class(maybe DE/DL?) but need room for 1 of the Bell-West kids next year, IMO. I think they hold 1 ‘ship back in case Dickerson pulls a late flip from the Goofers.

So after Fidone, what position remains as a must have? So they take Rollins as a second TE, not seeing Carnie in this TE class(maybe DE/DL?) but need room for 1 of the Bell-West kids next year, IMO. I think they hold 1 ‘ship back in case Dickerson pulls a late flip from the Goofers.

I think it’s a long shot, but I was also wondering if they may give Carnie a look as project DE.
I’m sure they’d prefer a proven DE, but it’s not completely out of the question.

Thats funny, after we get Fidone our class will be ranked at Top 20 and we managed that with a bunch of plan B and C players. ;)

Reactions: OzzyLvr
You're probably just trolling but I'll bite. This class needs to fill needs since we have to somewhat selective due to size.

We get Fidone and that is a game changer for the TE room.

We added a bunch of height to the WR room that was desperately needed.

We added a big, strong, fast local project qb who will likely sit anyway for awhile. Perfect situation. Not likely to get frustrated and transfer right away.

We added some massive O-lineman, one of them a highly rated OT.

Another good looking rb.

Some db's and LB's.

Not sure what's going on with DL recruiting. Appears to be the weak link.

Im not trolling. I became a Neb fan while playing Hockey at UNO. I knew relatively little about college football when I moved to Omaha (Canadian) in the late 90’s. It was a wonderful time for UNO hockey but I digress.

After hockey I stayed in Omaha and went to the business school. I wasn’t good enough to play at a higher level but I loved the friends I made in Omaha and got immersed in the culture. Nebraska was flying high in football and it’s hard not to get caught up in it. It’s a real downer what’s happened in football though. I do believe Frost is the guy but I’m very disappointed in this years recruiting. He’s the hot young coach. He should be reeling them in. Nebraska is like a sleeping giant waiting to explode. You can’t ask for better fans. Heck, the UNO hockey fans were/are rabid. We blew away virtually every schools atmosphere. It’s the same in football. Just need to get some talent i there and it should explode.

Reactions: blackshirts25
Im not trolling. I became a Neb fan while playing Hockey at UNO. I knew relatively little about college football when I moved to Omaha (Canadian) in the late 90’s. It was a wonderful time for UNO hockey but I digress.

After hockey I stayed in Omaha and went to the business school. I wasn’t good enough to play at a higher level but I loved the friends I made in Omaha and got immersed in the culture. Nebraska was flying high in football and it’s hard not to get caught up in it. It’s a real downer what’s happened in football though. I do believe Frost is the guy but I’m very disappointed in this years recruiting. He’s the hot young coach. He should be reeling them in. Nebraska is like a sleeping giant waiting to explode. You can’t ask for better fans. Heck, the UNO hockey fans were/are rabid. We blew away virtually every schools atmosphere. It’s the same in football. Just need to get some talent i there and it should explode.

well, being real here. Having no official visits being allowed and now no season this fall, all of this isn’t helping us at all. Officials have always been our bread and butter and letting recruits see our packed stadium and such.

Now I do agree, this class is no where near last years Top 17 class or the year befores Top 15 class. But we aren’t doing that bad. We currently have 4 4 star players and around 5-6 borderline 4 star players. And once we add Fidone later on, that will give us 5 4 stars (2 in the Top 100 and 2 inside the Top 250 and one reg 4 star) and all this while we haven’t been allowed to do any official visits. Plus side is, we are filling some needs with this class.

Last edited:
Will it be broadcast on twitter? I don’t love in the Omaha area but would love to watch the commitment?

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT